[GUIDE] How to package and flash stock roms with Flashtool

Search This thread

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Thanks so much, finally got root. Do you know if the dualrecovery allows you to install any custom roms or will it only work for flashing tools, etc?

Having problems trying to find the correct XZdualrecovery for this phone too, it's the Xperia Z (C6603), although I can't seem to find this on the http://nut.xperia-files.com/ site, anyone know which one is for the C6603?
You're welcome.

You need the installer package - XZ-lockeddualrecovery2.7.154-BETA.installer.zip (24.13MB)
You can flash stock based roms such as ExistenZ, MoonWalker etc. Any that say for locked bootloaders.

If you need any more information, you should create a thread in the q&a section as this is going way off topic for this thread. ;)

Sent from my C6603

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
i know how to flash, i mean what about pacman rom it will remove or what will happen?

If you know how to flash ftf's, you will, of course, already be aware that it wipes all traces of previous roms. Just make sure you leave wipe boxes ticked ✅ if coming from an AOSP/CM11 based rom. Otherwise you will have a lot of fc issues

Last edited:

abumaha

Dec 10, 2011
yeah but mines not power on only red or blue light detectet but no debugging on

whats sulotion now pls

This is off topic

ok right now flash ok but red light no dispaly

Hi abumaha,
Sir (or Ma'am - I'm not sure) please respect the forum rules. Kingvortex' guide is a step-bystep guide in how to (1) download, (2) package, and (3) flash stock ROMS using the Sony Flashtool. Your questions are veering way out of topic for this thread. Please make a thread on the Q&A section. There are alot of XDA forumers that would love to help you out.

Hi ALL (specially the mods),
I am not mini-modding. It's just that I went to this thread to learn. I already know how to flash but by reading other forumers question related to the OP. We can learn more. The reason why I posted/replied to abumaha is because - to be honest - it frustrates me to see the topic veering way off. The learning process gets interrupted!!! Ohhh-meee-goodnessss!!

Reactions: Xzborneo87

eL_pELoN

Dec 25, 2014
Flashtool device update.

great guide. I have a simple question about the flashtool devices check update option... I saw 2 japaneses models but the Softbank 401SO is missing on the xperia z3, is there some way to get that model >?? thanks in advance and any help will be really helpful :)

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Might be silly question: why to exclude ta Files? What are they for?
As far as I know, they don't do anything and therefore aren't needed. I've never experienced issues and I never include them in any FTF that I create.

great guide. I have a simple question about the flashtool devices check update option... I saw 2 japaneses models but the Softbank 401SO is missing on the xperia z3, is there some way to get that model >?? thanks in advance and any help will be really helpful :)

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't notice your post before and Tapatalk didn't notify me.
Your best bet is to ask in the Flashtool thread. :)

Sent from my C6603

Last edited:
Reactions: thunder141

gcgspain

Jan 12, 2009
Vigo
Thanks for a great Guide OP, can I add that if you download the ROM using Xperifirm you must delete “fwinfo.xml” otherwise your bundled ftf will be corrupt. It took me a while to find this out after a few flashing erros!!

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Thanks for a great Guide OP, can I add that if you download the ROM using Xperifirm you must delete “fwinfo.xml” otherwise your bundled ftf will be corrupt. It took me a while to find this out after a few flashing erros!!
Apparently, this will be fixed in the next release of Flashtool. That file is to assist in automatically creating a bundle and shouldn't be selected when adding the files in the bundle creation dialogue.

Sent from my C6603

Reactions: gcgspain

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashtool is an extremely useful tool maintained by Androxyde that allows you to download and flash stock roms to your device and more.

I thought it would be a good idea to create a guide showing how to use some of the most useful features of this great tool. It will be focused on the Xperia Z as that's the device I own, but will also apply to other devices compatible with Flashtool. I will add more sections to the guide as I get time to do so.

Contents:

1. Install Flashmode and Fastboot drivers.
    2. Download any firmware customisation and create an FTF.
    3. Flash stock firmware in FTF format to your device.
    4. More coming soon....:)

Requirements:

Windows PC
    Flashtool driver package by DooMLoRD.
    Flashtool by Androxyde.

Part 1.
    Install Flashtool drivers:

1. Run the installer. You will see this screen.
    bSHJS4a.png

Press "Next" to continue.

2. Select Flashmode and Fastboot drivers. These drivers are common drivers for all compatible devices. Also scroll down the list and select Xperia Z drivers (or the relevant drivers for your device). This installs the ADB drivers for your device.
    V0l9rqK.png

Press "Install".

