Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Sony Xperia Z Master Accessories List --- (updated Feb. 6th 2013) ---

OP djq

3rd February 2013, 04:17 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 3

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz78

Coming from the pre-order opening at Paris Sony Store, vendors were talking about a wireless charging pod by sony. Somebody knows about it ?

They probably meant the charging dock. The SXZ has two contact point at the leftside of the phone. Clicking it in a dock will have it charge through these contacts. This technically is wireless. The dock has a wire, but no wires are required to charge the phone from the dock.
4th February 2013, 01:53 PM   |  #12  

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregz78

Coming from the pre-order opening at Paris Sony Store, vendors were talking about a wireless charging pod by sony. Somebody knows about it ?

I've heard of a case cover that include the QI technology but I don't find official source for that.
4th February 2013, 08:53 PM   |  #13  
Flag Leuven / Sint-Truiden
Thanks Meter: 905

1,389 posts
More
It should be pretty easy for third-party companies to create covers that include Qi wireless charging thanks to the dock connectors on the side.
4th February 2013, 10:23 PM   |  #14  
Flag Paris

71 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucoBuck

They probably meant the charging dock. The SXZ has two contact point at the leftside of the phone. Clicking it in a dock will have it charge through these contacts. This technically is wireless. The dock has a wire, but no wires are required to charge the phone from the dock.

It's not about the DK26 charging station because it's already included in the retail package sold by the Sony Store.
Other packages from operators may not include this dock... depending on their own strategy.

Concerning QI like charging dock, the vendor was telling me that he has no info about the availibility but he heard of it.
Of course the 2 charging pins can be used with a special case cover... Don't know yet
Last edited by Gregz78; 4th February 2013 at 10:33 PM.
5th February 2013, 12:53 PM   |  #15  
Flag Poznan
Thanks Meter: 649

690 posts
Donate to Me
More
Accessories in clove uk
I have noticed that there is a few more accessories at clove co uk that are not on your list, including Case-mate Tough and Case-mate barely there cases.
I like the looks of Krussel case a lot and how it shows off the Xperia logo in the back
6th February 2013, 07:54 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 26

195 posts
More
I thought it was prohibited on XDA to post referral links for our own profit. Op, did you ask permission before doing this ?
7th February 2013, 06:10 AM   |  #17  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,438

3,767 posts
More
No valuable info left

Closed thread

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
accessories, case, screen protecter, sony, xperia
Previous Thread Next Thread