[ROOT][Z] How-to for rooting newest firmware 10.3.1.A.0.244/2.67

Search This thread

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
[ info ]

So guys I have got root on the newest firmware 10.3.1.A.0.244 / 10.3.1.A.2.67!

Since Sony has patched our beloved perf_event exploit (with which we rooted 30+ Xperia devices) I had to find an alternate way... so I did the smart thing, just used the kernel on which the exploit works, root the device and flash back the newest kernel!

THIS WORKS ON BOTH LOCKED & UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS!

[ proof ]

BUpM-H1CEAENvax.png:small

[ NOTICE ]

THIS IS ONLY FOR THE XPERIA Z (C6602/3) FW 10.3.1.A.0.244 / 10.3.1.A.2.67!

DO NOT USE IT ON ANY OTHER VARIANT/FIRMWARE!

[ sources & additional info on exploit ]

check out this thread

[ how-to ]

1. Download the three files from the download section below
  2. open FlashTool and flash the XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.A.0.423_Generic_NL.ftf - 7.12 MB file, this is JUST the kernel of an older firmware which was rootable
  3. now once flashing is done reboot device and connect to PC in usb debuggin mode
  4. CLOSE FLASHTOOL <<< VVVIMP STEP
  5. extract the file DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.zip to root directory on c:\
  6. execute runme_ file corresponding to your OS on desktop PC, this will execute a SPECIAL version of my easy rooting toolkit <<< VVVIMP STEP
  7. the above step is crucial! if you use any older version of the toolkit then IT WILL NOT WORK!
  8. after rooting is over the device will restart
  9. you can verify if device is rooted by checking for SuperSU app (it is the newest version)
  10. once thats done now power down device and open FlashTool again
  11. now flash :
    XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.1.A.2.67.ftf - 7.17 MB
    OR
    XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.1.A.0.244_BE.ftf - 7.17 MB
    file to get back to the true kernel for the firmware you were currently on
  12. thats it after flashing is done just disconnect and power on device and enjoy rooted phone!

If you are facing issue of device rebooting when remounting /system partition then checkout the fix posted by @[NUT]

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

OR

you can buy one of my awesome apps from Play Store!

PLEASE DO CONSIDER DONATING AS I AM RAISING FUNDS TO BUY A NEW DEVICE the Xperia Z1 (Honami)

[ downloads ]

PLEASE DO NOT MIRROR MY FILES!

1. XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.A.0.423_Generic_NL.ftf - 7.12 MB

2. DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v18_perf-event-exploit.zip - 2.96 MB

3. XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.1.A.2.67.ftf - 7.17 MB
    OR
    XperiaZ_C660X_KernelOnly_10.3.1.A.0.244_BE.ftf - 7.17 MB

P.S.: similar instructions will work for the Xperia ZL/ZR but you will need to use the corresponding kernels ONLY for that device!

regards,

DooMLoRD

Last edited:

Damin777

Apr 19, 2009
@ Doom If Bootloader unlock allowed says No

is that it no fixing that ..no installing CWM on the phone ... just when im at my laptop to use the cwm-locked-bl file ?

Reactions: by_crazyriver

Dsteppa

May 7, 2012
i havent updated kernel to support the new firmware

I see thanks, could you please update the First post in the DoomKernel topic so that people won't go complaining that the kernel doesn't work with the new fw.
The kernel worked fine v.09 with .244, but the only thing that didn't work (at first glance) was the wifi module

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
[ info ]
Since Sony has patched our beloved perf_event exploit (with which we rooted 30+ Xperia devices) I had to find an alternate way... so I did the smart thing, just used the kernel on which the exploit works, root the device and flash back the newest kernel!
Is there a valid reason for the patch or is this what Sony considers to be supporting the development community?

...Sent from Zed

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
Is there a valid reason for the patch or is this what Sony considers to be supporting the development community?

...Sent from Zed

consider this... we are using the exploit for rooting... some malicious people can mobile this exploit as an app which once installed will be able to gain complete control of your system, wipe data, read private files, etc..

now tell me if this is valid reason or not :p

Top Liked Posts