View Poll Results: did the reviews alter your decision to get the XZ
Yes I have canceled my pre-order 9 5.92%
Only if the m7 turns out to be better 16 10.53%
Wasn't planing to get it and now I now why 4 2.63%
Most are positive so I don't see a problem 67 44.08%
I wait till the S4, and than I will see 21 13.82%
After reading I made the decision to buy one 35 23.03%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

With the reviews getting in are you still getting your XZ?

OP stefanve

18th February 2013, 09:36 PM   |  #101  
Wolverhampton
Thanks Meter: 12

118 posts
I have read every review i can find seen it in the shops and must say IMO it is the best phone at the time of me needing to purchase a new one. All phones and every other purchase in fact is not perfect if it was we would never need to move forward. For me its a big upgrade from my last im more than happy. A little disappointed about internal speaker volume as i use that a lot however im getting a free speaker with my phone so cant complain.
22nd February 2013, 09:20 PM   |  #102  
Thanks Meter: 40

880 posts
Aside from trying a 920 the problem is I am coming from a GS3 & that sets the bar pretty high as far as phones are concerned so my next phone has to surpass that level and I am not sure the Xperia Z does.
23rd February 2013, 03:48 PM   |  #103  
Flag sydney
Thanks Meter: 27

87 posts
reviews
its so funny listening to phonearena review on htc one when at the end he made a comment about the camera quality saying the the device is a pre production device and that final release will be better, but also finished of by saying that it was the best camera to date that they have reviewed on smart phone.
anyone who has seen sample shots of the htc and xperia z will tell you that you dont have to have half a brain to see that sony is far better cam than htc but also didnt extend that same courtesy to sony when he reviewed the xperia z, regarding the pre production unit.

its so obvious that you have a few reviewers that are bias and there reviews should not be taken seriously
23rd February 2013, 04:05 PM   |  #104  
Flag Sundsvall
Thanks Meter: 65

318 posts
More
Re: With the reviews getting in are you still getting your XZ?
I will wait until I can physically test both phones (HTC One and the EZ). I am drawn to the One right now (h/w, screen and sound).... But the Z is unbelievably beautiful and will have better development support by Sony.....
I don't really care what Samsung bring to the table.... I've had a Galaxy phone for far too long. Time to change.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
23rd February 2013, 04:10 PM   |  #105  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 127

293 posts
More
All the reviews are so polarized that it is useless reading them. Some say camera is awesome, battery life 1.5 days, gorgeous screen while others heavily criticize the same. Its best to try out the phone and see for yourself.
23rd February 2013, 04:58 PM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 309

1,163 posts
For anyone worried about speaker volume and clarity.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGxIl...e_gdata_player
I no longer am
Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
23rd February 2013, 05:12 PM   |  #107  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 15

395 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maedhros

Hello, I did a side by side comparison of the ZL and the HTC One X, and I can confirm what phone arena states about the screen, it is inferior to HTCs offering. However, when you use it without comparing it to any other phone on the market it is adequate.

Can you tell more about he ZL. I will be buying it.. how's the display when looking straight on ? I don't care about viewing angles...

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app
2nd March 2013, 06:48 AM   |  #108  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
Display is fine. Don't listen to the nitpickers

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2
2nd March 2013, 08:25 AM   |  #109  
Flag sydney
Thanks Meter: 27

87 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Chimp

Aside from trying a 920 the problem is I am coming from a GS3 & that sets the bar pretty high as far as phones are concerned so my next phone has to surpass that level and I am not sure the Xperia Z does.

the samsung galazy s 3 is a terrible device spec wise its decent but come on sounds to me you like watching cartoons, if you like looking at the samsung screen than sony xperia z screen is not for you.

plus the sony xperia z screen is for big boys why dont you came back to reality and start being a big boy lol and get over your cartoon faze lol.

Someone made an excellent point about the screen and purchasing items using online shopping , dont expect to see the correct colour representation of what ever item your purchasing if your using the samsung s 3. if you want the most true to life experience get the z that is what sony was going after anyway with this handset
2nd March 2013, 11:03 AM   |  #110  
Thanks Meter: 40

880 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by decentgi

the samsung galazy s 3 is a terrible device spec wise its decent but come on sounds to me you like watching cartoons, if you like looking at the samsung screen than sony xperia z screen is not for you.

plus the sony xperia z screen is for big boys why dont you came back to reality and start being a big boy lol and get over your cartoon faze lol.

Someone made an excellent point about the screen and purchasing items using online shopping , dont expect to see the correct colour representation of what ever item your purchasing if your using the samsung s 3. if you want the most true to life experience get the z that is what sony was going after anyway with this handset

I always found the S3 screen rather dull even when playing around with the settings.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread