FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

KitKat battery drain fix

27th December 2014, 02:13 AM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

This is because you have disabled location reporting / history, which is and always has been the source of the battery drain since this problem first occurred. Of course you're not seeing drain from Google Play Services any more. I haven't for months with those disabled.

Have you checked recently?

If you haven't taken any countermeasures, Google will have shoved Google Play Services 6.5.99 into your phone (without your explicit consent). I've experienced periodic location pings (every ~15min) with this version even though I disabled "Location Reporting" and "Location History".

Only downgrading to an older Google Play Service version has helped so far, but this is getting tedious as Google stubbornly auto-updates my Google Play Services version (without my consent).

I tried disabling Google Play Store now, to see whether that's stops their messing with the software installed on my phone. It is going to be inconvenient because I frequently used Google Play Store, but it will be better than replacing Google Play Services every day manually.

Can't believe one essentially needs to void the warranty of one's phone (by rooting) to escape Google draining your battery (I don't care whether it is a bug or intentional).
The Following User Says Thank You to TomKay For This Useful Post: [ View ]

27th December 2014, 12:53 PM |#202  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Rooting does not void your warranty
21st January 2015, 02:16 AM |#203  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100rabh7791

Rooting does not void your warranty

So does this also help enable the activity of an app to stay connected?
21st January 2015, 10:02 PM |#204  
Thanks Meter: 468

More
If you step back to 4.3, you can disable / root uninstall google play services without affecting phone system/ playstore functionality. Battery life is better than kitkat !!

Dead Cookies leave no trails...
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Ninja For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread