Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 37,275 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

These free Sony MDR-1R headphones they're giving away...

Tip us?

parapaul
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default These free Sony MDR-1R headphones they're giving away...

Right. Who thinks these are actually going to be any good?

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hps-pr...eadband/mdr-1r

The list price is 299, yet they're GIVING them away with every Xperia Z. I can't see any for sale yet on ebay, but I expect there will be a glut of them throughout March!

I have no interest in them, I'll be selling them straight on, but if I was buying I wouldn't pay more than 10% of the retail price.

Nexus 5 - Paranoid Android 4 Beta
Sony Xperia Tablet Z [SGP312] - OmniROM

Brought into the light by my old HTC Desire S with Flinny's CM10

Biffy
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
Right. Who thinks these are actually going to be any good?

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/hps-pr...eadband/mdr-1r

The list price is 299, yet they're GIVING them away with every Xperia Z. I can't see any for sale yet on ebay, but I expect there will be a glut of them throughout March!

I have no interest in them, I'll be selling them straight on, but if I was buying I wouldn't pay more than 10% of the retail price.
Plenty of reviews on the web saying they ARE good headphones.

They're giving them away because they don't cost Sony 299 to make them.

There are some for sale on ebay, with people explaining they won't have them till March. IMO, they will be lucky to get the 150+ they are asking, when you can buy them new with a warranty for 170ish.

Having a good pair of headphones is great, I have a 300 pair of Sennheisers and I'll still be keeping these Sony's.

Warrimonk
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Default Re: These free Sony MDR-1R headphones they're giving away...

I wouldn't be complaining about free headphones.... This is a special deal only to people in the UK! Be grateful because some people like myself who live in another country couldn't get this if we wanted to.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Warrimonk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hndr_haryanto
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Default Stereo Bluetooth Headset SBH20 and Wireless Headset DR-BTN200M

And how price for ftereo Bluetooth Headset SBH20 and Wireless Headset DR-BTN200M?

Egan
Old
Thanks Meter 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrimonk
This is a special deal only to people in the UK!
Also to people in The Netherlands and probably more countries.

vivftp
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Reviews on these headphones indicate they're excellent quality for the asking price and VERY comfortable. I'm surprised Sony is providing them as I feel they're actually TOO good for something like this, but eh, more power to them for actually doing this.

I hope Canadians get something nice when we get the ZL
The Following User Says Thank You to vivftp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ambroos
Old
Thanks Meter 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by parapaul View Post
Seriously? Even at their RRP they are pretty good headphones that are suited for almost all kinds of music. They really sound pretty good, they look great and they are probably the most comfortable headphones I have ever tried. What kind of headphones do you usually use then?
Sony Xperia Z2 - D6503, black
Sony Xperia Tablet Z LTE - SGP321, black
Sony Xperia Z1 - C6903, black, backup

Huge Sony (Ericsson) fan.
J210i, K320i, G705, Arc, Elm, Neo, Arc S, Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z2

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Im not going to get them cause i'll buy my Xperia without that deal ( not from carrier ) but i'd love to have them so if any of you want to sell theirs for reasonable price via ebay - i might be interested

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

Warrimonk
Old
Thanks Meter 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivftp View Post
Reviews on these headphones indicate they're excellent quality for the asking price and VERY comfortable. I'm surprised Sony is providing them as I feel they're actually TOO good for something like this, but eh, more power to them for actually doing this.

I hope Canadians get something nice when we get the ZL
I hope we get something with the ZL as well.... But knowing how much of an asshole the Canadian providers are.... There probably won't even be a preorder. If you really want these headphones it might be worth ordering from three with a 1 month contract... If they will even internationally ship it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

parapaul
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambroos View Post
Seriously? Even at their RRP they are pretty good headphones that are suited for almost all kinds of music. They really sound pretty good, they look great and they are probably the most comfortable headphones I have ever tried. What kind of headphones do you usually use then?
I can't get on with over-the-ear heapdhones at all - I just don't find them comfortable. I have a pair of Sennheiser in-ear buds that are a couple of years old but they produce really good quality sound and I can wear them all day comfortably.

Nexus 5 - Paranoid Android 4 Beta
Sony Xperia Tablet Z [SGP312] - OmniROM

Brought into the light by my old HTC Desire S with Flinny's CM10