Ask a question

No registration required

Developers list [expected/rumours/sure]

OP varshil

15th February 2013, 05:57 PM   |  #91  
Thanks Meter: 36

109 posts
Re: Developers list [expected/rumours/sure]
I read somewhere before that utacka is gonna get the yuga (now the XZ). He's from PA.
18th February 2013, 09:33 PM   |  #92  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 429

996 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightrazor

I read somewhere before that utacka is gonna get the yuga (now the XZ). He's from PA.

Awesome :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-i9100 using Tapatalk 2
22nd February 2013, 09:26 AM   |  #93  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 468

1,300 posts
More
I'm probably painting a bullseye on my back by saying this but, I've wandered around the Xperia forums for a little bit and what I've seen is a bit....disheartening.I'm not sure how to say this, but the Note development section has more custom roms than that of the Xperia s and both are a year old now.
Only the nexus pasture seems greener than that of Samsung right now.My question is, will this device have enough support ? AOKP,AOSPA,PACman will be there?
Due to the sheer number users/developers of Samsung devices, roms get built quickly for Samsung devices.Case in point,AOSPA for the Note has already been updated to 3.0 while the Xperia T has still to be updated(no shot at imilka here).The galaxy S still has amazing developer support, even though its old.Will this phone see the same kind of developer support?

If anyone was offended by my question(s),I apologize.I had(and still have) no intention of offending anyone.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
22nd February 2013, 10:13 AM   |  #94  
Recognized Developer
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 39,108

13,127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warfareonly

I'm probably painting a bullseye on my back by saying this but, I've wandered around the Xperia forums for a little bit and what I've seen is a bit....disheartening.I'm not sure how to say this, but the Note development section has more custom roms than that of the Xperia s and both are a year old now.
Only the nexus pasture seems greener than that of Samsung right now.My question is, will this device have enough support ? AOKP,AOSPA,PACman will be there?
Due to the sheer number users/developers of Samsung devices, roms get built quickly for Samsung devices.Case in point,AOSPA for the Note has already been updated to 3.0 while the Xperia T has still to be updated(no shot at imilka here).The galaxy S still has amazing developer support, even though its old.Will this phone see the same kind of developer support?

If anyone was offended by my question(s),I apologize.I had(and still have) no intention of offending anyone.
Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

this is true... Xperia devices in general do not have a huge user community... the last device which i saw a large community was Xperia X10... most of the Xperia devices are bought by people who dont know much about modding or generally avoid modding...

but a LARGE user community does not mean that developer support is there... already the FreeXperia Team (CyanogenMod device maintainers for Xperia phones) have started work... other developers, including myself, are interested in this device... though the high price of the device is causing the confusion, especially for me since i already have Xperia S & Xperia T...

honestly if u want HUGE user community, lots of developer support u should probably be looking towards any of the Nexus devices... i do not want to dishearten anyone but dont want to give any false hope...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 07:31 AM   |  #95  
Recognized Contributor
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Likes:XDA,The Weeknd Hates:Haters
Thanks Meter: 973

1,555 posts
More
But still xperia devices are irresistible. Do you think Doom Lord?
24th February 2013, 07:50 AM   |  #96  
Recognized Developer
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 39,108

13,127 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartiknnn

But still xperia devices are irresistible. Do you think Doom Lord?

thats a matter of personal taste...

but yes i do like the Xperia devices... thats precisely why i have so many of them :P
The Following User Says Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 08:12 PM   |  #97  
Flag Blyth
Thanks Meter: 380

2,812 posts
More
I wouldn't call myself a dev, but I will make a stock-based ROM...

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xL3thalTuRdZz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 09:17 PM   |  #98  
Thanks Meter: 76

140 posts
More
I like it that it isn't as big as the htc phones. We dont need 100 stock roms with just one app more or less. A few stock roms is nice, but if you look at popular htc devices they have like 50 stockroms, all the same..
24th February 2013, 10:11 PM   |  #99  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,663

15,002 posts
More
Crap. Now i'll have to buy it.

I don't mind having a few devs and ROM's, but i do care about quality and persistency. As long as Cyanogenmod is in the picture and it's an easy device to work with, then i'm in. I have a Galaxy Note (N7000) now, and it's actually painful to watch Entropy deal with ****ty dev support and resources over at Samsung, and i would like to see him on the other side of the fence actually enjoying himself (eating ice cream and running around) instead of the constant "**** **** **** ****, Exynos ****ty **** sources **** **** Samsung". I hope he gets his hands on an unlocked device in the near future.

I want to live in a world where nothing is broken, god damnit!

The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2013, 09:25 AM   |  #100  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 819

1,810 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

Crap. Now i'll have to buy it.

I don't mind having a few devs and ROM's, but i do care about quality and persistency. As long as Cyanogenmod is in the picture and it's an easy device to work with, then i'm in. I have a Galaxy Note (N7000) now, and it's actually painful to watch Entropy deal with ****ty dev support and resources over at Samsung, and i would like to see him on the other side of the fence actually enjoying himself (eating ice cream and running around) instead of the constant "**** **** **** ****, Exynos ****ty **** sources **** **** Samsung". I hope he gets his hands on an unlocked device in the near future.

I want to live in a world where nothing is broken, god damnit!

great to see you here mate!

time to move from our beloved note.. haha! the downs and ups and downs and up it had..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread