[L|KK|JB][Xperia Z] Improve your Xperia Z 's battery life to the MAXIMUM

Search This thread

mr1bilal

Jun 2, 2015
Take full advantage of tweaks and apps available nowadays to improve your Xperia Z battery life !

well hello ,
since the main thing every one complains about in any existing device is battery life ,
I collected some apps and figured out some tweaks and procedures to have maximum
battery life u can get according to your phone usage .

well lets start :
please note that every app or procedure in this tutorial are tested and considered as non-harmful to xperia z except for unlocking the bootloader , well we can't say its harmful but its a binary equation :p if your phone can be bootloader unlocked ,than you are just fine ; but if it can't you Must not try to unlock its bootloader that's it ,
you can verify either you can unlock it or not by looking here , select xperia z and read below it ,
but before that just note that unlocking the boot loader will trigger a factory reset that erases all device settings, user data, third-party applications and associated data from the device’s hardware storage

" take the risk and the responsibility for it"
REQUIREMENTS :
  • a Rooted Xperia Z
  • Unlocked bootloader (optional : making the phone more handling )
  • running Lollipop or kitkat or jelly bean 4.3 , other versions might be compatible as well , it depends on the apps we'll use and their compatibility with your android version
  • if you are running running Lollipop you must have a custom recovery , you can see here
  • you must have Xposed framework ,
    Installation of the framework:
    Download the Xposed Installer APK and install it
    Lollipop : the thread is here if links below does not work

xposed-sdk21-arm-*.zip: Must be flashed with a custom recovery to install the framework.
    XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha*.apk: Must be installed to manage installed modules

others : Xposed Installer APK
    Launch the Xposed Installer, go to the "Framework" section and click on "Install/Update"
    Reboot
    Done!
APPS YOU NEED :
  • Xposed Modules : you can download em just by searching the name in xposed installer app --> download section
    1. AppOpsXposed ====> here
    2. Deep Sleep Battery Saver ====> here
    3. Serajr Xperia Xposed ====>
  • Apps :
    • DU Battery Saver ====> here
    • CCleaner app ====> here

SETTING THINGS UP ! :
1. AppOpsXposed :
basically its a permission giving tool , so we need this feature to deny a lot of apps permissions that are
consuming a lot of battery juice ,for example facebook app uses these perms.
" location , read contacts , read calendar , camera , record audio ,run at startup "
all these are useless to me , so why let em drain my battery , this also applies to others apps , but be clever don't deny permissions that are necessary to run the app

Screenshots
cc5hxlue92i4kiyzg.jpg

odm567iepy9jy5vzg.jpg

2. DU Battery Saver :
its so obvious the function of this app from its name ,
well first open the app click optimize , this should optimize the usage of your battery
s4xt6b5t9lz6xk9zg.jpg

to turn off the annoying notification , like the photo above click on the person icon --> settings icon -->power indicator --> off
g0993tmn1qadsg9zg.jpg

now go to settings app --> accessibility --> DU Battery Saver , and turn it on
cwx68ee8333kw08zg.jpg

if u want to you can use the app widget for quick boost access
zuy28lwt7h9kblbzg.jpg

3. Serajr Xperia Xposed :
the main two features we want from this app is :
long pressing back button kills foreground app & long pressing recent apps button closes all recent app
we want to kill every app we are done with ,so it won't keep draining battery
now to set this up enter the app and go to System UI --> scroll down you will find the options
attachment.php

4. Deep Sleep Battery Saver :
i included this app for having a nice feature , witch is deep sleep ,witch turns off bluetooth + wifi + running apps when u
lock the phone , just select slumberer profile
attachment.php

Note : the annoying notification should always be there to asure full function of the app
but if u want to turn it off enter settings --> Notification & Language --> uncheck " Show persistent notification "

5. CCleaner app :
one of the greatest apps available in play store for cleaning apps rubbish , and also it has a super useful function
witch is disabling apps , even system apps ( system apps requires root * ) and that's why i included it here to disable
all not needed system apps or bloatware , because they keep running in background and draining our precious battery :D
attachment.php

attachment.php

6. Settings :
  1. Turn off backgroung data & roaming when u don't need it
  2. also turn off location
  3. activate Stamina mode
  4. activate ultra Stamina mode if u have it
  5. activate low battery mode and set when it starts
  6. check Queue backround data
  7. don't install too much rubbish apps that keep messing with your phone
  8. turn off auto brightness and consider that using full brightnes will drain your battery fastly
  9. consider turning off the screen when u don't need it ( exp : listenning to music ....

AT LAST :
now u can enjoy much longer battery life , note that i did figure out this procedure and i follow it
and this what i get from it :D :D :D
attachment.php

attachment.php

well there you have it , if you have any suggestions let me know !! :laugh:,
and Sorry for my bad English !!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-06-02-18-41-59.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-02-18-41-59.png
    203.6 KB · Views: 5,607
  • Screenshot_2015-06-02-18-45-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-02-18-45-40.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 5,590
  • Screenshot_2015-06-02-18-44-17.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-02-18-44-17.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 5,451
  • Screenshot_2015-06-02-18-45-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-06-02-18-45-19.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 5,443
  • Screenshot_2015-06-02-14-07-25.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-02-14-07-25.png
    153.1 KB · Views: 5,477
  • Screenshot_2015-06-02-14-08-19.png
    Screenshot_2015-06-02-14-08-19.png
    101 KB · Views: 5,477
Last edited:
Reactions: DoO37
  • don't install too much rubbish apps that keep messing with your phone
So you have to remove all apps that kill apps in background and recent history. They start automatically again and need for that a lot of energy. Clear recent apps is the same. If you want to start an app it needs more time to start and more energy.
Use BetterBatteryStats to identify the wakeups and Greenify and Amplify instead to reduce them.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DU battery is garbage, don't install!
    Take full advantage of tweaks and apps available nowadays to improve your Xperia Z battery life !

well hello ,
    since the main thing every one complains about in any existing device is battery life ,
    I collected some apps and figured out some tweaks and procedures to have maximum
    battery life u can get according to your phone usage .

well lets start :
    please note that every app or procedure in this tutorial are tested and considered as non-harmful to xperia z except for unlocking the bootloader , well we can't say its harmful but its a binary equation :p if your phone can be bootloader unlocked ,than you are just fine ; but if it can't you Must not try to unlock its bootloader that's it ,
    you can verify either you can unlock it or not by looking here , select xperia z and read below it ,
    but before that just note that unlocking the boot loader will trigger a factory reset that erases all device settings, user data, third-party applications and associated data from the device’s hardware storage

" take the risk and the responsibility for it"
    REQUIREMENTS :
    • a Rooted Xperia Z
    • Unlocked bootloader (optional : making the phone more handling )
    • running Lollipop or kitkat or jelly bean 4.3 , other versions might be compatible as well , it depends on the apps we'll use and their compatibility with your android version
    • if you are running running Lollipop you must have a custom recovery , you can see here
    • you must have Xposed framework ,
      Installation of the framework:
      Download the Xposed Installer APK and install it
      Lollipop : the thread is here if links below does not work

xposed-sdk21-arm-*.zip: Must be flashed with a custom recovery to install the framework.
      XposedInstaller_3.0-alpha*.apk: Must be installed to manage installed modules

others : Xposed Installer APK
      Launch the Xposed Installer, go to the "Framework" section and click on "Install/Update"
      Reboot
      Done!
    APPS YOU NEED :
    • Xposed Modules : you can download em just by searching the name in xposed installer app --> download section
      1. AppOpsXposed ====> here
      2. Deep Sleep Battery Saver ====> here
      3. Serajr Xperia Xposed ====>
    • Apps :
      • DU Battery Saver ====> here
      • CCleaner app ====> here

SETTING THINGS UP ! :
    1. AppOpsXposed :
    basically its a permission giving tool , so we need this feature to deny a lot of apps permissions that are
    consuming a lot of battery juice ,for example facebook app uses these perms.
    " location , read contacts , read calendar , camera , record audio ,run at startup "
    all these are useless to me , so why let em drain my battery , this also applies to others apps , but be clever don't deny permissions that are necessary to run the app

Screenshots
    cc5hxlue92i4kiyzg.jpg

odm567iepy9jy5vzg.jpg

2. DU Battery Saver :
    its so obvious the function of this app from its name ,
    well first open the app click optimize , this should optimize the usage of your battery
    s4xt6b5t9lz6xk9zg.jpg

to turn off the annoying notification , like the photo above click on the person icon --> settings icon -->power indicator --> off
    g0993tmn1qadsg9zg.jpg

now go to settings app --> accessibility --> DU Battery Saver , and turn it on
    cwx68ee8333kw08zg.jpg

if u want to you can use the app widget for quick boost access
    zuy28lwt7h9kblbzg.jpg

3. Serajr Xperia Xposed :
    the main two features we want from this app is :
    long pressing back button kills foreground app & long pressing recent apps button closes all recent app
    we want to kill every app we are done with ,so it won't keep draining battery
    now to set this up enter the app and go to System UI --> scroll down you will find the options
    attachment.php

4. Deep Sleep Battery Saver :
    i included this app for having a nice feature , witch is deep sleep ,witch turns off bluetooth + wifi + running apps when u
    lock the phone , just select slumberer profile
    attachment.php

Note : the annoying notification should always be there to asure full function of the app
    but if u want to turn it off enter settings --> Notification & Language --> uncheck " Show persistent notification "

5. CCleaner app :
    one of the greatest apps available in play store for cleaning apps rubbish , and also it has a super useful function
    witch is disabling apps , even system apps ( system apps requires root * ) and that's why i included it here to disable
    all not needed system apps or bloatware , because they keep running in background and draining our precious battery :D
    attachment.php

attachment.php

6. Settings :
    1. Turn off backgroung data & roaming when u don't need it
    2. also turn off location
    3. activate Stamina mode
    4. activate ultra Stamina mode if u have it
    5. activate low battery mode and set when it starts
    6. check Queue backround data
    7. don't install too much rubbish apps that keep messing with your phone
    8. turn off auto brightness and consider that using full brightnes will drain your battery fastly
    9. consider turning off the screen when u don't need it ( exp : listenning to music ....

AT LAST :
    now u can enjoy much longer battery life , note that i did figure out this procedure and i follow it
    and this what i get from it :D :D :D
    attachment.php

attachment.php

well there you have it , if you have any suggestions let me know !! :laugh:,
    and Sorry for my bad English !!
    Debloated ROM
    Stamina OFF
    Amplify ON
    Great Battery life! :good: