Hey guys, since 4.4.2 has arrived.. I think its fair to create a thread where all of us can report whatever bugs exist in 10.5.A.0.230.. So that Sony can see this and fix them.. Or it might help our devs..
Bugs i found,
1. Wifi gets disabled by itself, a simple reboot solves it though.
2. Small stuttering on the notification bar.
3. RAM leak exists but gets fixed after a reboot(Google's 4.4.2 bug and its fixed in 4.4.3).
4. GPU drivers arent as good as in 4.3..
5. Over time, the fw becomes unstable'ish and shows some lags and apps take some time to open.
6. Sometimes calls won't reach the other side and when it does, the caller(us) wont be able to hear anything from the other side..
7. All 4.4.2 Google's bugs..
If u have any other to add, mention me and i'll add em..
I've found that the mic stops working occasionally and unit needs to be restarted to resolve. However this is hugely annoying as you can't be sure if the video you're just about to record will have any sound or not.
One way I've managed to reproduce this:
In June we received reports highlighting excessive battery drain on devices running Android 4.4.1 or higher - and identified that the root cause was related to the latest version of Google Play Services (4.4.52).
Google released a fix through an update for the Google Play Services app – it has restored battery consumption to normal levels in the following devices: Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet and Xperia ZL2.
For Xperia Z, Xperia ZR, Xperia ZL and Xperia Tablet Z, Sony Mobile is preparing an additional correction, which will be delivered in an upcoming software release - this release is now undergoing final stages of testing and will be available shortly*.
We encourage all users to update the Google Play Services app regularly to ensure normal Android application, service and device functionality.
*All software release dates are dependent on local and operator approval and release times may vary.