Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,975 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[STOCK ROM] [LB/UB] KitKat 230 NCBv2 pre-rooted with recovery and optional sdcard fix

Tip us?

timchew
Old
Thanks Meter 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy01 View Post
I'm confused to the advice your giving. The stripped ftf is not just the kernel in fact it's everything apart from system as that's the zip.

All other roms ported this way are also the same.

Best regards

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
This rom doesn't include the stock kernel and hence you need to flash the stock kernel after flashing the rom or else phone won't start. Don't exclude anything and don't wipe anything and flash the ftf.

Roms by rajvee and niaboc have the kernel included. Hence, you can reboot after flashing the rom, and supersu zip for the case of rajvee's rom. Niaboc's rom has supersu included.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to timchew For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rajeev
Old
Thanks Meter 7345

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by timchew View Post
This rom doesn't include the stock kernel and hence you need to flash the stock kernel after flashing the rom or else phone won't start. Don't exclude anything and don't wipe anything and flash the ftf.

Roms by rajvee and niaboc have the kernel included. Hence, you can reboot after flashing the rom, and supersu zip for the case of rajvee's rom. Niaboc's rom has supersu included.

Kindly Spell My Sexy Name As Rajeev
If You Like My Work Please Consider A Small Donation

For Donating Click Below

Please Do The Following:
Sign In To Your PayPal Account Page
Go To 'Send Payment'
Enter My Email ID "dipesh.febrius@gmail.com"
Option "Personal Payment" Doesn't Work For India, So Kindly Set "Online Purchases". And Check Goods or Service (Preferably Service)
Make The Payment of The Desired Amount of Donation You Want To Send.
Thank You For Your Kind Donations!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rajeev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zippy01
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by timchew View Post

The rom does include the stock kernel

Sign up for copy with this link, and we'll both get 5 GB of free cloud storage in addition to the usual 15 GB: https://copy.com?r=00cp1J

I've started using PasswordBox to store all my passwords. It's pretty great. You should check it out: http://j.pbox.io/xgKE23VI?s=tw

Swilly
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy01 View Post
The rom does include the stock kernel

Hiya,

I'm trying to get all the info to be able to get my wifes Xperia Z to 4.4.2 rooted.
From what I can understand, and I'm not a noob here but not my phone and only just started looking at what is needed (she hates the new 4.4.2 with SD card problem !!)
a) Flash stock 4.2.2 ftf using sony flashtool
b) Root using DoomLord Easy rooting toolkit v17
c) Install pre-rooted 4.4.2 off this link.

I presume from reading some bits on here, if I install the V3 with SD Card I dont need to install anything else ??

Second problem, I am having an issue getting the zip file out of the torrent file, it is always showing as damaged. Can anyone put a copy of dropbox for me ??

Thanks

Swilly
Click thanks if I helped

Hardware: Moto RAZRi
Baseband: SUNRISE_SMB_REV30_V2_R3_ENZO_1251.B_SEC
Rom: KTR 1-11
Kernel: Omar 3.0.101
Launcher: Nova

Use DropBox to upload pictures/apps etc (and we both get 250mb extra space)!

Gio_ital
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilly View Post
Hiya,

I'm trying to get all the info to be able to get my wifes Xperia Z to 4.4.2 rooted.
From what I can understand, and I'm not a noob here but not my phone and only just started looking at what is needed (she hates the new 4.4.2 with SD card problem !!)
a) Flash stock 4.2.2 ftf using sony flashtool
b) Root using DoomLord Easy rooting toolkit v17
c) Install pre-rooted 4.4.2 off this link.

I presume from reading some bits on here, if I install the V3 with SD Card I dont need to install anything else ??

Second problem, I am having an issue getting the zip file out of the torrent file, it is always showing as damaged. Can anyone put a copy of dropbox for me ??

Thanks

Swilly
No need to downgrade anymore in order to get root. There is a new method to get root access on 4.4.2 stock rom.
See here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783863

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio_ital For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

superlantern
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Anyone know a work around the voice text word correction force close?