Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][Z][KK][LB,UB][.292] eXistenZ Ultimate | 3.5.5 | Light & Dark | AROMA | 17/02/15

30th March 2015, 01:31 PM |#3651  
Flag Hagen
Thanks Meter: 18

50 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic

@langeveld024
Wrong buddy, you can get a firmware update if you have root but you cant get a firmware update with an unlocked bootloader then you will brick the device.
TA is for bravia engine etc and your DRM Keys !!
Please do some research 1st

Sent From My Z2 On LP 5.0.2 Full Debloated !

Hey pandemic,just wanted to ask few questions...for example when i unlock the bootloader but have the backup with drm keys etc...and when i flash the stock firmware .ftf and install the backup ,will i still recive new updates ? or will it be over with my new updates ? and yes i heard the camera gets a lil bit worse when you root your phone and ulock the bootloader ? coz i really use my camera daily and i really use the phone often 8 hours per day for sure..so i need something that not drains my battery..would you recommend this ^^ ? cheers

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaideep1in

Since you are talking about the TA backup, I presume that you want to unlock your bootloader.

1) So, IF you have NOT unlocked your bootloader, your DRM and Bravia are Functional.
You CAN update using the sony updater (SUS)... The only thing is you shall LOSE your ROOT once you update ( i am talking about SYSTEM Updates )

2) If you HAVE unlocked your bootloader, kindly DO NOT use the official Sony updater for SYSTEM updates. It will BRICK your device.
I do not know about the exact use of DRM and Bravia, kind of never used them really. So, if your phone is already out of warranty, I highly recommend you unlock the bootloader.
The installation process for most of the ROMs gets way too easy. Plus you get far too many customizations on the kernel.

3) If your BL is Unlocked, Just install a kernel that supports Undervolting . Undervolting and or Underclocking increases the battery Life.
about performance too, you can overclock your device. you can change different handlers (governors/schedulers/profiles) to optimise the battery life. I really haven't actually measured it, but theoretically, it should increase your battery life...People say so.
(I use the Zombie kernel and i like it But please, kindly read up extensively on these 2 topics before starting to fiddle with the voltage and speed values of your phone. First timers also need some balls to play with their own devices :P mine was for 40k (I am a MBBS Student), so i did hitch for sometime before unlocking my Z and fiddling around with a new kernel...

as far as speed is concerned, you remember the notification drop down and the settings menu being a bit laggy in the stock firmware, well, its not so in this ROM, so yeah its in a way faster than the stock. Plus you can Choose what all crappy stock softwares that you want or not want. Improves performance again

Bugs, ermm. None "discovered" as of now by me and I like it just waiting for this guy to upload the LP version....

and 4) as i have said above, if ever, you choose to RESTORE your Trim area, just restore it and flash the latest FTF ( do not exclude anything in Flashtool)
You can use "XperiFirm" to download the most appropriate FTF.
It will become new, out of the factory .

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

yep, use Zombie

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ombie-t2978776

Undervolt ur device, use intellidemand
reduce the vibrator strength
install greenify
switch on the stamina mode ( i need to verify if it works or not :P )

ohh maaaan thanks for this ^^ !!! No thats not my first time to root a xperia device but this seems to be a bit different than on my S,and U ....i wanted to do TA Keys backup but i must first root the device,so what do you recommend to root my device ? a one click root tool or what ? and yes the phone ist fully stock, official .292 firmware 4.4.4 and locked bootloader..
30th March 2015, 01:50 PM |#3652  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 19

20 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx_Niresh_xx

ohh maaaan thanks for this ^^ !!! No thats not my first time to root a xperia device but this seems to be a bit different than on my S,and U ....i wanted to do TA Keys backup but i must first root the device,so what do you recommend to root my device ? a one click root tool or what ? and yes the phone ist fully stock, official .292 firmware 4.4.4 and locked bootloader..

Well, I used Towelroot to root my phone. that worked fine, really. You can try that . I hear there is something called as "KingRoot" out there. My friends were mentioning it. ( It comes with an app called xmodgames ) :P

But i guess since your thing is updated... you might have to revert to some older firmware first...
Please google it man.

Use Xperifirm to keep the latest firmware handy

and, dont thank me :P just hit the Button .
The Following User Says Thank You to jaideep1in For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2015, 02:13 PM |#3653  
Flag Hagen

50 posts
More
Quote:

Well, I used Towelroot to root my phone. that worked fine, really. You can try that . I hear there is something called as "KingRoot" out there. My friends were mentioning it. ( It comes with an app called xmodgames ) :P

But i guess since your thing is updated... you might have to revert to some older firmware first...
Please google it man.

Use Xperifirm to keep the latest firmware handy

and, dont thank me :P just hit the Button .

