5,599,394 Members 38,076 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIRMWARE] C6603 10.4.B.0.569 Commercial&Journalists

Tip us?

meechieballer
Old
Thanks Meter 5
just flashed my phone to this and loving it every bit love the improvements and lost the wifi calling but still good tho thanks! cant wait for the future in store after i get my phone unlocked after i pay my debts off! that means rooting access!!

XperiaZ77
Old
Thanks Meter 1
keyboard and language settings not working and wifi connection lost like a trizzillion times an hour

tg2012
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I'll be able to flash this over from 10.31.E.0.191 correct? I have c6606 and I'm trying to install eXistenZ. I need to change my firmware from 10.31.E.0.191 to this one. I just want to make sure that it can happen without bricking or any errors.
Current Device: Sony Xperia Z
Current Rom: eXistenZ Ultra v 6

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 1445
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg2012 View Post
I'll be able to flash this over from 10.31.E.0.191 correct? I have c6606 and I'm trying to install eXistenZ. I need to change my firmware from 10.31.E.0.191 to this one. I just want to make sure that it can happen without bricking or any errors.
If you flash this, you will lose root and recovery (if you're rooted) and will be unable to root again.
I would check the Existenz installation instructions again if I were you.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kingvortex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tg2012
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Thanks **stops torrent**
Current Device: Sony Xperia Z
Current Rom: eXistenZ Ultra v 6

androidfreak70
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I flashed that by flashtool and my c6602 is now c6603 that its shows in ABOUT PHONE And also when i want to select network mod shows me LTE
THAT'S FROM MY XPERIAz((not waterproof anymore)

kingvortex
Old
(Last edited by kingvortex; 27th March 2014 at 10:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1445
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70 View Post
I flashed that by flashtool and my c6602 is now c6603 that its shows in ABOUT PHONE And also when i want to select network mod shows me LTE
It's only cosmetic. The model shown in 'About Phone' is determined by a value in build.prop.
You also will not be able to use LTE, as the C6602 does not have the necessary hardware.

You should have flashed a C6602 rom, especially if you want to receive updates officially, as you will no longer be able to because of cross flashing a different devices rom.

fedevd
Old
Thanks Meter 1095

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex View Post
It's only cosmetic. The model shown in 'About Phone' is determined by a value in build.prop.
You also will not be able to use LTE, as the C6602 does not have the necessary hardware.

You should have flashed a C6602 rom, especially if you want to receive updates officially, as you will no longer be able to because of cross flashing a different devices rom.

In fact, he will be able and maybe will be available first for C6603 than C6602 (just for hours, not days).. I have my xx02 cross-flashed with xx03 firm and I had OTA and PC Companion firms/apps updates.. If the firm is official you will be able to update it..

Enviado desde mi Xperia Z mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to fedevd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kingvortex
Old
Thanks Meter 1445
Then, I stand corrected. I was under the impression that the partial IMEI was also sent during the update process and would stop a cross flashed device from updating.
Thanks for the clarification.