Ask a question

No registration required

Clearing up the display issue of the Xperia Z

OP Riyal

24th February 2013, 06:37 AM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 65

230 posts
More
Yesterday I went to the store again to take a better look at the screen. I had two friends with me, they were standing by my sides and while I was using the phone I asked them both several times how the viewing angles were. Both always said "good, I see everything perfectly".
Viewing angles were indeed iphone-like, much better than on another Xperia Z I tested two days ago, this is strange (though not surprising considering how 50% of users and reviews say the screen is mediocre and another 50% say the screen is great).
24th February 2013, 07:32 AM   |  #142  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,663

15,002 posts
More
Re: Clearing up the display issue of the Xperia Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gore

Yesterday I went to the store again to take a better look at the screen. I had two friends with me, they were standing by my sides and while I was using the phone I asked them both several times how the viewing angles were. Both always said "good, I see everything perfectly".
Viewing angles were indeed iphone-like, much better than on another Xperia Z I tested two days ago, this is strange (though not surprising considering how 50% of users and reviews say the screen is mediocre and another 50% say the screen is great).

So we're gambling now. Some people might get rubbish screens while some will get good ones. That's even worse

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
24th February 2013, 07:37 AM   |  #143  

230 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

So we're gambling now. Some people might get rubbish screens while some will get good ones. That's even worse

Maybe it's a brightness setting thing. To be honest I totally forgot to check it. First XZ was straight out of the box so it had factory brightness setting and yesterday I used a demo unit used before.
24th February 2013, 10:31 AM   |  #144  
Thanks Meter: 23

186 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

I'm still really really unsure about the screen. Can someone with the device make a video or something that actually shows how the screen is? Most videos I've seen are really short and doesn't go into details. It's more like "Hey ho, this is the screen and it's not that good. Bye".

- Film from all angles
- Adjust brightness from min to max etc.
- Show the black levels outside of the gallery (without the bravia engine) from all angles
- Use a good camera

With most new screens today, it looks like the icons/colors are floating on top of the glass (typical AMOLED/HQ LCD IPS screens has this effect). Is it the same with the Z? If so, try to capture this on video/photo.

I do not expect anyone to do this, but it would help a lot of people.

That would be helpful but i think viewing a screen from a screen will still make a difference...So,for those who are interested,i think its best if we take a look at the phone ourselves with our real eyes...:P
24th February 2013, 03:18 PM   |  #145  
Thanks Meter: 24

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gore

When I tested out the sets at the store, the severity of the viewing angle problem varies according to what is being shown on the screen. It seems to be especially bad with content containing a majority of white, and light skin tones.
24th February 2013, 03:34 PM   |  #146  
Thanks Meter: 49

261 posts
Demo set
From all the comments seen, it seems that its the demo sets at the shops that peopl are complaining about. The actual sets that people have bought said that the screen is beautiful. Am i safe to say that?
24th February 2013, 05:14 PM   |  #147  

230 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chong81

When I tested out the sets at the store, the severity of the viewing angle problem varies according to what is being shown on the screen. It seems to be especially bad with content containing a majority of white, and light skin tones.

I checked angles when I was at the homescreens which were the same obviously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finoqq84

From all the comments seen, it seems that its the demo sets at the shops that peopl are complaining about. The actual sets that people have bought said that the screen is beautiful. Am i safe to say that?

Not really.
24th February 2013, 10:16 PM   |  #148  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 30

329 posts
More
look at two xperia s service menu screenshots of the one market:

my friend:
http://files.myopera.com/belek/files...hotservice.png

my:
http://files.myopera.com/belek/files...4-22-06-02.png

what the hell?

mine looks better in photos, videos, android menu etc...

the same issue with xperia z?
24th February 2013, 10:20 PM   |  #149  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,663

15,002 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by belek1979

my friend:

my:

what the hell?

Does he use the same theme as you? (I have no idea if the XS has themes like the Z btw.)
24th February 2013, 10:20 PM   |  #150  
Flag Umeň, Sweden
Thanks Meter: 20

83 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Clearing up the display issue of the Xperia Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by belek1979

my friend:

my:

what the hell?

What exactly are we comparing?

Sent from my MZ601 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread