5,600,429 Members 33,015 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Let's Vote guys Xperia Z or S4/Others !!
Xperia Z: Pre-Ordered or Will buy ASAP 372 68.89%
S4/Others: Waiting till March 168 31.11%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

[OFFICIAL]Xperia Z vs Galaxy S4 & All Upcoming Phones-Don't start new threads

Tip us?

SEFanX10i
Old
(Last edited by SEFanX10i; 13th February 2013 at 03:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 70
Dream of this with your HTC and Samsung devices

Sony releases Xperia Z kernel source before worldwide device launch -XDA
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SEFanX10i For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Clemenator
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Default Htc one x

Htc one x all the way guys.. Amazing phone

ZeDestructor
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by megagodx View Post
LCD is aging technology, OLED is new; has time to evolve and be even greater than what it is. The current OLED displays have richer color saturation and more accurate blacks. The color garment of the OLED displays just makes images, icons, and interfaces look nicer to me.

The Xperia Z only supports microSD cards ranging up to 32 GB, while the S IV will pretty much certainly support 64 GB expansion.

The Galaxy S IV is supposed to come with a next-gen processor, that's not only more powerful, but also more energy-efficient than the generic last generation S4 Pro that we've seen in so many smartphones before the Xperia Z.

Last, but not least, the S IV will more than likely have a bigger battery, a longer battery life, and a removable battery for further extended usage. These are all sleights against the Sony Xperia Z for me. Another thing that annoys me is they have those on-screen capacitive buttons that eat up about 15% of the display itself. That's why I'm holding off on this Sony phone. It seems like an inferior S IV on all important fronts. The phone itself was a nice concept in spirit, though; I wouldn't think poorly to anyone who wanted to purchase one.
LCD is far from aging. If anything LCDs are getting a bit of a renewal lately with IPS making it downmarket from top-end screens to throurghly mid-range, if not budget monitors. All this R&D is also being applied to phones. In identical situations, an AMOLED panel has ****ed up colour accuracy because nobody tunes them properly. Or even put in a decent icc colour profile to get a semi-accurate colour render. Under sunlight, AMOLED panels SUCK. My Nexus S has WAY better sunlight legibility than my uncle's GNex that I borrowed for a while.

MicroSDXC is supported (but not advetised) if you can get the phone to read your filesystem of choice. (SD caps at 2GB, SDHC at 32GB and SDXC at 2TB). So if you can get your phone to read exFAT/ext*/btrfs/NTFS/HFS+/any other filesystem supporting partitions bigger than 64GiB, you're good to go.

Processor: I'll give you that, Samsung can make a FAST processor....

On the other hand, how about their software? No sources, security failures left right and center (wipe from within browser, bad emmc management, bad RAM management because they can't use the new memory management tools from ICS (according to a post earlier in this thread) and newer thanks to touchwiz, direct R/W access to RAM without needing root... the list goes on)

Now, how about build feel (note, I'm not saying build quality, Samsung use a sacrificial form of protection where the plastic chassis dents in order to keep the screen intact)? Well, if the SGS2 and 3 and the Notes are to be used as indications for Samsung's design language... Well, it'll still feel like cheap plastic crap. Samsung's very own GNex feels better due to the better finish (paint and texture) and magnesium internal chassis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFanX10i View Post
Dream of this with your HTC and Samsung devices

Sony releases Xperia Z kernel source before worldwide device launch -XDA
YES!!! Now THIS is what I'm talking about when I say Sony loves hackers and devs. Bring on the 4.2.2 AOSP ROMs now (it can use the same kernels as the 4.1 ROMs). Camera will likely be ****ed in the early days though :P
Current: Sony Xperia Z (C6603, the international LTE-enabled variant)
Previous: Nexus S GSM S-LCD (GT-i9023), Nokia N82, Nokia N81, Nokia 6600

barondebxl
Old
Thanks Meter 1223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillz88 View Post
he tries too hard everytime someone shows an interest in another phone.
Yeah lol, he's kinda lame, a true fanboy.
Current Device: Nexus 7 2013

Recently Owned

Iphone 5S

LG G Flex

Galaxy Note3

LG G2
The Following User Says Thank You to barondebxl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xperiax10.awesome
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1405

DONATE TO ME
HTC J Butterfly is Waterproof as well !!!

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/43444...m#.URsjUPJadis
do not forget to hit THANKS..

Some Useful Threads..
Must Have Apps for: Xperia Z/ZL, Nexus 5
Themes: WidgetLocker Theme Collection
Icons: Xperia Z Like Icons - Sony Style

Devices Used so far:
SONY K310i, K790i, Xperia X10,Arc,Play,Ray,S, Z,Z1
SONY Tablet S,Tablet P,Xperia Tablet Z
SONY VAIO Duo 13, PS VITA
SAMSUNG Galaxy S,S3,Note,Note 2,Note 8,Nexus 10
MICROSOFT Surface RT, Surface Pro
MOTOROLA Moto G
NOKIA 3100, Lumia 920
HTC Desire
LG Nexus 4,Nexus 5
ACER Aspire V5 Touch
ARCHOS Gamepad
APPLE iPhone 4s,iphone 5,iphone 5S,iPad 2,3,ipad Mini,MacBook Air, iPad Air

SEFanX10i
Old
(Last edited by SEFanX10i; 13th February 2013 at 06:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 70
Default Re: [OFFICIAL]Xperia Z vs Galaxy S4(Mar15) & All Upcoming Phones-Don't start new thre

I think some of you guys need to think twice before posting. Remember you are in Sony xperia Z forum and not samsung or htc forum.

Some guys posts makes me wonder if samsung paid them to spend time in z forum and defend samsung. LoL.

Had quite a lot of such posters in our S forum as well last year.

I could go and piss in samsung and htc forums but I dont bother about them to waste my time there. But samsung and htc fans seem to be quite bothered about Sony and hence have left their device forums and are taking a piss here.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 350

DONATE TO ME
It's clear again that we cannot have such threads here... to much fanboys trying to convert you lol. You cant like this phone because samsung will release a better one soon. Its like listening to iphone fans.

If you guys are so in love with you pseudo octa core cpus that even devs like Entropy said are useless, plastic cheap design etc. Its fine, we dont really care, but please dont try to force everybody to think your way in every single post. Not everyone cares about having top possible specs for few next months before another s phone comes out. im not even sure is that a brand war or specs war...

We get it, SIV will be so much better than Z, that's fine. Some will still choose Sony, and our reasons are as valid as yours.

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Akiainavas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-]Megacharge[-
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Indeed. Tired of these same fanboys posting about non Xperia phones in the Xperia thread. Also this thread should be closed, it's mere nature sets up flame wars, and I'm not even sure why it's existed this long. X phone vs X phone is just a flame war waiting to happen.

xperiax10.awesome
Old
(Last edited by xperiax10.awesome; 13th February 2013 at 07:02 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1405

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFanX10i View Post
I think some of you guys need to think twice before posting. Remember you are in Sony xperia Z forum and not samsung or htc forum.

Some guys posts makes me wonder if samsung paid them to spend time in z forum and defend samsung. LoL.

Had quite a lot of such posters in our S forum as well last year.

I could go and piss in samsung and htc forums but I dont bother about them to waste my time there. But samsung and htc fans seem to be quite bothered about Sony and hence have left their device forums and are taking a piss here.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiainavas View Post
It's clear again that we cannot have such threads here... to much fanboys trying to convert you lol. You cant like this phone because samsung will release a better one soon. Its like listening to iphone fans.

If you guys are so in love with you pseudo octa core cpus that even devs like Entropy said are useless, plastic cheap design etc. Its fine, we dont really care, but please dont try to force everybody to think your way in every single post. Not everyone cares about having top possible specs for few next months before another s phone comes out. im not even sure is that a brand war or specs war...

We get it, SIV will be so much better than Z, that's fine. Some will still choose Sony, and our reasons are as valid as yours.
If you guys only want SONY fan boys here then wats the point of having such thread !!
To be Sony or any other Brand fanboy is good but but dont be BLIND fanboy.

I am very big fan of Sony and used mostly Sony devices but I am always open to other devices, Samsungs looks are not awesome (or you call it cheap, wondering how can someone sell millions of such cheap devices at higher profits).
Today Samsung is counted amongst Amazon, Apple, Google, M'Soft so there must be something good in their products !!!

Try to listen to others opinion, if you don't like it, simple Ignore as for you SONY is best !!!

The sole purpose of this thread is to convince people from other manufactures to get attracted and show interest towards Xperia Z, and many are ready to change, you guys also need to change and simply avoid replying useless posts !!
do not forget to hit THANKS..

Some Useful Threads..
Must Have Apps for: Xperia Z/ZL, Nexus 5
Themes: WidgetLocker Theme Collection
Icons: Xperia Z Like Icons - Sony Style

Devices Used so far:
SONY K310i, K790i, Xperia X10,Arc,Play,Ray,S, Z,Z1
SONY Tablet S,Tablet P,Xperia Tablet Z
SONY VAIO Duo 13, PS VITA
SAMSUNG Galaxy S,S3,Note,Note 2,Note 8,Nexus 10
MICROSOFT Surface RT, Surface Pro
MOTOROLA Moto G
NOKIA 3100, Lumia 920
HTC Desire
LG Nexus 4,Nexus 5
ACER Aspire V5 Touch
ARCHOS Gamepad
APPLE iPhone 4s,iphone 5,iphone 5S,iPad 2,3,ipad Mini,MacBook Air, iPad Air
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to xperiax10.awesome For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eagleeyetom
Old
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA News Writer - Lost in Amsterdam
Thanks Meter 10904

DONATE TO ME
What is wrong with you, guys? There is no need to argue. The fact that someone is fan of Sony, Apple or Micromax doesn't change anything. This is a discussion thread so things should be discussed in polite and substantiative way.
Bear in mind that everyone have different needs and personal taste, so every opinion should be respected.
Thread cleaned a bit.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eagleeyetom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe