Originally Posted by Monsi_hb
1. The link you've provided does not work... it just shows 2 files on Google drive but by clicking on it nothing happens... is there any other way you can suggest or any other link you can provide?
2. Also can you tell me that if I install this update somehow .. will all my data and root permission get erased??
3. I rooted my Xperia Z just recently with 10.4.B.0.569 firmware.. if the phone is unrooted by applying this update... then how to reroot it?
sorry for asking so many questions...
Thanks n Regards
1. when I open the drive link I shared(Without logging in to any Google service in incognito mode) I see the two file, and when I click on one of them I get an error saying "sorry an error has occurred retrying". just click on the download button in the right down corner to download the file. attaching a screenshot for your reference.
2. This is a generic unrooted firmware, if you flash it on your phone using flashtool, it will rewrite everything on your phone, you can find the flashtool from the below thread.
secondly, flashtool does provide you option to not wipe your data partition and also provide options to exclude parts of firmware, screenshot attached for your reference. though, I generally wipe everything while flashing the FTF, and do not exclude any part of the firmware. you may wish to research more about flashtool before performing any changes to default options and advance tasks.
3. And as for rooting I dont know if there is any direct method of rooting this firmware, as I havent tried it yet, you can research on xda forum for indirect root methods.