Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,010 Members 44,537 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hmmm might cancel my Xperia z pre order

Tip us?

stefanve
Old
(Last edited by stefanve; 19th February 2013 at 04:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by barondebxl View Post
That doesn't say anything?? Really? I call it larger Dev support.

Sent from my 3rd Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
call it what you want, doesn't change the fact that in order to have long term and quick CM support you need the kernel source.

edit:
I have high hopes for the One as it don't use nvidia h/w and this might speed up things

barondebxl
Old
Thanks Meter 1,476
Default Re: Hmmm might cancel my Xperia z pre order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post

I don't see why anyone would purchase a Sony handset unless they are a fanboy, in which case it would be pointless arguing with an irrational person.
Yes, a fanboy or someone who wants to try something different (you never know). I just don't understand those nonsense arguments about Sony having better Dev support than all other OEM, which is ABSOLUTELY FALSE. First of all Dev support doesn't stop at aosp. There are themes, apps, kernels, Roms, mods, fixes, patches you Name it. There's not one single sony phone that has better Dev support than the One X, which makes that argument stupid. Second is this big deal about the XZ and waterproof. Don't get me wrong I think its a great feature, but what are the chances of someone dropping their phone in water vs dropping them? Drop resistant is what I would prefer, something that can happen on a daily basis vs dropping your phone in a liquid, which never happened to me in more than 16 years owning a cell phone.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanve View Post
call it what you want, doesn't change the fact that in order to have long term and quick CM support you need the kernel source.

edit:
I have high hopes for the One as it don't use nvidia h/w and this might speed up things
I understand but my point is Dev support doesn't stop at CM and aosp.

Jack Bauer is back!!!!!!!!!

Current Device: OnePlus One

Recently Owned

HTC One M8

Sony Xperia Z2

Samsung Galaxy S 5

Oppo Find 7a

stefanve
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
I understand but my point is Dev support doesn't stop at CM and aosp.

Fair enough, for me it does as I don't care about customization and or tweaks.

omersak
Old
Thanks Meter 250
it's funny because the same people going gaga over the One will do the exact same when the GS4 is announced - hence leading to another flame war.
3310 > 3330 > 6100 > k500i > 6630 > 5700XM > N95 8gb > N81 8gb > Samsung i550 > N79 > 5800XM > iPhone 3gs > HTC Desire > Galaxy S > Nexus S > iPhone 4 > Galaxy S II > HTC Sensation + Xperia Play > iPhone 4s + Galaxy Nexus + Galaxy S III > Lumia 800 + One X > Galaxy Note II + iPhone 5 + Padfone 2 > Xperia Z > One m7 > Xperia Z1 >Nexus 5 > Galaxy S5 > One m8 > Xperia Z2 + G3

Nokia: 10
Samsung: 6
HTC: 5
Sony: 5
Apple: 4
Nexus: 3
Asus: 1
LG: 1
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to omersak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

barondebxl
Old
Thanks Meter 1,476
Default Re: Hmmm might cancel my Xperia z pre order

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanve View Post
Fair enough, for me it does as I don't care about customization and or tweaks.
I hear you. But wouldn't you like an enhanced version of the stock ROM on the XZ? With better battery life and lag free plus additional features? That's what I really look for when I buy a phone, I guess i m speaking for my self cause when I buy a Samsung, Sony or HTC , its also because of the custom ui. If that ui has some issues, i like it fixed in a custom ROM.

Jack Bauer is back!!!!!!!!!

Current Device: OnePlus One

Recently Owned

HTC One M8

Sony Xperia Z2

Samsung Galaxy S 5

Oppo Find 7a

stefanve
Old
Thanks Meter 168
I think I will have to cancel my pre order, simply because the One has much better h/w so it would be kind of silly to buy a clearly lesser device. Also investment wise I think it is better since there is a real good probability that the Z will plument in price in the coming months, just like the XT and other Xperia's.

a pity dough since I really liked the look and I was almost ready to forgive the sub par screen

I have to sleep over it

rkial
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Non removable 2300mah.. The only real let down for me.
One X+ had 2100 and it didnt last as long as the S3.
This will have a 1080p display too..

S4 to be unveiled in less than 4 weeks too..

stefanve
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
I hear you. But wouldn't you like an enhanced version of the stock ROM on the XZ? With better battery life and lag free plus additional features? That's what I really look for when I buy a phone, I guess i m speaking for my self cause when I buy a Samsung, Sony or HTC , its also because of the custom ui. If that ui has some issues, i like it fixed in a custom ROM.

I have bad memories of the type of rom when I had the Hero and the Desire, besides that CM is most of the time quicker with Android version updates

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkial View Post
S4 to be unveiled in less than 4 weeks too..
for me that is not a problem as I have an unhealthy and posibly non rational hate towards TouchWizz and Samsung design
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stefanve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Al Gore
Old
Thanks Meter 65
They are pretty much identical (as are most of the tech in the world), so unless HTC has a much better screen with an equal battery life I will get HTC instead of Sony.

ssj_jaypee
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltranier13px View Post
There is always something better around the corner. I wasn't expecting the Xperia Z to stay on top anyway.
the sad thing is, the Xperia Z isn't even out yet!
Sony is going to release an outdated phone.

It wouldn't be so bad if the Xperia Z was out already since beginning on this month, but many places are not getting this phone until March and even Canada has to wait until April to get the Xperia ZL.

really this is a huge fail and I hope Sony fails badly for their stupid decisions.