View Poll Results: did the reviews alter your decision to get the XZ
Yes I have canceled my pre-order 9 5.92%
Only if the m7 turns out to be better 16 10.53%
Wasn't planing to get it and now I now why 4 2.63%
Most are positive so I don't see a problem 67 44.08%
I wait till the S4, and than I will see 21 13.82%
After reading I made the decision to buy one 35 23.03%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

With the reviews getting in are you still getting your XZ?

Tip us?

stefanve
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 168
Default With the reviews getting in are you still getting your XZ?

I'm curious if there is an affect on your buying decision after reading the reviews.

dibdin
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I so want this phone but all this talk about the display not being up to par has put some doubt in my mind now as to whether I go through with purchasing the Z. GSM arena and Phone Arena share similar views regarding the display, which I wasn't expecting.

I will be taking a look at the device at my local phones4u, and if I find the screen to be disappointing I will unfortunately cancel my order. I really really really hope this wont be the case though.
Proud owner of the htc One in black.

mynameisthehulk
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Re: With the reviews getting in are you still getting your XZ?

Yeah wavering here...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

robogo1982
Old
Thanks Meter 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanve View Post
I'm curious if there is an affect on your buying decision after reading the reviews.
What is there in those reviews that would put me off from buying one?

Problems with camera images? Not that big of a deal, I don't make photos with my phone for a living. Lag? I doubt there is any. Battery life? People report a whole day of medium to heavy usage, which is what I get from my Galaxy S3 anyway. Build quality? It's waterproof, I don't mind having to open flaps every time I want to plug in my headset.

What else is there?
| LG G2 | D802 | stock | 72 hrs on a single charge
| Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 | custom ROM | [sold]
| Sony Xperia Z | stock | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 | custom ROM | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | stock | [sold]
| Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 | custom ROM | [sold]
| HTC Desire | stock | [sold]
| HTC Hero | stock | [sold]
:: i'm a lazy mug who doesn't update his signature that often ::

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to robogo1982 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 350

DONATE TO ME
Where is the option "i dont care about reviews, i want it and im gonna get it regardless" ?

I dont trust reviews. Note 2 and S3 were reviewed as the best phones even - and i'm really disappointed by those two. It's funny how reviewers sometimes ignore obvious flaws about one phone, but riot about a tiny detail in another. Reviews are not objective - so i don't really care about them. It's nice to read and compare opinions, but i always prefer to just get the phone and decide for myself.

So unless at least 5-10 review say something really bad about the battery ( like not lasting a full day even on light use, which is not the case ) i'm not going to even think about cancelling.

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Akiainavas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stefanve
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by robogo1982 View Post
What is there in those reviews that would put me off from buying one?

Problems with camera images? Not that big of a deal, I don't make photos with my phone for a living. Lag? I doubt there is any. Battery life? People report a whole day of medium to heavy usage, which is what I get from my Galaxy S3 anyway. Build quality? It's waterproof, I don't mind having to open flaps every time I want to plug in my headset.

What else is there?
I think most are worried about the screen, every thing else seems okay/perfect (some may not like the camera)

Ashalak
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I have a pre-order for mine but I am a little worried.. The camera from what I've seen looks perfectly decent, and it's bound to be better than my HOX which kinda sucks compared to my last iPhone. My one concern is the display which is a pretty big deal breaker, I actually had a quick play with one in a Three store yesterday and the display was very wishy washy (Even after I had turned it down from max brightness). Originally everyone had said this was purely an issue with pre-production panels, but after the reviews claiming to be on retail devices this had worried me even more.

Think I'm going to pop into a P4U store as well to have a play, maybe there is more chance of those being full retail units seeing as they're available a little after.. Who knows!
HTC One
ViperONE v3.1 RC2 - 3.57.401.500 Firmware - TWRP v2.6.3.3
S-OFF & SuperCID
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashalak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kakkaroto
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'm still getting it, I've seen the phone in a couple of three stores and didn't see any problems with the display, but then I'm not particularly picky.

maverick1103
Old
Thanks Meter 128

I'm still getting it, my main reasons are:

Camera. I know Sony make decent camera phones, I have a Note 2 which is fairly decent, not brill in low light scenarios, not as good as my HOX was.

Build quality. My last two phones, S3 and Note 2...enough said!

Screen. I miss my HOX LCD screen, AMOLEDS are just a bit too false!

Size. My current phone is the Note 2, it's the only negative side of it, it's too big for one handed use nothing else. Looking forward to getting a phone that I can use with one hand comfortably again.

So I'm still getting it!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Current phone....

HTC One M8, Gunmetal Grey

Current tablet

Nexus 7 (2013)

Previously owned...

Samsung Note 3, Sony Xperia Z1, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z White, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Grey (N7100), Samsung Galaxy S3 Blue (i9300), HTC One X White, HTC Desire HD, Nokia Lumia 800, Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9200), iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G.

Super Chimp
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Default With the reviews getting in are you still getting your XZ?

Screen aside I am getting concerned about the camera performance, I don't expect it to completely match up to the 920 but I was hoping it would be reasonably close.