5,603,981 Members 44,256 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Developers list [expected/rumours/sure]

Tip us?

knightrazor
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Default Re: Developers list [expected/rumours/sure]

I read somewhere before that utacka is gonna get the yuga (now the XZ). He's from PA.

TheHawk002
Old
Thanks Meter 398

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrazor View Post
I read somewhere before that utacka is gonna get the yuga (now the XZ). He's from PA.
Awesome :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-i9100 using Tapatalk 2
Phone details + Other details and threads:

Phone:
Xperia Z (C6603)
(-Samsung Galaxy SII-)
Android ROM:
Rooted Stock [4.3]
(-AOSPA 4.X-)
(-PACman x.x.x - Update: XX [JB 4.2.2]-)
(-Carbon vXX [4.2.2]-)
Kernel:
Sony's stock 3.4 kernel
(-Meow Kernel-)
(-Stock ROMs kernel-)
If you like my work I've done please consider to make a small donation
Bitcoin donations You can use a bitcoin adress or coinbase acc

warfareonly
Old
Thanks Meter 465

I'm probably painting a bullseye on my back by saying this but, I've wandered around the Xperia forums for a little bit and what I've seen is a bit....disheartening.I'm not sure how to say this, but the Note development section has more custom roms than that of the Xperia s and both are a year old now.
Only the nexus pasture seems greener than that of Samsung right now.My question is, will this device have enough support ? AOKP,AOSPA,PACman will be there?
Due to the sheer number users/developers of Samsung devices, roms get built quickly for Samsung devices.Case in point,AOSPA for the Note has already been updated to 3.0 while the Xperia T has still to be updated(no shot at imilka here).The galaxy S still has amazing developer support, even though its old.Will this phone see the same kind of developer support?

If anyone was offended by my question(s),I apologize.I had(and still have) no intention of offending anyone.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

DooMLoRD
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 34250
Quote:
Originally Posted by warfareonly View Post
I'm probably painting a bullseye on my back by saying this but, I've wandered around the Xperia forums for a little bit and what I've seen is a bit....disheartening.I'm not sure how to say this, but the Note development section has more custom roms than that of the Xperia s and both are a year old now.
Only the nexus pasture seems greener than that of Samsung right now.My question is, will this device have enough support ? AOKP,AOSPA,PACman will be there?
Due to the sheer number users/developers of Samsung devices, roms get built quickly for Samsung devices.Case in point,AOSPA for the Note has already been updated to 3.0 while the Xperia T has still to be updated(no shot at imilka here).The galaxy S still has amazing developer support, even though its old.Will this phone see the same kind of developer support?

If anyone was offended by my question(s),I apologize.I had(and still have) no intention of offending anyone.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
this is true... Xperia devices in general do not have a huge user community... the last device which i saw a large community was Xperia X10... most of the Xperia devices are bought by people who dont know much about modding or generally avoid modding...

but a LARGE user community does not mean that developer support is there... already the FreeXperia Team (CyanogenMod device maintainers for Xperia phones) have started work... other developers, including myself, are interested in this device... though the high price of the device is causing the confusion, especially for me since i already have Xperia S & Xperia T...

honestly if u want HUGE user community, lots of developer support u should probably be looking towards any of the Nexus devices... i do not want to dishearten anyone but dont want to give any false hope...
Like my work? Please consider donating via PayPal

Lead Developer of Team UtterChaos & Member of Team ICX

Creator of DooMKernel making those Snapdragons fly higher and faster

Android Devices I use : Sony Xperia Z1, Z, SP, T | WISHLIST: Sony Xperia Z2

Contributions : Generic Android / Xperia X10 / Xperia 2011 devices / Samsung Galaxy S2 / Huawei Ideos X6 / Samsung Galaxy SCL (i9003) / HTC Flyer / Kindle Fire / HTC JetStream / Xperia P, Sola, U / HTC One X / Xperia S / Xperia T, V, TX / Xperia Z, ZL, Tablet Z / Xperia SP / Xperia Z1 / Sony ZU GPe / Xperia Z1 Compact / Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet / Xperia T2 Ultra

My Apps on Google Play Store | Follow me on Twitter!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tha TechnoCrat
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 955

But still xperia devices are irresistible. Do you think Doom Lord?

[/hide]
XDA-It's the Sh*t that I live for

DooMLoRD
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 34250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartiknnn View Post
But still xperia devices are irresistible. Do you think Doom Lord?
thats a matter of personal taste...

but yes i do like the Xperia devices... thats precisely why i have so many of them :P
Like my work? Please consider donating via PayPal

Lead Developer of Team UtterChaos & Member of Team ICX

Creator of DooMKernel making those Snapdragons fly higher and faster

Android Devices I use : Sony Xperia Z1, Z, SP, T | WISHLIST: Sony Xperia Z2

Contributions : Generic Android / Xperia X10 / Xperia 2011 devices / Samsung Galaxy S2 / Huawei Ideos X6 / Samsung Galaxy SCL (i9003) / HTC Flyer / Kindle Fire / HTC JetStream / Xperia P, Sola, U / HTC One X / Xperia S / Xperia T, V, TX / Xperia Z, ZL, Tablet Z / Xperia SP / Xperia Z1 / Sony ZU GPe / Xperia Z1 Compact / Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet / Xperia T2 Ultra

My Apps on Google Play Store | Follow me on Twitter!
The Following User Says Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xL3thalTuRdZz
Old
Thanks Meter 373

I wouldn't call myself a dev, but I will make a stock-based ROM...

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
The Magical Cactus Family Thread
Any problems with me? Write it to /dev/null
Want to see my YouTube Channel?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xL3thalTuRdZz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Droidyou
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I like it that it isn't as big as the htc phones. We dont need 100 stock roms with just one app more or less. A few stock roms is nice, but if you look at popular htc devices they have like 50 stockroms, all the same..
Htc G1 -> Htc Hero -> Htc Sensation -> Htc One X -> Sony Xperia Z
XDA UNIVERSITY

LordManhattan
Old
Thanks Meter 5446
Crap. Now i'll have to buy it.

I don't mind having a few devs and ROM's, but i do care about quality and persistency. As long as Cyanogenmod is in the picture and it's an easy device to work with, then i'm in. I have a Galaxy Note (N7000) now, and it's actually painful to watch Entropy deal with ****ty dev support and resources over at Samsung, and i would like to see him on the other side of the fence actually enjoying himself (eating ice cream and running around) instead of the constant "**** **** **** ****, Exynos ****ty **** sources **** **** Samsung". I hope he gets his hands on an unlocked device in the near future.

I want to live in a world where nothing is broken, god damnit!

I DO NOT RUN A SUPPORT LINE THROUGH PERSONAL MESSAGES,
SO PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT HELP (*COUGH* UNLESS I KNOW YOU *COUGH*).

THANK YOU, AND PLEASE HAVE A COOKIE ON YOUR WAY OUT.

The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidindian
Old
Thanks Meter 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan View Post
Crap. Now i'll have to buy it.

I don't mind having a few devs and ROM's, but i do care about quality and persistency. As long as Cyanogenmod is in the picture and it's an easy device to work with, then i'm in. I have a Galaxy Note (N7000) now, and it's actually painful to watch Entropy deal with ****ty dev support and resources over at Samsung, and i would like to see him on the other side of the fence actually enjoying himself (eating ice cream and running around) instead of the constant "**** **** **** ****, Exynos ****ty **** sources **** **** Samsung". I hope he gets his hands on an unlocked device in the near future.

I want to live in a world where nothing is broken, god damnit!

great to see you here mate!

time to move from our beloved note.. haha! the downs and ups and downs and up it had..