Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 40,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Let's Vote guys Xperia Z or S4/Others !!
Xperia Z: Pre-Ordered or Will buy ASAP 372 68.89%
S4/Others: Waiting till March 168 31.11%
Voters: 540. You may not vote on this poll

[OFFICIAL]Xperia Z vs Galaxy S4 & All Upcoming Phones-Don't start new threads

Tip us?

MadManMark
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Default Re: [OFFICIAL]Xperia Z vs Galaxy S4(Mar15) & All Upcoming Phones-Don't start new thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurowsk1 View Post
Are we expecting any other flagship phones out before summer apart from the HTC One, Galaxy S4 and the so called 'X Phone' ?
Yes but not from the big companies

Sent from my LT22i using xda app-developers app
Remember to 'Thank Me' if I was able to help.

JPWOA
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros View Post
it is impossible to accurately determine screen quality from photos.

All the comments about screen excellence come from first hand accounts.
You can with videos...just like you see some people saying with Xperia Z!

And with the XZ everyone was praying the screen on CES in the first hands-on and now some people say its to washout and some like it even more.

The thing is it depends from person to person but in that video it's undeniable that the screen was way more grey than the nexus 4.

And I note saying that it's a bad screen, most certainly will be better than XZ (at least on viewing angles)...but people have to calm down and realize that every device has flaws.

In the HTC One we might find the famous death grip of the iPhone 4, because the antennas are on the metal back and are only separated by thin lines of plastic. We might find coting problems and scratches due to the painted aluminum. We can find poor battery, because Sense 5 has this new service always on and looking for stuff in background.

Only time will tell but phones with perfect specs and features on paper...always have their flaws

taxas
Old
Thanks Meter 6
i like the HTC one's screen, but need to see it IRL, Same goes for the Xperia z. However both phones are awesome in my eyes

RCJ89
Old
Thanks Meter 201
I have just been down to phones 4 u in Oxford Street (Bond Street) and played with the HTC One, it is better than the z in these departments which are major ones aswell imo.
*much better speakers,
*much better and much louder audio in headphones (for once I am actually not going to need power amp)
*Camera and video is better
*screen is better
*much faster and smoother
*UI is better on HTC
these are my opinions based on using both phones now

Drawbacks compared to Z is lack of memory card slot and seems the uk is only getting the 32gb model (which kinda sucks tbh but the phone was so good I had to get it) and the lack of being water/dust proof.
Design wise I think they are equal both in looks and design/feel.
The One is slightly smaller than the Z in height and thats noticeable, phone looks small for its size tbh.

Now for the above reasons has led me to cancel my pre order for the z and pre order the one on vodafone 37 unlimited mins/texts, 1gb data, 2gb wifi, also comes with free case, free speaker, and urbeats headsets.
Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Black 16gb

Previous owned Favourite phones:
HTC One X white 32gb
HTC One S Black 16gb
HTC Sensation XE Black
Samsung Galaxy S2 Black 16gb
Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC Silver

Maedhros
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPWOA View Post
You can with videos...just like you see some people saying with Xperia Z!

And with the XZ everyone was praying the screen on CES in the first hands-on and now some people say its to washout and some like it even more.

The thing is it depends from person to person but in that video it's undeniable that the screen was way more grey than the nexus 4.

And I note saying that it's a bad screen, most certainly will be better than XZ (at least on viewing angles)...but people have to calm down and realize that every device has flaws.

In the HTC One we might find the famous death grip of the iPhone 4, because the antennas are on the metal back and are only separated by thin lines of plastic. We might find coting problems and scratches due to the painted aluminum. We can find poor battery, because Sense 5 has this new service always on and looking for stuff in background.

Only time will tell but phones with perfect specs and features on paper...always have their flaws
You actually cannot tell from a video. We have people who have viewed both devices (the Xperia and the One), who state the One is superior.

I have personally compared the HTC one X and the Xperia, and the One X has the superior screen. It is also superior to the Nexus 4's screen.

So, if the HTC One's screen is superior to the One Xs, and the One X's screen is superior to the Nexus 4s, how can the HTC One have an inferior screen to the Nexus 4?

Makes no sense.

Also, please read about how the antena works, it won't suffer from the same issues that the Iphone did.

Shasarak
Old
Thanks Meter 125
I also had a play with an HTC One today. If anyone has any really, really basic questions that I might know the answer to after just a few minutes of playing with it in a shop despite possessing no discernible expertise, I'll do my best to answer. (I also had a quick play with a Galaxy Note II and an Xperia Z in other shops a little earlier).

craftycarper1
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Does it do the FANDANGO?
↑↑↑ Click above for my Userbars ↑↑↑

omersak
Old
Thanks Meter 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasarak View Post
I also had a play with an HTC One today. If anyone has any really, really basic questions that I might know the answer to after just a few minutes of playing with it in a shop despite possessing no discernible expertise, I'll do my best to answer. (I also had a quick play with a Galaxy Note II and an Xperia Z in other shops a little earlier).
Just this - which one have you decided to buy?
3310 > 3330 > 6100 > k500i > 6630 > 5700XM > N95 8gb > N81 8gb > Samsung i550 > N79 > 5800XM > iPhone 3gs > HTC Desire > Galaxy S > Nexus S > iPhone 4 > Galaxy S II > HTC Sensation + Xperia Play > iPhone 4s + Galaxy Nexus + Galaxy S III > Lumia 800 + One X > Galaxy Note II + iPhone 5 + Padfone 2 > Xperia Z > One m7 > Xperia Z1 >Nexus 5 > Galaxy S5 > One m8 > Xperia Z2 + G3

Nokia: 10
Samsung: 6
HTC: 5
Sony: 5
Apple: 4
Nexus: 3
Asus: 1
LG: 1

maverick1103
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Default Re: [OFFICIAL]Xperia Z vs Galaxy S4(Mar15) & All Upcoming Phones-Don't start new thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by barondebxl View Post
Are u retarded? You're saying were misinforming, do u have proof?

Sent from my 3rd Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Wow touchy aren't you, no need for name calling we aren't at school you know! It was simply a kind gesture, your information was wrong, you provided no evidence. I know it S600 is quicker I just wanted you to post the proof.

Quote:
You guys keep talking out of your asses and assuming instead of researching before posting.

Really you are in the Sony Xperia Z forum why don't you move along to the HTC One and boast there instead and leave us in peace!

Quote:
The phone looks expensive, it screams quality.

So does the Xperia Z, even better in the flesh!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Current phone....

HTC One M8, Gunmetal Grey

Current tablet

Nexus 7 (2013)

Previously owned...

Samsung Note 3, Sony Xperia Z1, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z White, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Grey (N7100), Samsung Galaxy S3 Blue (i9300), HTC One X White, HTC Desire HD, Nokia Lumia 800, Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9200), iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G.

omersak
Old
Thanks Meter 250
*sigh* damn these flame wars.
3310 > 3330 > 6100 > k500i > 6630 > 5700XM > N95 8gb > N81 8gb > Samsung i550 > N79 > 5800XM > iPhone 3gs > HTC Desire > Galaxy S > Nexus S > iPhone 4 > Galaxy S II > HTC Sensation + Xperia Play > iPhone 4s + Galaxy Nexus + Galaxy S III > Lumia 800 + One X > Galaxy Note II + iPhone 5 + Padfone 2 > Xperia Z > One m7 > Xperia Z1 >Nexus 5 > Galaxy S5 > One m8 > Xperia Z2 + G3

Nokia: 10
Samsung: 6
HTC: 5
Sony: 5
Apple: 4
Nexus: 3
Asus: 1
LG: 1

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe