Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,296 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.3 vs 4.1.2 photo comparison

Tip us?

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by fards View Post
I'd have to agree, I've been bouncing backwards and forwards betweeen locked (with TA restored) and unlocked b/l and there is a lot of difference in the quality of the photos taken.

I presume it's the same kind of thing that happened with the z1 on launch?
except with the Z1 i believe the camera just completely didn't work anymore lol

ehmjay
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterr View Post
Well in 4.3 they kinda added an algorithm to smoothen the photos you take, and it wasn't in 4.1.2 or 4.2.2, if you're an unlocked bootloader you'll see much noise in your photos.
I can share some pictures I've taken when I upgraded to 4.3, locked and unlocked bootloader. and it's so clear that the locked bootloader gives good pictures. So I restored my TA partition and relocked my bootloader.
TBH I think they messed up the superior auto really bad.

Edit: Sorry to spoil the thread but wanted to share my idea on this matter. as you can see I set iso-400 and flash was not used in this comparison,
Share your thoughts on this. and this is just 4.3 locked and unlocked bootloaders. http://www.flickr.com/photos/1157659...7640510497113/
Nice pics... Ok.. Now i want pizza!!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ehmjay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Duke1337
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolo0 View Post
find the answer,, thanks man !!!
Well, as i see opinions differ. For example my camera has gotten better after placing custom rom over the stock one (downgrd low,root,flash new rom) , the thing is many apps work different ,for example perfectly clear / camera kk are totally different working programs. As much as i can tell xperia z camera is very good ,but not so good in low lighting conditions... perfectly clear is amazing application , too sad they have the wrong button location and impossible to turn off shutter sound (even pro ver.). My suggestion is to test by yourself... i wish to see improvments about the camera for xperia z in the future