The drivers will now install.

Note: If you're on Windows 8, then try this if you have trouble installing the drivers - Resolving driver installation issues on Windows 8 (thanks to fards)

Part 2.
    How to create an FTF of any firmware customisation version:

Flashtool now integrates the excellent XperiFirm by Iagucool for downloading firmware. This guide has been updated to reflect that.

For the purposes of this guide, I downloaded the Customized NCB firmware version 10.6.A.0.454 for the C6603.

1. Start Flashtool and wait until it finishes syncing devices.
    CtNIcuh.png

2. Click on the XperiFirm icon (highlighted red in image).
    5QLicKz.png

If this is the first time you've done this, Flashtool will download XperiFirm.
    KGLgJOH.png

3. Find Xperia Z (or whichever device you like) on the list and click on it.
    gvmR3k0.png

Select your device variant from the list that expands and click "Check all".
    m6uoDEJ.png

4. Find the firmware version you want in the list, click on it, then click the firmware version you want to download in the list on the right.
    oUwP7qi.png

Press "Download" in the window that appears.
    FxJPzdY.png

5. XperiFirm will download and unpack 5 files.
    7XyhFcb.png

EAcSNYu.png

6. When XperiFirm has finished downloading and unpacking the files, press OK and close XperiFirm.
    EwU5jOg.png

7. Flashtool will automatically create the bundle and will display when it's finished. You can now close Flashtool.

Part 3.
    How to Flash an FTF using Flashtool:

Your bootloader does not need to be unlocked and you do not need root to flash roms in FTF format with Flashtool.

1. Place the FTF you have in C:\Users\your username\.flashtool\firmwares if it isnt there already (if you followed this guide to create an FTF it will be in the correct place already).

2. Start Flashtool and wait until it finishes syncing devices.
    xFrUjp2.png

3. Click on the lightning bolt icon, select Flashmode and press OK.
    aVQiuCO.png

4. Choose the firmware you wish to flash from the list on the left (highlighted red). If you want to keep data and installed apps etc, then uncheck everything in the Wipe section (highlighted green). Conversely, if you want a clean install, check everything in the Wipe section. Make sure nothing is checked in the Exclude section (highlighted blue). Note that if you're flashing over a custom rom or downgrading, then wiping all data is required.

When everything is as it should be, press Flash (highlighted yellow).
    pB8VG9x.png

5. Flashtool will prepare files for flashing.
    3LrMcoj.png

6. This screen will appear:
    6dhgf64.png

Power OFF your device. Connect your USB cable to your PC, then while holding Volume DOWN, connect the other end of the USB cable to your device.

Flashtool will now flash the firmware. When the flashing process starts, you can release the Volume down key.

DO NOT disconnect your device at this point, until it says it's safe to do so. When Flashtool says it has finished, disconnect your device and power it on. You have successfully flashed stock firmware to your device.

Disclaimer:

This guide is provided in good faith and the steps as provided work fine for me. However, I will not accept any responsibility for data loss or possible damage to your device. Following this guide is done at your own risk.

Credits:
    DooMLoRD for the Flashtool driver package.
    Androxyde for Flashtool.
    Iagucool for the XperiFirm firmware downloader used by Flashtool.
    If I've forgotten anyone please let me know and I'll add them. ;)
    Thank you. But how I can backup my ROM and apps and data with this tools? Not from CWM recovery ?
    It's off topic but I'll answer you to not post off topic things here and other threads.
    For apps backup download titanium backup or ultimate backup from Play store. You can backup your ROM from recovery only.
    Those apps need root.
    For how to root search around here.
    Don't ask about that again here. Do that in a new thread if you still have issues. :)

TapaTalked from my Xperia™ Z (C660²) running Ultimate PureXZ Ultra!
    i know how to flash, i mean what about pacman rom it will remove or what will happen?

If you know how to flash ftf's, you will, of course, already be aware that it wipes all traces of previous roms. Just make sure you leave wipe boxes ticked ✅ if coming from an AOSP/CM11 based rom. Otherwise you will have a lot of fc issues
    Hey @kingvortex bro!
    Nice guide. And now I don't have to write a full instructions about how to flash ftf for every newbie need it here :)

TapaTalked from my Xperia™ Z (C660²) running Ultimate PureXZ Ultra!
    Good luck with your new device. Remember not to take the M9 to the bathroom while taking your shower... Lol.

Enviado do meu D6503 através de Tapatalk
    Haha! Yes, I'll have to be careful around water!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk