Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,261 Members 37,466 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DISCUSSION] Xperia Z 4.4.2 Bugs and Errors..

Tip us?

Pandemic
Old
Thanks Meter 11,598

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilThomas92 View Post
I flashed my xperia z with another country's ROM and the NFC s broken, the phone is unrooted., Please help me!!
Unlocked BL, so no ? then repair your XZ with PC Companion or flash a JB or KK ftf with flashtool !

.. The True Source Of Knowledge Is Experience ..
... My Projects & Work ...

... Latest ...
>> [XZ]MoonWalker SuperB V4 <<
>> [XZL]MoonWalker SuperB V2 <<
-----------------------
||> All My Work <||

CyrilThomas92
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I flashed it with KK and JB

I falshed it with JB and KK, the NFC works when Ive flashed with JZB but doesnt when I flashed it with KK, Sony compamion fails to update my device as my device is imported!! What should I do?

rajmal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bug with microphone - clean stock 230 rom as shipped

I've found that the mic stops working occasionally and unit needs to be restarted to resolve. However this is hugely annoying as you can't be sure if the video you're just about to record will have any sound or not.

One way I've managed to reproduce this:
  • Start recording a video
  • Get someone else to dial your phone (and hang up) to trigger a missed call
  • View the video you were just recording (this will have some sound)
  • Start recording a new video (This will have no sound).
Even the Xperia Diagnostics application doesn't seem to capture any sound at this point. I also don't think that the steps above are the only trigger.

I'm in touch with Sony to try and get this resolved. However at this point, my handset's gone for repair three times and the issue is still there (even after a replacement unit).

Note - this is on a stock 230 firmware, bootloader still locked, and ROM as as shipped from Sony without any extra apps installed or even login with Google account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tOrNadO™ View Post
Hey guys, since 4.4.2 has arrived.. I think its fair to create a thread where all of us can report whatever bugs exist in 10.5.A.0.230.. So that Sony can see this and fix them.. Or it might help our devs..

EDIT:

Bugs i found,

1. Wifi gets disabled by itself, a simple reboot solves it though.
2. Small stuttering on the notification bar.
3. RAM leak exists but gets fixed after a reboot(Google's 4.4.2 bug and its fixed in 4.4.3).
4. GPU drivers arent as good as in 4.3..
5. Over time, the fw becomes unstable'ish and shows some lags and apps take some time to open.
6. Sometimes calls won't reach the other side and when it does, the caller(us) wont be able to hear anything from the other side..
7. All 4.4.2 Google's bugs..

If u have any other to add, mention me and i'll add em..

tOrNadO™
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmal View Post
I've found that the mic stops working occasionally and unit needs to be restarted to resolve. However this is hugely annoying as you can't be sure if the video you're just about to record will have any sound or not.

One way I've managed to reproduce this:
  • Start recording a video
  • Get someone else to dial your phone (and hang up) to trigger a missed call
  • View the video you were just recording (this will have some sound)
  • Start recording a new video (This will have no sound).
Even the Xperia Diagnostics application doesn't seem to capture any sound at this point. I also don't think that the steps above are the only trigger.

I'm in touch with Sony to try and get this resolved. However at this point, my handset's gone for repair three times and the issue is still there (even after a replacement unit).

Note - this is on a stock 230 firmware, bootloader still locked, and ROM as as shipped from Sony without any extra apps installed or even login with Google account.
Thanks for your kind feedback.. I had experienced similar one.. I had recorded a very good performance from a friend of mine with his guitar and after recording, when i played there was no sound.. I was so trolled all day.. Still hpns.. Hate that.. I was so busy i forgot to add it to the OP.. Thanks anyways..

"A friend in need is a friend indeed.." So press THANKS if someone helps u. They deserve it..

Hero2548
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation So Slow

Hi guys,,, after update sony z to 4.4.2 it's started very slow even i didn't install any programs ..... so how can you help me !?
Many thanks

androidfreak70
Old
Thanks Meter 421

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero2548 View Post
Hi guys,,, after update sony z to 4.4.2 it's started very slow even i didn't install any programs ..... so how can you help me !?
Many thanks
That's sony's bug

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with Tapatalk.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Anyone have problem with themes engine?
Sometimes i get that the themes start changing wallpaper only
That happen suddenly and any NEW themes get installed will not work fine
Only reflashing other rom will help. If anyone know any fix without flashing roms tell me please

Xperia™ Z (C6602) with Tapatalk.
THATS FROM MY XPERIA™ Z
RUNNING ROM
C6602
Android 4.4.4
Stock Omni kernel
Xposed modules

---------------------------------------------------
don't forget hit thanks if helped
-----------------------------------------------------
and ALWAYS QUOTE my posts if you replying to my post!

fernando823
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero2548 View Post
Many thanks
Downgrade like I did, and stay in 4.3 until they release a new firmware and someone confirms works fine.

This was written today by Sony:

Quote:
In June we received reports highlighting excessive battery drain on devices running Android 4.4.1 or higher - and identified that the root cause was related to the latest version of Google Play Services (4.4.52).
Google released a fix through an update for the Google Play Services app – it has restored battery consumption to normal levels in the following devices: Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet and Xperia ZL2.
For Xperia Z, Xperia ZR, Xperia ZL and Xperia Tablet Z, Sony Mobile is preparing an additional correction, which will be delivered in an upcoming software release - this release is now undergoing final stages of testing and will be available shortly*.
We encourage all users to update the Google Play Services app regularly to ensure normal Android application, service and device functionality.
*All software release dates are dependent on local and operator approval and release times may vary.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...697685/page/80