Thanks Meter 4256
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cyberspace and the Universe
DONATE TO ME
[STOCK][C6603][4.3] Update to 10.4.1.B.0.101 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB]
In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice
, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.
If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!
How to update to 10.4.1.B.0.101:
- Files:Save them somewhere you remember;
- Put 'C66XX_10.4.1.B.0.101.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
- Put 'C66XX_10.4.1.B.0.101_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
- Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
- Flash 'C66XX_10.4.1.B.0.101.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
- Flash everything in 'C66XX_10.4.1.B.0.101_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
- Reboot to system.
The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.
Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool
as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma
compression applets XZDualRecovery depends
on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.
How to report errors:
Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!
" or "I lost root!
" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!
" try the following:
- Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
- Root it using any means you are familiar with.
- Install XZDualRecovery;
- Update to 10.4.B.0.569;
- Then try to update again using TWRP.
- If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.