Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,692 Members 40,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Leak **** leak xperia z

Tip us?

Daman09
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj_jaypee View Post
why would only the US version of the Xperia Z get the new chipset?
your souces sound false.
Coming from the Galaxy Note comunity, The South Korean varient of their Note had LTE and a Exynos chipset, while the US only got LTE and a lower powered qualcomm chipset, and the international varient didn't get LTE. Doesn't sound TOO far out of the realm of possibiliy for me.

Would be interesting if this was true, definitely torn between the Xperia Z and HTC One at this point. Luckily, I don't have to make a decision until May.

theofficialpimp
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Default Re: Leak **** leak xperia z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51 View Post
No info on the different CPU part of the original topic. Highly doubtful.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z
You're just jealous.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app
Stock v20a + iodak Kernel v06/v08
iPhone 5SLG Optimus 4X HDHTC MyTouch 3GMotorola Cliq

danw_oz
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daman09 View Post
Coming from the Galaxy Note comunity, The South Korean varient of their Note had LTE and a Exynos chipset, while the US only got LTE and a lower powered qualcomm chipset, and the international varient didn't get LTE. Doesn't sound TOO far out of the realm of possibiliy for me.

Would be interesting if this was true, definitely torn between the Xperia Z and HTC One at this point. Luckily, I don't have to make a decision until May.
This is not a really a device like that, it already has pretty much world carrier support, so I also feel that it is highly unlikely to ship with a different chipset, I think very likely for the ZL to contain the new chipset.

I believe the delay is manufacturing/supply issues. If Sony don't get this phone out before HTC One, I think they will loose a lot of sales. This phone seems to have been sort of out for a very long time not to be on shelves already

Spectre51
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1307

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Leak **** leak xperia z

Quote:
Originally Posted by theofficialpimp View Post
You're just jealous.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app
Lol yeah okay you got me.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ Z

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z1 // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Xperia Tablet Z // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony Smartwatch MN2 // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.

Mitsuya Cider
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by archheretic View Post
Let's go easy on spectre here... We don't want anyone getting in strife at work over supplying phone info. Been there, done that. It sucks, hard.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
Just trying to be the "smart" buyer.
Anyways, I think I can settle for a S4pro and 320. There aren't many applications for mobile platform that requires such powerful devices anyways.
if I want to play games, I'll open my laptop.

I don't want to go hard on spectre, just all this talk on the forums have made me think twice if this is a device worth owning now or waiting 3 months in when it's dropped a bit.

indianl
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Is there any place to pre-register for information on when XZ will be available in the US? Looked in the Sony online store, couldn't find anything (unlike with HTC's website, where it is easy to register for details on the upcoming One )

schaggo
Old
Thanks Meter 565
Default AW: Leak **** leak xperia z

Going for htc, going for htc, the Xperia Z is so last gen, it's so last gen... To be honest, you all shouting this **** are utter retards. Shouting around for your 15 minutes of internet fame.

I have an Xperia T, it's powered by - I don't know if you ever heard about it, it's so last gen maybe you weren't even born back then - a dual core Krait CPU. For the less savvy, that's the less powerful dual core Snapdragon S4 variant of the quad core S4 Pro CPU in the Z. With that, the T is very well powered.
Get the device you want, hell yes do. I'm in no way a Sony fanboy or HTC hater. I have plenty of HTC devices still laying around, they served me well. But those being really turned on by the Z but NOT getting the Z because it's "last gen" and "got no power under the hood" and **** like that are just ****heads. These two devices (One and Z) are so overpowered, in terms of raw processing power they/we have come so far, getting the device with the APQ8064T instead of the one with the APQ8064 because it's "less powerfull" is like arguing which shotgun is the better to be shot strainght in the face by: the one with the higher muzzle velocity or the other one. Let me tell you, the difference will not be felt, both will deliver a pretty convincing experience. Although, on paper, there might be a difference.

Keep in mind, Sense is a whore eating all your resources anyway. I can't imagine the APQ8064T cpu to perform much better having to move a FULL HD Sense UI and overloaded Android system than the APQ8064 powering a relatively light UI of the same resolution. The Z launcher, which I tried, runs absolutely flawless on my antique Xperia T as does Sony's 4.1.2 Android. The Z must be absolutely creamy to experience and operate.

My 2¢, I'm out.
Current: Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact (D5503) unlocked, rooted stock 4.4.4 | Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T) locked, rooted stock 4.3
Deprecated: Sony XPERIA Z, Sony XPERIA T, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC DesireZ, HTC 7, Nokia N900, HTC Magic, HTC Touch Pro, SonyEricsson XPERIA X1, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Canary (Orange SPV) et al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland Johnson View Post
It is clear that this phone has an awful lot more artificial intelligence than some of its owners.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to schaggo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

irishrally
Old
Thanks Meter 501
^^ Name calling is unnecessary here. If you're going to be excessively sarcastic at least try to make it humorous.

Hope you enjoyed your "15 minutes of fame" with the longest post in the thread.

killerskincanoe
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raedek View Post
That would be rather odd, if that was the case.. I'd like to see that, before I believe it. Would be the poorest marketing move of Sony yet..

Sent from my SGPT12 using xda app-developers app
if u think this is the poorest of marketing moves clearly you haven't been a sony consumer for long
[CURRENT PHONE]
Oppo Find5 (BigBlue)
LG G3 (BigRed)
[OTHER DEVICES]
LG Optimus G (StraightTalk) g/f uses it
LG G Pad 8.3 (WiFi)
Nexus 7 2014 (WiFi)

[I][RETIRED]
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 8013 (sold)
Sony Xperia Ion (broken mic)
HTC Inspire 4G (cracked screen 2x)
iPhone 4s x2
LG QUANTUM (stolen)
Xperia x10a White (stick kickin)
LG eXpo
Xperia X1a (android 2.3 on this bad boy haha)

schaggo
Old
Thanks Meter 565
Default AW: Leak **** leak xperia z

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrally View Post
^^ Name calling is unnecessary here. If you're going to be excessively sarcastic at least try to make it humorous.
Ironically, I wasnt being sarcastic.
I got the device in the meantime and I can't put it any other way: this thing flies, never ever experienced any earlier Android release this smooth on any earlier device.

Quote:
Hope you enjoyed your "15 minutes of fame" with the longest post in the thread.
I get my daily dose of 15 minutes :thumbup:
Current: Sony XPERIA Z1 Compact (D5503) unlocked, rooted stock 4.4.4 | Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T) locked, rooted stock 4.3
Deprecated: Sony XPERIA Z, Sony XPERIA T, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note, HTC DesireZ, HTC 7, Nokia N900, HTC Magic, HTC Touch Pro, SonyEricsson XPERIA X1, HTC Touch Cruise, HTC Canary (Orange SPV) et al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland Johnson View Post
It is clear that this phone has an awful lot more artificial intelligence than some of its owners.