Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,490 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: did the reviews alter your decision to get the XZ
Yes I have canceled my pre-order 9 5.92%
Only if the m7 turns out to be better 16 10.53%
Wasn't planing to get it and now I now why 4 2.63%
Most are positive so I don't see a problem 67 44.08%
I wait till the S4, and than I will see 21 13.82%
After reading I made the decision to buy one 35 23.03%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

With the reviews getting in are you still getting your XZ?

Tip us?

Q.Entity
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Reviews are irrelevant. Go play with the phone at a Sony store once it becomes available and decide for yourself.

Reviewers have their own agendas...

Warrimonk
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Default Re: With the reviews getting in are you still getting your XZ?

I was planning on getting the ZL if it came out before the end of February or first week of March..... However Sony announced that Canada isn't getting the ZL till April.... And on top of that all of the issues with the inconsistent screen reviews have made me decide to just wait . Since Sony decided to force me to wait till April the logical thing to do is wait for info on the s4/Optimus g pro/ m7 / xphone, and reevaluate the market at that time

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

pongnamu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1701
I am still getting it. Lets hear reviews of international version first aT feb 28, and lets see.

CURRENT DEVICES: XPERIA X10 MINI & IPHONE 5S
PAST DEVICES: XPERIA Z1

MY WORKS

JOIN ME ON GOOGLE+ COMMUNITY AND ADD ME ON GOOGLE+

-]Megacharge[-
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Really wanted to get this phone, but it's not coming to Canada until April. That's just too far away and sadly I am forced to go another route. I really did want this phone though...

AwesomeAHlee
Old
Thanks Meter 25
the display doesn't look bad in this vid(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFEzXilA8B8) IMO, but why is bottom bar gray instead of black (where the home, and back button are)?

jonatton
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Was quite iffy since anything that offers a fHD resolution and no 3000mA+ battery doesn't get me interested much. But I guess this is a dealbreaker for me. Anywho, good luck to those who've ordered this!

Al Gore
Old
Thanks Meter 65
I will wait for a full GSMarena review, then wait for it to appear in stores here and go test it myself and compare. The only problem for me could be bad color contrast.

Not amazing camera? - No problem for me, digital cameras are not amazing even if you stuck 9999 megapixels in them and super xmrozksda sensors. I take maybe 3 pics a month and those usually go to instagram where horrible filters and compression will make it look like a picture from 2006 anyway. If I want to make good pics I'll take my camera (or a friend will).

Bad viewing angles? - Again, the only time it will be a problem is when I let my mates to play games on it and will want to see how they are doing.

I just need a new phone kinda ASAP and Sony is releasing soon. The new HTC could be interesting for me but I'm not sure when it's coming out. I hate Samsung phones so GS4 is not an option either.
The Following User Says Thank You to Al Gore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonatton
Old
Thanks Meter 39
^Why do you 'hate' Samsung? Color contrast of SAMLOED I'm guessing

vivftp
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Getting the ZL, but it's more or less the same phone for the most part. Reviews aren't affecting my excitement to get it one bit. Can't wait for it to finally hit Canada!

Riyal
Old
Thanks Meter 1650

DONATE TO ME
Getting the ZL also. I know our country was one of the mentioned ones to get this device on the 1st quarter but if it would reach till april then mostlikely HTC M7 would prolly steal 50% of my decision to go back to sony. I love Sense UI and not Sony UI but I decided to ditch HTC Butterfly and go with sony but if they let HTC M7 pass them again then bye2 and I'll stick with HTC. Sad because Sony was my 1st android phone coming from nokia when they ditched maemo OS over microsoft.