Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,414 Members 53,960 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: did the reviews alter your decision to get the XZ
Yes I have canceled my pre-order 9 5.92%
Only if the m7 turns out to be better 16 10.53%
Wasn't planing to get it and now I now why 4 2.63%
Most are positive so I don't see a problem 67 44.08%
I wait till the S4, and than I will see 21 13.82%
After reading I made the decision to buy one 35 23.03%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

With the reviews getting in are you still getting your XZ?

Tip us?

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeAHlee View Post
the display doesn't look bad in this vid(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFEzXilA8B8) IMO, but why is bottom bar gray instead of black (where the home, and back button are)?
Sony changed the colour of nav bar to grey to match the backgrounds.

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

stefanve
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiainavas View Post
Sony changed the colour of nav bar to grey to match the backgrounds.
Really, that's stupid, but I guess it should be easy to make it black again. I like it when it matches the case

Al Gore
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonatton View Post
^Why do you 'hate' Samsung? Color contrast of SAMLOED I'm guessing
Don't like the brand, GS3's design (GS4 will probably be similar?) and Touchwiz.

samxool
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonatton View Post
^Why do you 'hate' Samsung? Color contrast of SAMLOED I'm guessing
I hate Samesung because they shamelessly copied the iPhone and produced a vastly inferior phone in the process (i'm looking at you Samesung Galaxy S3).

-]Megacharge[-
Old
Thanks Meter 119
I'm so mad that the ZL is not being released in Canada until April.. wtf is Sony thinking? they're gonna lose so many sales, including my own.

The Following User Says Thank You to -]Megacharge[- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Akiainavas
Old
Thanks Meter 355

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanve View Post
Really, that's stupid, but I guess it should be easy to make it black again. I like it when it matches the case
I actually like it better, but yeah it will be easy to change back to black should you want to.

Xperia Z2ssssssssssss

ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

RCJ89
Old
(Last edited by RCJ89; 15th February 2013 at 04:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiainavas View Post
Where is the option "i dont care about reviews, i want it and im gonna get it regardless" ?

I dont trust reviews. Note 2 and S3 were reviewed as the best phones even - and i'm really disappointed by those two. It's funny how reviewers sometimes ignore obvious flaws about one phone, but riot about a tiny detail in another. Reviews are not objective - so i don't really care about them. It's nice to read and compare opinions, but i always prefer to just get the phone and decide for myself.

So unless at least 5-10 review say something really bad about the battery ( like not lasting a full day even on light use, which is not the case ) i'm not going to even think about cancelling.
This ^^^^^^, I had all top phones from the top three Android OEMs you could say? I had Xperia S, I had SGS3, I had One S, I had One X, I had Xperia T and I had GN2. I am going to cast my opinions of the phones, others may feel differently.

First of all let me start with the two phones that were supposed to be the best phones of the year:
S3/note 2 - Good points: battery life was great especially note 2, notification light, camera autofocus/speed, camera quality outdoors/indoros at night with flash, design of the phones, audio quality, I liked the extra volume in phone calls and earpeice/loud speakers are very good.

Bad points , boring boring boring UI, horrid keyboard, S3 screen I thought was horrible, alot of those so called smart features didn't work very well on either phone, audio volume was low on s3 note 2 was a bit louder, I could always see the pixels and screen didn't look very smooth on S3, note 2 dispite lower ppi and bigger screen was much better due to normal RGB arrangement, camera indoors with lighting was washed out on both S3/GN2, audio recording was better on note 2 but still not upto scratch especially when recording moving objects and just generally found the phones really boring.

Xperia S/T - Good points: screen, camera/video quality, video audio, xperia UI, keyboard, notification light on xperia S, design of both phones, audio quality, loud speaker/earpiece speaker on xperia s, speed and performance on xperia t

Bad points: slow performance on xperia s, poor battery life on both, poor loud speaker/earpiece speaker on t, audio volume on both, pointless notification light on t, button placement on t, slow auto focus on both.

One S/X - Good Points: screen on X, Camera/video quality on both, auto focus speed, video audio on s, battery life on s, HTC have best UI and keyboard imo, notification light, design on both phones, audio quality and volume, earpiece/loudspeaker, speed and performance,

Bad points - screen on s, battery life and over heating on x, poor memory on s only 9.9gb, video audio on x was too sharp and video was too zoomed in on both phones.

Here is hoping that HTC improve video audio/zooming and battery life, in regards to sony i believe they are there now and it is for these reasons I am sticking with SONY and HTC from now on.
If i read the reviews of the z before playing with it, my heart would have sank and I would have probably cancelled my pre order however I have played with the phone have spent over 3hours now playing with it in the shops and I dont have any complaints about it and I am hearing good things about battery life so for me everything has been improved over the s/t. PA gave the one x 7.8/10 didn't phase me I thought it was a great phone bar the poor battery and overheating due to the tegra 3. also most reviews said the camera was bad I didn't think so atall I found it better than the s3/note 2 which all reviews generally praised.

I have learned not to trust reviews anyway and to go and evaluate a product myself. If everyone listened to reviews in the car world/family hatch segment all would have a golf for example and in phone world either iphone or s3. Reviews at the end of the day are subjective imo and some say one feature is good or give something a score another review may say that feature is bad and give it a different score. I am my own reviewer.
Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Black 16gb

Previous owned Favourite phones:
HTC One X white 32gb
HTC One S Black 16gb
HTC Sensation XE Black
Samsung Galaxy S2 Black 16gb
Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC Silver
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RCJ89 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schrickm5
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Well said R89SONY.
The Following User Says Thank You to schrickm5 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stefanve
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 168
http://www.gsmarena.com/xperia_z_to_...-news-5548.php

21st would be nice

RCJ89
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrickm5 View Post
Well said R89SONY.
Thanks, I forgot to add i find some reviews biased be it car world phone world etc. Two examples every review generslly praises iphones only three things i praise on iphone is looks, screen and camera/video. I am no longer a fan of samsung but the BQ of the s3 and note 2 is better than iphones tbh, with their cracked screens when dropped etc.

I have seen people and reviews praise the iphone 5 build quality, sorry but my sister in law has one she hasnt dropped it once yet the top and bottom of the phones colour coating has peeled away just from putting the phone in her pocket, yet that is worth 530 but the xperia Z isn't? from what i have seen on the z looks/feels far better built.
I have read reviews stating the new toyota auris had rubbish handling was quite slow etc and i drove the car and apart from the iffy clutch i found the handling great and the car was quick.
Current Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S5 Black 16gb

Previous owned Favourite phones:
HTC One X white 32gb
HTC One S Black 16gb
HTC Sensation XE Black
Samsung Galaxy S2 Black 16gb
Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC Silver