5,606,530 Members 34,641 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[STOCK][C6603][4.3] Update to 10.4.B.0.569 [Root & XZDualRecovery][DE-/ODEX]

Tip us?

[NUT]
Old
(Last edited by [NUT]; 13th December 2013 at 11:37 PM.) Reason: Added deodex zip
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4307

DONATE TO ME
Cool [STOCK][C6603][4.3] Update to 10.4.B.0.569 [Root & XZDualRecovery][DE-/ODEX]

Requirements:
Special features:
The C6603 ROM is based on the FTF provided by @Androxyde in this thread. Thanks dude

In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.

C6603: How to update to 10.4.B.0.569:
  1. For C6603: Download C6603.flashable.10.4.B.0.569.zip (Bittorrent: 754MB), SuperSU_fix.zip (1.1Mb) and C6603_10.4.B.0.569_Stripped.ftf (18MB), save it somewhere you remember;
  2. Put 'C6603.flashable.10.4.B.0.569.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
  3. Put 'C6603_10.4.B.0.569_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
  4. Create a backup of your phone in CWM or TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard0';
  5. Flash 'C6603.flashable.10.4.B.0.569.zip' in TWRP, after flashing the ROM also flash 'SuperSU_fix.zip',
    do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
  6. Flash everything in 'C6603_10.4.B.0.569_Stripped.ftf';
  7. Reboot to system without clearing (dalvik-/)cache.

The first boot will be considerably slower and after a long wait at the boot animation you will see Android optimizing the apps on your phone.

I have done this myself, using this method and I have not found any problem yet, again!

Enjoy!

DE-ODEX your ROM! (Read the NOTE below this guide before flashing!)
  1. Make sure you have the flashable ROM installed before you do this.
  2. Download deodex.10.4.B.0.569.zip (Bittorrent: 370MB), save it somewhere you remember;
  3. Put 'deodex.10.4.B.0.569.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
  4. Create a backup of your phone in CWM or TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard0';
  5. Flash 'deodex.10.4.B.0.569.zip' in recovery, do not reboot but go back to the main menu;
  6. Clear dalvik-cache ONLY;
  7. Reboot to system.

The first boot after flashing this you will see Android optimizing the apps on your phone, this might take a while... but should be just fine

NOTE: There are some issues with the deodexed ROM, it sometimes causes a FC, specifically if you go to keyboard & language settings through the settings app. I'm not able to find why it does this but my guess is that it's a bug in the Sony ROM that surfaces with deodexing it... There is a work around for this one though: Open any keyboard driven app (text editing/entering box), tap '12!?' and then tap the tools button on the right of the space bar. This will take you to the app to modify your keyboard settings.

Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.

How to report errors:
Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
  • Restore a /system ONLY using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
  • Root it using [Z][ROOT] DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit.
  • Install XZDualRecovery and then try to update again using TWRP. This time you can skip the FTF as it has already done it's job.
  • If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
    NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /tmp/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Android-4.3-Jelly-Bean-2.jpg
Views:	379594
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	2449249  

My devices:
Daily driver: Xperia Z (C6603)
Development Phones: Xperia T (LT30p), Xperia Z1 (C6903) Thanks to the XDA community!
Backup: Xperia Arc (LT15i)

My work for the community on XDA:
XZDualRecovery ~ Z1/ZU/Z/ZL DISASTER RECOVERY ~ [DYI Guide]Create a personalized ROM yourself! ~ The definitive root Remount-Reboot fix!

Update your Z1 to KK4.4.2!

My file hosting: http://nut.xperia-files.com/ ~ Please do not mirror my files!
The Following 100 Users Say Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jimRnor
Old
Thanks Meter 947

DONATE TO ME
Good shot man thank you
Tested and no bug at the moment

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Device: SONY Xperia Z(SO-02E) rooted n locked bootloader
Yuga Konomi PrototypeZ ROM

If you appreciated my works you can buy me a coke or a coffee to let me continue my works
The Following User Says Thank You to jimRnor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slimldj
Old
Thanks Meter 375
if im getting this well, i am on a stock ROM of 4.2.2 (.67)running dual recovery as well.

I wont need to wipe or anything, i should just install this over it??
Sony Xperia Z1 Honami
ROM: iHackers
KERNEL: Stock

Groovecain
Old
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
i'm to fast , downloading (85%) the original ftf packaged from androxyde , gonna try this later thanks man
<< Awesome

SONY 'AWESOME' XPERIA Z C6603
- Un-Locked , TWRP Recovery ,Deodexed Stock .422 , PureXAudio Nightly Latest PAC with MEOW Kernel ,

Re-Locked Bootloader with 10.4.B.0.569 , 20GB on COPY https://copy.com?r=sftgGk

totzkitotz
Old
Thanks Meter 101
A big Thanks for this Sir @Nut...

still waiting for the downloaded fw of 4.3 for my Z to test this..thanks again Sir

[NUT]
Old
Thanks Meter 4307

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimldj View Post
if im getting this well, i am on a stock ROM of 4.2.2 (.67)running dual recovery as well.

I wont need to wipe or anything, i should just install this over it??
Correct

My devices:
Development Phones: Xperia T (LT30p), Xperia Z1 (C6903) Thanks to the XDA community!

XZDualRecovery ~ Z1/ZU/Z/ZL DISASTER RECOVERY ~ [DYI Guide]Create a personalized ROM yourself! ~ The definitive root Remount-Reboot fix!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thaikhang91
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Thanks you very much.
The Following User Says Thank You to thaikhang91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

[NUT]
Old
Thanks Meter 4307

DONATE TO ME
Added the deodex package to the OP.

Have fun modding JB 4.3 folks

My devices:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to [NUT] For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slimldj
Old
Thanks Meter 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT] View Post
Correct
I did it. After flashing the ftf file with flashmode, I rebooted and it came out with a triangle and a progress bar at the bottom. At first I tot something had gone wrong but that was just the phone actually updating to the new FW.

Thanks for this NUT. Hopefully we'll see more of your work like this for future released FW's.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
Sony Xperia Z1 Honami
ROM: iHackers
KERNEL: Stock

zyclops1
Old
Thanks Meter 123
HELP!!!! Flash Tool not recognizing my Z green bulb flash ones :/
Phones:
Sony Ericsson Arc S
Sony Xperia SL
Samsung Galaxy Siii
Sony Xperia Z
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Xperia Z1

Tablet:
Sony Xperia Tablet S

I Don't Need Your Donations,Go Buy Something For Your Children
AKA ©Weird Frenchy

Feel free to press THANKS button if you find my posts helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to zyclops1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
recovery, root, stock, update, xzdualrecovery