FORUMS

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more

The Curious Case Of The Flash Sale

What do the horses in the Xiaomi stable, notably the Mi 3, Mi 4, Redmi 1S, Redmi 2 & Redmi Note … more
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

More 4.4 news

20th February 2014, 11:07 AM |#1  
kingvortex's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,455
 
More
According to Vodafone Australia, testing is "scheduled" for the 4.4 update for our device.
Knowing how long some carriers take with testing and certification, this might not be anything to get excited about, but you never know!

Source via Vodafone Australia.

Edit - Yes, I am aware there is another thread, but posted this up as this is genuinely news and confirmation that Sony are moving forward with KitKat and it would have been buried under the speculation on new features in the other thread regarding Play Poland's announcement.
If a mod wants to close/move it, then that's fair enough.

Last edited by kingvortex; 20th February 2014 at 11:58 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
20th February 2014, 11:14 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag straya kienttt
Thanks Meter: 474
 
More
hmm, but it says 4.3 is still under testing for them, so 4.4 might be further away than it seems?
20th February 2014, 11:20 AM |#3  
kingvortex's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,455
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzy1912

hmm, but it says 4.3 is still under testing for them, so 4.4 might be further away than it seems?

I suppose it depends on whether or not they only test one firmware version at a time (probably).

This is probably more of an indicator that Sony have informed them that the software is due to be delivered to them for certication.

The Following User Says Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 11:31 AM |#4  
jerryhou85's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Shenyang
Thanks Meter: 62
 
Donate to Me
More
Maybe due to Google's push, they will skip 4.3 and jump on 4.4 instead?
20th February 2014, 11:34 AM |#5  
kingvortex's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,455
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryhou85

Maybe due to Google's push, they will skip 4.3 and jump on 4.4 instead?

Vodafone Australia is already on 4.3 (569). They are probably testing 101.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 11:37 AM |#6  
LiveSquare's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 331
 
More
Do we need another 4.4 thread?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
20th February 2014, 11:38 AM |#7  
kingvortex's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,455
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSquare

Do we need another 4.4 thread?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Yes. There is one other thread and any new news would be buried in it.

If you think not, report it and let a moderator decide, then move on.

The Following User Says Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 11:41 AM |#8  
LiveSquare's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 331
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

Yes. There is one other thread and any new news would be buried in it.

If you think not, report it and let a moderator decide, then move on.

Yea, I wish there was a report option in the Tapatalk. Let everyone keep opening one thread per news and flood this forum and make it unless.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
20th February 2014, 11:44 AM |#9  
kingvortex's Avatar
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,455
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSquare

Yea, I wish there was a report option in the Tapatalk. Let everyone keep opening one thread per news and flood this forum and make it unless.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Press the overflow button in the top right, then select 'Web view'.
This will open the thread in your browser where you can report it.
If a moderator decides to close it, then so be it.
Now, if that's everything....... :beer:

The Following User Says Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 11:47 AM |#10  
LiveSquare's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 331
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

Press the overflow button in the top right, then select 'Web view'.
This will open the thread in your browser where you can report it.
If a moderator decides to close it, then so be it.
Now, if that's everything....... :beer:

Done a requested.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to LiveSquare For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes