5,604,631 Members 40,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW TO] Root 10.4.1.B.0.101 (Android 4.3) [ONLY UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER]

Tip us?

JohnnyBQuik
Old
(Last edited by JohnnyBQuik; 16th April 2014 at 03:27 AM.) Reason: fixing colour
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMX35 View Post
Is your Xperia Z in fastboot mode (volume up button) and please check again that your Xperia Z ist unlocked?
Hey MMX35,

Turns out it doesn't work (for me) with bootloader set at 'bootloader unlock allowed:Yes' only at 'Bootloader unlocked: Yes'. Thanks for trying to help.

MMX35
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
JohnnyBQuik, i don't give up. Did you install all the needed driver? I had the same problem at first, but then i installed the drivers and it worked.

lyubor
Old
Thanks Meter 3

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBQuik View Post
Hey all,

I just got a Xperia Z yesterday. I have tried for now over 10 hours to root it with out success. I have tried root toolkit threads by DoomLord and Binary both without success. Installing and reinstalling adb drivers. I have tried flashing FTF which so far is only sticking my phone in a bootloop (Sony logo comes up then nothing less) but i can get out of it but completely wiping my phone.

I have the C6603 running the latest Sony firmware (10.4.1.B.0.101). It is "bootloader unlock allowed: Yes" and nothing I do will root it. When I had a Galaxy S2 I liked the AOKP ROM and I want to run that again on this phone. but I can't root it and can't workout how to reboot it into recovery without a program like CWM.

Most recently I tried this thread which at step 3 of the instructions gives me the error 'remote:Command not allowed'.

The drivers are up to date, I'm booting into the right mode. I just can't send to get anywhere.
Easiest way to get it rooted is to downgrade to an easily rootable firmware. If you downgrade to 4.2.2 you can root with Doomlord's root toolkit and flash whatever you want. Tip: after you downgrade and root, BEFORE you unlock your bootloader make sure you backup your TA partition to be able to relock bootloader if you should ever want to (helps with sony stuff like bravia engine and warranty). If you have that TA backup you can later root any firmware as you can unlock and safely relock your bootloader afterwards.

Cookie Ninja
Old
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBQuik View Post
Hey all,

I just got a Xperia Z yesterday. I have tried for now over 10 hours to root it with out success. I have tried root toolkit threads by DoomLord and Binary both without success. Installing and reinstalling adb drivers. I have tried flashing FTF which so far is only sticking my phone in a bootloop (Sony logo comes up then nothing less) but i can get out of it but completely wiping my phone.

I have the C6603 running the latest Sony firmware (10.4.1.B.0.101). It is "bootloader unlock allowed: Yes" and nothing I do will root it. When I had a Galaxy S2 I liked the AOKP ROM and I want to run that again on this phone. but I can't root it and can't workout how to reboot it into recovery without a program like CWM.

Most recently I tried this thread which at step 3 of the instructions gives me the error 'remote:Command not allowed'.

The drivers are up to date, I'm booting into the right mode. I just can't send to get anywhere.
Check this thread for help in rooting...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2656698

Sent from one of my/our device/s
MY OLD DEVICES
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomp...=2863&id6=1967
CURRENT DEVICE /S
Xperia Z C 6603; Stock, LB, Root (101 F/W) (Mine!)
Xperia ZL C 6502; Stock LB, Root (101 F/W) (Wife's)
Nexus 7 (2012)Stock KK Root KOT49H(Son's)
Dell Venue 7 (2013) Stock 4.3, Root (Ours).
Xperia JLo ST26i-Stock,Root (Son's)
Asus TF 101 ARHD; Root (Mom's)

Need Indian Fonts? Check my thread at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1560715