Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 54,428 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charge Battery faster - Snapdragon Quick Charge 1.0

Tip us?

spyfly
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default Charge Battery faster - Snapdragon Quick Charge 1.0

Hello,

i want to know if our Z supoorts the Quick Charge 1.0 technology. Because I hate it to wait about 3 hours before my Z is full. Actually im using a 2A Charger by Samsung, but it isn't really faster than the orginal charger? Has our phone a Charge Limit at 1.5 A?

spyfly

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk
My Work:

[Apps] Xperia Apps [4.1+]

Device History: Nokia 3110c -> Blackberry Curve 8520 -> Motorola Defy+ -> Xperia SP -> Xperia Z

androidfreak70
Old
Thanks Meter 431

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyfly View Post
Hello,

i want to know if our Z supoorts the Quick Charge 1.0 technology. Because I hate it to wait about 3 hours before my Z is full. Actually im using a 2A Charger by Samsung, but it isn't really faster than the orginal charger? Has our phone a Charge Limit at 1.5 A?

spyfly

If you want something like that so you need custom kernel that support it. But if you fast charge the phone it will fast drain too!
THATS FROM MY XPERIA™ Z
RUNNING ROM
C6602
Android 4.4.4
Stock Omni kernel
Xposed modules

---------------------------------------------------
don't forget hit thanks if helped
-----------------------------------------------------
and ALWAYS QUOTE my posts if you replying to my post!

tOrNadO™
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 870
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyfly View Post
Hello,

spyfly

Use the default or original charger that came with the phone, not samsung's.. Then your phone will charge faster.. Mine takes like 1 and half hr to get to 5-80% and then another hour max to get to 100%.. I have seen the actual time it takes to go to 100%.. Its like 2.15-2.30 hrs.. Its never crossed 2.30 hrs..

"A friend in need is a friend indeed.." So press THANKS if someone helps u. They deserve it..

Akinaro
Old
Thanks Meter 32
using charging dock: from 30% to 100% - 71-75min
using microUSB: from 30% to 100% - 77-80min
using car charger: from 30% to 100% - 75-90min
using my old LG charger: from 30% to 100% - 70-75min

I set low battery power saving in stamina to 30% so i always charge it when it turn off all options. I dont use my phone in this time so screen/wifi is off, I have only one app in white list in stamina mode and LTE/NFC turned on all the time.(stock 4.3 ROM)

so its really weird that you need to wait 3h to charge your phone... maybe something is "sucking" your battery?
Maybe you have low network coverage? and phone use loots of energy to maintain network?