Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,034 Members 47,228 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replacement screen+digitizer

Tip us?

johnkubik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Replacement screen+digitizer

I was looking for a reputable, cheap, place to buy a replacement LCD+digitizer for my c6603 (black). I sat on it today and it totally broke. I have watched all of the repair videos -- so I am up-to-date on how to repair it. I just need to find a cheap screen replacement now so I can repair it.

Also, it was really awesome that I rooted the device and had usb mode enabled because it allowed me to use a VNC app to display the phone on my computer. That allowed me to still use the phone even with the screen broken.

FYI: I used a usb-otg and usb mouse to unlock the screen -- that was kind of a guessing game since the screen was so messed up I couldnt see anything... so I kinda had to guess where the mouse cursor was and just got lucky unlocking it so I could back it up.

I dont really want to pay over $120 for the screen/digitizer, most places are $180+ but there are some that are cheaper. Just looking for some other opinions.

Thanks for the help!

Dsteppa
Old
Thanks Meter 323
You won't find any for that price.
The phone is still to new. It's not even that cheap on Ebay

johnkubik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsteppa View Post
You won't find any for that price.
The phone is still to new. It's not even that cheap on Ebay

Ok, so what is a reputable place I can get it then? And what price would I expect to pay?

Thanks!

TraxXrAt
Old
(Last edited by TraxXrAt; 4th March 2014 at 04:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Default Sony Z

Hi there, are you interested in a complete replacement for 160$ ? I have a black complete frame with battery, coax cable, back cover, screen+digitizer. You will just have to insert in it your motherboard and the two cameras. Tell me if you want to buy it. We'll do the transaction either on ebay or via paypal.

Dsteppa
Old
Thanks Meter 323
http://rounded.com/xperia-z-l36h/

You can buy Xperia Z parts here. Not cheap tho