Just one more question since this ROM is for locked bootloader ^^ so when i install it,and then later flash the stock .ftf firmware...and do my TA Keys and DRM Backup,will i then still get updates from sony ? coz i still have one year warranty on mah phone
30th March 2015, 04:17 PM |#3654  
Flag Pune

20 posts
More
Quote:

Just one more question since this ROM is for locked bootloader ^^ so when i install it,and then later flash the stock .ftf firmware...and do my TA Keys and DRM Backup,will i then still get updates from sony ? coz i still have one year warranty on mah phone

This rom is for Locked AND Unlocked Bootloader .... mine is unlocked.
I am going to shed some of my knowledge and you decide :P. I hope others find it interesting too

The thing is TA stands for Trim Area.
The Area that can be Trimmed Out of the Bootloader sequence xP.

So, here's the thing. If i am wrong, please enlighten me.

The bootloader is the program that mounts the kernel (which apart from being a Software Hardware Interface, becomes the secondary loader and mounts the OS and stuff)
The TA is the partition that holds your hardware keys, simlock status and Bootloader unlock status, DRM keys yada yada yada that are unique to each Sony Phone.
The Bootloader checks the TA partition before mounting the kernel. Its just how Sony has designed its bootloader ...

Unlocking the bootloader means that you can now mount your own kernel. Different.

Now, in Order to protect its copyright and other non-open source crap, Normally, Unlocking the bootloader erases the DRM keys and the license for the Bravia Engine and puts the BL unlock flag to 1. Seriously, that is just how SONY made it.

SO, THEORETICALLY, if you DO NOT unlock your BL, and also DO NOT specifically send in Kernel Mode commands to damage your Trim Area, It should NOT get disturbed.

Therefore, If you are installing this ROM in its Locked Bootloader Mode, You still keep your DRM keys. the TA is NOT Wiped.

Backing up TA comes in handy when you are unlocking your bootloader.
You unlock ur BL, and it erases your TA (sets the bootloader unlock flag to 1 )
Now imagine you brick your device. And you take it to the service center. They will say that your device has been bricked as a consequence of your own actions. That you probably sent some bad commands from the kernel mode and it hard bricked your device.
So, what you do is, you meet me . and I tell you to restore your TA to what it was originally ( with its BL unlock flag set to 0 ), basically, Locking back your BL and Flash stock FTF and take it back to the service center.
This time, they wont come to know that you had R*ped your device and you manage to obtain a get out of jail free card :P

SO, all in all, the answer to your question is if you do not Unlock ur Bootloader, it does not erase your TA. SO, if you flash back stock FTF, it shall work as if it is new from the factory.
ALSO, since developers love playing around with Build.prop file, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you DO NOT use "SYSTEM" updates OFF the Sony update manager while you are using this ROM. you can, however do App updates
30th March 2015, 04:28 PM |#3655  
Flag Hagen

50 posts
More
Quote:

This rom is for Locked AND Unlocked Bootloader .... mine is unlocked.
I am going to shed some of my knowledge and you decide :P. I hope others find it interesting too

The thing is TA stands for Trim Area.
The Area that can be Trimmed Out of the Bootloader sequence xP.

So, here's the thing. If i am wrong, please enlighten me.

The bootloader is the program that mounts the kernel (which apart from being a Software Hardware Interface, becomes the secondary loader and mounts the OS and stuff)
The TA is the partition that holds your hardware keys, simlock status and Bootloader unlock status, DRM keys yada yada yada that are unique to each Sony Phone.
The Bootloader checks the TA partition before mounting the kernel. Its just how Sony has designed its bootloader ...

Unlocking the bootloader means that you can now mount your own kernel. Different.

Now, in Order to protect its copyright and other non-open source crap, Normally, Unlocking the bootloader erases the DRM keys and the license for the Bravia Engine and puts the BL unlock flag to 1. Seriously, that is just how SONY made it.

SO, THEORETICALLY, if you DO NOT unlock your BL, and also DO NOT specifically send in Kernel Mode commands to damage your Trim Area, It should NOT get disturbed.

Therefore, If you are installing this ROM in its Locked Bootloader Mode, You still keep your DRM keys. the TA is NOT Wiped.

Backing up TA comes in handy when you are unlocking your bootloader.
You unlock ur BL, and it erases your TA (sets the bootloader unlock flag to 1 )
Now imagine you brick your device. And you take it to the service center. They will say that your device has been bricked as a consequence of your own actions. That you probably sent some bad commands from the kernel mode and it hard bricked your device.
So, what you do is, you meet me . and I tell you to restore your TA to what it was originally ( with its BL unlock flag set to 0 ), basically, Locking back your BL and Flash stock FTF and take it back to the service center.
This time, they wont come to know that you had R*ped your device and you manage to obtain a get out of jail free card :P

SO, all in all, the answer to your question is if you do not Unlock ur Bootloader, it does not erase your TA. SO, if you flash back stock FTF, it shall work as if it is new from the factory.
ALSO, since developers love playing around with Build.prop file, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you DO NOT use "SYSTEM" updates OFF the Sony update manager while you are using this ROM. you can, however do App updates

Man i love you xD okay I am going to install the rom,just can you give me the link coz i dont see the link for 3.5.5 o.O just the link for OTA not the normal for zip,should i install first 3.0 and the ota to 3.5.5 ?
30th March 2015, 05:12 PM |#3656  
Flag Pune

20 posts
More
Quote:

Man i love you xD okay I am going to install the rom,just can you give me the link coz i dont see the link for 3.5.5 o.O just the link for OTA not the normal for zip,should i install first 3.0 and the ota to 3.5.5 ?

