5,596,354 Members 39,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Waiting for Xperia GX/Hayabusa?
YES, waiting for Xperia GX.. 282 53.21%
NO, happy with Xperia S.. 248 46.79%
Voters: 530. You may not vote on this poll

[NEWS/INFO][SONY XPERIA ZU/HONAMI] Sony Xperia 2012 to 2014 Devices

Tip us?

TenkaTsai
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejstar View Post
New Sony LT25 ‘Tsubasa’ will be a global phone

http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/08/09...-global-phone/

See what I said a month ago?
I already told you...

Rubenos
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Woow nice tenka!

Sent from my X10i using xda app-developers app
Currently using: Xperia Z/T
Flashing/tweaking: Xperia X10/Galaxy Gio

Maximus999
Old
(Last edited by Maximus999; 10th August 2012 at 11:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
So just to sum everything up in one post, what Sony are set to launch for Q4:

LT25i - 4.3" Hayabusa mini, Krait
LT30i - 4.6" Mint, flagship device, Krait
LT29i - 4.6" Japan only, Krait
MT27i - 4.0" Xperia J, low end, Scorpion
Xperia SX - 3.7" Japan only, possible Xperia ray replacement, Krait
LT26ii - 4.3" Xperia SL, Scorpion

Xperia tablet - Tegra 3, $50 cheaper than iPad 3, no full HD screen.

Add in all of the current devices and you have one seriously confusing line up.

To me the Xperia J looks like a completely pointless device and there is no successor the Mini-Pro which was a pretty successful device. They should ****can the Xperia SL as well and just replace it outright with the Krait based LT25i. It makes no sense to have two 4.3" devices as one (Xperia SL) will have to be much cheaper than the other and Sony should be moving away from low margin devices. That's also why Xperia J is pointless, it's better to make the Xperia P more competitive which is already in the same bracket.

The tablet looks great though and I think if it had a full HD screen it could easily become the best selling non-Nexus Android tablet, especially now that app makers have started targeting Android tablets for dedicated apps so the ecosystem has begun to grow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maximus999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

king-james
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I must agree to you Maximus! Xperia J is just ****, Xperia SL also... They must make SX global! Looks very attractive and has a nice size...
But why you say LT25i is a mini version of hayabusa? From where do you know that? And can we except LT25i at IFA?

miki_69
Old
Thanks Meter 22
So, there will be no GX International version after all (specifically in Europe)?

Cheers,
Miki

EmoX10
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Maybe Xperia LT25i is international version of Xperia SX?

Sent from my X10S using xda premium

zymo
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by king-james View Post
I must agree to you Maximus! Xperia J is just ****, Xperia SL also... They must make SX global! Looks very attractive and has a nice size...
But why you say LT25i is a mini version of hayabusa? From where do you know that? And can we except LT25i at IFA?

LT25i uses the same sock as Hayabusa and will also have the same resolution and even on-screen buttons. And since its model-number is LT25 (GX being LT29) it's well to assume that it will have a smaller display. But it remains to be seen if LT25i will look like Hayabusa.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoX10 View Post
Maybe Xperia LT25i is international version of Xperia SX?

Sent from my X10S using xda premium
According to "randomuser" over at esato forum it won't. LT25i has 4,3 HD screen which uses a new panel. It will be the fist Xperia to use this better display.

Maximus999
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Just to underline the popularity of Sony's H2 flagship devices, XperiaBlog is reporting that the first shipment of Xperia GX and SX has sold out completely.

Tell me again, why are these not out in Europe and the US?!?

zymo
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by miki_69 View Post
So, there will be no GX International version after all (specifically in Europe)?

Cheers,
Miki
It looks like that. This must be the "bad news" Rubenos was talking about some time ago. I assume major European markets like UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands...will get Mint, Asia and some other European countries will instead get Hayabusa.
The Following User Says Thank You to zymo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

king-james
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wow, great info! The LT25i sounds very interesting for me now! I will call it Arc II. Hope they will announce it at IFA!