5,605,311 Members 39,096 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.3 vs 4.1.2 photo comparison

Tip us?

fatis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
That's the point!
Today I made a photo in automode. Camera set landscape, iso 40 and photo was great. Conditions was great. So in goot condition we can trust automode but when conditions is not good better set manual mode on low iso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doministry View Post
Z camera is really good when you know how to use it..

chefnoob
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by lallolu View Post
I really find it difficult to understand sony. They make good camera hardware that many phone manufacturers put on their phone and get good result whereas sony itself finds it difficult getting it right on their own phones.
Two words... Noob Devs

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Xperia Z, Xperia V, Xperia S, Xperia Neo V...(Yes, I already accepted the fact that Im a Sony fanboi)

chesterr
Old
(Last edited by chesterr; 9th February 2014 at 12:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 51
Well in 4.3 they kinda added an algorithm to smoothen the photos you take, and it wasn't in 4.1.2 or 4.2.2, if you're an unlocked bootloader you'll see much noise in your photos.
I can share some pictures I've taken when I upgraded to 4.3, locked and unlocked bootloader. and it's so clear that the locked bootloader gives good pictures. So I restored my TA partition and relocked my bootloader.
TBH I think they messed up the superior auto really bad.

Edit: Sorry to spoil the thread but wanted to share my idea on this matter. as you can see I set iso-400 and flash was not used in this comparison,
Share your thoughts on this. and this is just 4.3 locked and unlocked bootloaders. http://www.flickr.com/photos/1157659...7640510497113/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chesterr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fatis
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Hard to explain why loader is connected with camera ?? I dont understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterr View Post
Well in 4.3 they kinda added an algorithm to smoothen the photos you take, and it wasn't in 4.1.2 or 4.2.2, if you're an unlocked bootloader you'll see much noise in your photos.
I can share some pictures I've taken when I upgraded to 4.3, locked and unlocked bootloader. and it's so clear that the locked bootloader gives good pictures. So I restored my TA partition and relocked my bootloader.

Edit: Sorry to spoil the thread but wanted to share my idea on this matter. as you can see I set iso-400 and flash was not used in this comparison,
Share your thoughts on this. and this is just 4.3 locked and unlocked bootloaders. http://www.flickr.com/photos/1157659...7640510497113/

chefnoob
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatis View Post
Hard to explain why loader is connected with camera ?? I dont understand.
Some say its connected to DRM keys.

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app
Xperia Z, Xperia V, Xperia S, Xperia Neo V...(Yes, I already accepted the fact that Im a Sony fanboi)

morning.star
Old
(Last edited by morning.star; 10th February 2014 at 02:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
A few reviews online reckon that algorithms have been improved with 4.3.
Imo, auto is a little better (in good lighting there's less over saturation, less noise) though poor lighting still sucks. In manual mode with iso set as low as possible, in decent conditions, photos turn out quite nice...my biggest issue is the sometimes the same composition taken multiple times doesn't produce consist results. Which means the so called great processor isn't doing a great job.

heorung
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterr View Post

Wow , the differrent is night and day.

fards
Old
(Last edited by fards; 10th February 2014 at 05:05 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 664

DONATE TO ME
I'd have to agree, I've been bouncing backwards and forwards betweeen locked (with TA restored) and unlocked b/l and there is a lot of difference in the quality of the photos taken.

I presume it's the same kind of thing that happened with the z1 on launch?
Quote:
That phones too big!
why?
have you never held anything bigger than 4" in your hand?

Racing and building Human Powered Vehicles.
The Following User Says Thank You to fards For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chesterr
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Here I uploaded some photos of different firmwares SA and Manual mode. locked and unlocked BL.
I did it in my room and extra lighting and flash was not used, but ISO levels were auto in Manual mode.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hhp7cuvy2sr1nhy/8U7gIP9I-v
The Following User Says Thank You to chesterr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davros93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
With 101 better photos than all previous updates

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to davros93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]