AHHHHHH. i would have sent some angry comment, but i'm too drunk :P

The OP might be a bit confusing for you. So, here are the 2 links for the 3.5.0 zip

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9g...mate_3.5.0.zip

Mega: https://mega.co.nz/#!MBFBHZKQ!9s9Hfp...4PmHAcy2o2wKAI

do a clean 3.5.0 install and then flash the 3.5.5 over it

(psst. keep a Nandroid backup of your original ROM intact if this does not work)
(psst. psst 2. keep a FTF handy if all hell breaks loose)
(psst psst 3. First use CWM to install it. Because i had problems installing it with TWRP on MY phone )
Last edited by jaideep1in; 30th March 2015 at 05:16 PM.
30th March 2015, 05:27 PM |#3657  
Flag Hagen

50 posts
More
Quote:

AHHHHHH. i would have sent some angry comment, but i'm too drunk :P

The OP might be a bit confusing for you. So, here are the 2 links for the 3.5.0 zip

Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/download/9g...mate_3.5.0.zip

Mega: https://mega.co.nz/#!MBFBHZKQ!9s9Hfp...4PmHAcy2o2wKAI

do a clean 3.5.0 install and then flash the 3.5.5 over it

(psst. keep a Nandroid backup of your original ROM intact if this does not work)
(psst. psst 2. keep a FTF handy if all hell breaks loose)
(psst psst 3. First use CWM to install it. Because i had problems installing it with TWRP on MY phone )

haha i will do a backup,and i have allready a ftf prepared ...i just istalled the revoery with CWM,TWRP,and Philz Touch..but okay i will switch to CWM when i start installing thanks fot the tipps
31st March 2015, 10:03 AM |#3658  
Thanks Meter: 373

880 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

I guess you won't be able to restore the TA after hardbricking your phone. I think the only way you could restore the TA after a hard brick would be unbricking the phone first.
I don't know much about the test point but I guess you could unbrick your phone like this user here in Z1: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682255

Quote:

You CAN update using the sony updater (SUS)... The only thing is you shall LOSE your ROOT once you update ( i am talking about SYSTEM Updates )

I'm not sure but if I remember right SUS doesn't work anymore?

Quote:

3) If your BL is Unlocked, Just install a kernel that supports Undervolting . Undervolting and or Underclocking increases the battery Life.

Right but it can cause also stability issues and damage hardware.

Quote:

and 4) as i have said above, if ever, you choose to RESTORE your Trim area, just restore it and flash the latest FTF ( do not exclude anything in Flashtool)

I just want something to add: Never restore a foreign TA-Backup It will cause a hardbrick.
The Following User Says Thank You to gripfly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st March 2015, 12:06 PM |#3659  
Flag Pune

20 posts
More
1) lets say he somehow manages to damage the camera. Lets say he somehow manages to kill his battery. Bricking is a term I dont confer to only the ram, motherboard, processors or the eeproms. there are speakers, the waterproofing system...yada yada.
2)SUS refers to whatever is available now man, the inbuilt updater. SUS/ PC companion... whatever. you know :P
3)Thats why i said read up extensively on those 2 topics. No body is dumb enough to start fiddling around in unknown areas :P
4)foreign TA- Backup??? u mean some one else's TA backup? If thats the case, i agree
31st March 2015, 04:30 PM |#3660  
Thanks Meter: 373

880 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

1) lets say he somehow manages to damage the camera. Lets say he somehow manages to kill his battery. Bricking is a term I dont confer to only the ram, motherboard, processors or the eeproms. there are speakers, the waterproofing system...yada yada.
2)SUS refers to whatever is available now man, the inbuilt updater. SUS/ PC companion... whatever. you know [emoji14]
3)Thats why i said read up extensively on those 2 topics. No body is dumb enough to start fiddling around in unknown areas [emoji14]
4)foreign TA- Backup??? u mean some one else's TA backup? If thats the case, i agree

1) That would be rather called a damage or malfunction but not really a brick. Wikipedia describes really good what a brick is:
"The word "brick", when used in reference to consumer electronics, describes an electronic device such as a smart phone, game console, router, or tablet computer that, due to a serious misconfiguration, corrupted firmware, or a hardware problem, can no longer function, hence, is as useful as a "brick"."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brick_%28electronics%29

Btw.: Yes, I saw the bold I. But you can't write something how you look at it instead what already has a "clear" definition. (What a bad sentence.. don't know how to write it in a better way but I hope you get what I mean )

2) Ah I see. Ok yeah you tought like this. I make a clearly differences between these programs even if they do the same. A while ago I've tried SUS (SonyUpdateService) and it didn't worked anymore. That's why I wrote this.

3) You just wrote the good things and I wanted to add this to your post. I have nothing to complain about your post

4) Exactly. it must not only be the ta of another device. That's what I wanted to say.

Btw. Let's stop here before it ends in a discussion which would be off topic
Last edited by gripfly; 31st March 2015 at 04:41 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to gripfly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread