Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,708 Members 52,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tutorial] Xperia Z & ZL Bootloader Unlocking/Relocking

Tip us?

m00moo
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker.jp View Post
i was told you can pay a fee of about 3000yen to get the phone unlocked so you can use with other carrier.
or was it just to unlock something else?
Sim unlock does not mean bootloader unlock. After sim unlock, bootloader does NOT change.

Please donate if you like my work~!
Thankyou

E43JAP
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Default Re: [Tutorial] Xperia Z & ZL Bootloader Unlocking

Quote:
i was told you can pay a fee of about 3000yen to get the phone unlocked so you can use with other carrier.
or was it just to unlock something else?
If you are in Japan, the only other carrier you can use is Softbank, So, unless you are going to pay for cancellation + full price for the phone, why waste 3,150 yen.

Unless you plan to use it in another country.....

DoCoMo SC-02C {i9100} Lot 2/
P.A.C. ROM v19.9.1 {2/14}/
Siyah s2 v6.0b5+ {2/19}/
SimmoF A.R.P. Tweaker {2/04}

stryker.jp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i am currently on softbank, but i'm thinking of going over to docomo for xperia z.
but now it seems it cannot be rooted!!

E43JAP
Old
(Last edited by E43JAP; 21st February 2013 at 08:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33

Quote:
i am currently on softbank, but i'm thinking of going over to docomo for xperia z.
You might be able to 'root', but I can't say anything about flashing ROMs.
That's why I stick with Samsung while I am in Japan.
Or maybe even LG.
I have heard negative feedback about the PRADA phone, but when I was trying it out, seemed like a good phone to me. Fast, responsive and not really any lagginess. Was actually kind of impressed.

Being a DoCoMo user for about 18 years or so, foreign cell phone makers are the best you can buy.
Considering rooting capability and flashability. (Customization)
Was hoping for good news from the Sony lineup, but loenbehold, everything is locked down tighter than Alcatraz.
Let me stop here or I will be going on for about 130 pages or so. LOL

Siyah v6.0b5+ {2/18}/
SimmoF A.R.P.. {2/04}

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote:
If you pay your cancellation fee and whatnot, and you MNP to DoCoMo during one of the 'campaigns' you can get the ExperiaZ for FREE. And maybe even with a discount from the monthly fee, pending upon what plan you sign up with.

If you are in the Tokyo area, I DO have a connection you can go through that won't charge you extra for the store plans that DoCoMo will make you sign up for when you buy a phone from them.

Anyone interested, just PM me.

Siyah v6.0b5+ {2/18}/
SimmoF A.R.P.. {2/04}

Flashben
Old
Thanks Meter 23

If I just want to gain root access to be able to use some app that requires root and won't change Roms, will I lost the basic apps function or BE?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

schaggo
Old
Thanks Meter 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by E43JAP View Post
Get a Samsung for free on contract and sell if afterwards on the internet or so. With the money get yourself a "free" Xperia Z. Easy.
PS: Your signature is annoying as it's not part of the "signature". Get's included in every quote. I suggest you put that information in your actual signature, that way it stays up to date as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashben View Post
If I just want to gain root access to be able to use some app that requires root and won't change Roms, will I lost the basic apps function or BE?
No, only unlocking the bootloader will erase/disable certain things (to an unknown/unconfirmed extent), rooting does not. Root is AFAIK not possible yet without unlocking though. You'll have to wait for that to be achieved.
Current: Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact (D5503) unlocked, rooted stock 4.4.4 | Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T) locked, rooted stock 4.3
Deprecated: Sony XPERIA Z, Sony XPERIA T, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC DesireZ, HTC 7, Nokia N900, HTC Magic, HTC Touch Pro, SonyEricsson XPERIA X1, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Canary (Orange SPV) et al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland Johnson View Post
It is clear that this phone has an awful lot more artificial intelligence than some of its owners.

GiGi.
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Works perfectly fine, thanks very much!

E43JAP
Old
(Last edited by E43JAP; 21st February 2013 at 03:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33

Deleted

stryker.jp
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by E43JAP View Post
You might be able to 'root', but I can't say anything about flashing ROMs.
Or maybe even LG.
I have heard negative feedback about the PRADA phone, but when I was trying it out, seemed like a good phone to me. Fast, responsive and not really any lagginess. Was actually kind of impressed.

Being a DoCoMo user for about 18 years or so, foreign cell phone makers are the best you can buy.
Considering rooting capability and flashability. (Customization)
Was hoping for good news from the Sony lineup, but loenbehold, everything is locked down tighter than Alcatraz.
Let me stop here or I will be going on for about 130 pages or so. LOL

Siyah v6.0b5+ {2/18}/
SimmoF A.R.P.. {2/04}

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

If you pay your cancellation fee and whatnot, and you MNP to DoCoMo during one of the 'campaigns' you can get the ExperiaZ for FREE. And maybe even with a discount from the monthly fee, pending upon what plan you sign up with.

If you are in the Tokyo area, I DO have a connection you can go through that won't charge you extra for the store plans that DoCoMo will make you sign up for when you buy a phone from them.

Anyone interested, just PM me.

Siyah v6.0b5+ {2/18}/
SimmoF A.R.P.. {2/04}

thank you for your detailed explaination.
now i'm not so keen to buy the XZ, since it will never be unlocked...
what should i do...
Sony Xperia Z (SO-E02)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) on SuperNexus 2.0!!

E43JAP
Old
Thanks Meter 33

Quote:
thank you for your detailed explaination.
now i'm not so keen to buy the XZ, since it will never be unlocked...
what should i do...
Don't get me wrong, the device itself is a good machine. If you get a chance, go to a DoCoMo shop near you, they should have a demo model you can mess around with, well at least most of them do anyway. Feels good in hand, sturdy, doesn't feel 'cheap', great display, but I don't know of you will be able to get a custom rom on it any time soon, if that is what you are looking to do eventually. I'm sure someone here on xda will be able to 'hack' it fairly soon, lot of great people here in this community. Never give up hope. Hehe. :thumbup:

Siyah v6.0b5+ {2/18}/
SimmoF A.R.P.. {2/04}