[STOCK][C6603][4.3] Update to 10.4.1.B.0.101 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

[NUT]

attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!

How to update to 10.4.1.B.0.101:
  1. Files:Save them somewhere you remember;
  2. Put 'C66XX_10.4.1.B.0.101.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
  3. Put 'C66XX_10.4.1.B.0.101_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
  4. Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
  5. Flash 'C66XX_10.4.1.B.0.101.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
    NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
  6. Flash everything in 'C66XX_10.4.1.B.0.101_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
  7. Reboot to system.

The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.

Enjoy! :laugh:

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
  • Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
  • Root it using any means you are familiar with.
  • Install XZDualRecovery;
  • Update to 10.4.B.0.569;
  • Then try to update again using TWRP.
  • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
    NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

[NUT]

Tips and Tricks

Easy switching between locked and unlocked bootloader states!
NOTE: USE TWRP ONLY for this guide.
NOTE 2: You NEED to have XZDualRecovery 2.7.43 or higher to make this work.
  • Create a backup, including the Trim Area (TA!)
  • Unlock your bootloader
  • Restore backup without TA
  • Create a new backup of your UNLOCKED TA
  • Restore the previous TA backup to relock your phone.

Done :good:

Now you can switch between locked and unlocked bootloaders quick and painless: no more system wipes and you can basically do whatever you want :D

How to enable init.d support:
Open a filemanager app and navigate to the location where the XZDualRecovery folder is located and go in to it. Open XZDR.prop as a text file and set dr.initd.active to true.

NOTE: For this guide ROM it means the init.d script called 99SuperSUDaemon will kick in to action, so it's best to disable (by setting chmod 644) /system/etc/install-recovery.sh for the time being or to clear it's contents.

Done :)

Last edited:

salda

Jul 16, 2012
Please link other server (Mega)

Enviado desde mi C6603 mediante Tapatalk

quangnv

May 28, 2009
I dont have an external SD card so can I put the flashable.zip file on the internal SD card to upgrade?
Thanks!
---
Nevermind, the phone has been upgraded successful, the room is smooth

Last edited:
Reactions: [NUT]
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Requirements:

Special features:

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!

How to update to 10.4.1.B.0.101:
    1. Files:Save them somewhere you remember;
    2. Put 'C66XX_10.4.1.B.0.101.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
    3. Put 'C66XX_10.4.1.B.0.101_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
    4. Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
    5. Flash 'C66XX_10.4.1.B.0.101.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
      NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
    6. Flash everything in 'C66XX_10.4.1.B.0.101_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
    7. Reboot to system.

The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.

Enjoy! :laugh:

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
    Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
    Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
    • Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
    • Root it using any means you are familiar with.
    • Install XZDualRecovery;
    • Update to 10.4.B.0.569;
    • Then try to update again using TWRP.
    • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
      NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.

Thank you :)
    Tips and Tricks

Easy switching between locked and unlocked bootloader states!
    NOTE: USE TWRP ONLY for this guide.
    NOTE 2: You NEED to have XZDualRecovery 2.7.43 or higher to make this work.
    • Create a backup, including the Trim Area (TA!)
    • Unlock your bootloader
    • Restore backup without TA
    • Create a new backup of your UNLOCKED TA
    • Restore the previous TA backup to relock your phone.

Done :good:

Now you can switch between locked and unlocked bootloaders quick and painless: no more system wipes and you can basically do whatever you want :D

How to enable init.d support:
    Open a filemanager app and navigate to the location where the XZDualRecovery folder is located and go in to it. Open XZDR.prop as a text file and set dr.initd.active to true.

NOTE: For this guide ROM it means the init.d script called 99SuperSUDaemon will kick in to action, so it's best to disable (by setting chmod 644) /system/etc/install-recovery.sh for the time being or to clear it's contents.

Done :)
    My 'real' life is a bit busy at the moment, I'll do it as soon as I can!
    By the way guys... The triangle screen can happen when the phone decides it's time to scan and check your internal memory partitions.

When it's scanning system it will be done fairly quick (upwards to a few minutes at most), when scanning cache or apps_log (/mnt/idd) it will be done even faster (literally seconds up to half a minute).

When it decides userdata is up for checking, it will take anywhere from 2 to 60 minutes(!) to finish, depending on how many files you have on that partition, which includes internal storage.

When you see it, you'll start ****ting bricks, but really: you should be starting to **** bricks when you force-reboot it while at this screen, because if you interrupt it while it was busy repairing anything, you can do some serious damage with bootloops or loss of data as a result.

DO NOT TOUCH THE PHONE WHILE ON THIS TRIANGLE SCREEN!!

Hook up the charger and let it do it's thing, it will boot when it's done.
    And this one too... just to be sure.