Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,065 Members 40,597 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

rooting 4.4.2 on LB

Tip us?
 
dominic21
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 45
Join Date: Jan 2011
Default rooting 4.4.2 on LB

hi there is a new root toolkit i found on android police that called towelroo.
its made for galaxy line but the dev said it suppose to work on all phones and it is working on xperia z ( C6603) on 4.4.2 (10.5.A.0.230)
here is the link to the xda thread
and for the site
The Following User Says Thank You to dominic21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
netharshal13
Old
#2  
netharshal13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 166
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Thumbs up Help!!!

Hi,
I tried on my Xperia Z2 Locked bootloader
Not Working....
Any idea how to make it work ???? If I Uninstall it phone reboots...
Please help.

Thankyou
 
drnaylwin
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2014
Thumbs up Rooting Xperia Z 4.4.2 official rom with Locked Bootloader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominic21 View Post
hi there is a new root toolkit i found on android police that called towelroo.
its made for galaxy line but the dev said it suppose to work on all phones and it is working on xperia z ( C6603) on 4.4.2 (10.5.A.0.230)
here is the link to the xda thread
and for the site
Yes, it can root My Xperia Z 4.4.2 LB. super Su has been down loaded manually from playstore manually. The device gain root access, but super su cannot update binary. My only wish for rooting is to change system font and to backup TA partition, so after doing these, i unroot the device. Thats all OK.
 
Ben Ling
Old
#4  
Ben Ling's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 6735
Posts: 3,855
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by netharshal13 View Post
Hi,
I tried on my Xperia Z2 Locked bootloader
Not Working....
Any idea how to make it work ???? If I Uninstall it phone reboots...
Please help.

Thankyou
For Xperia Z2,visit here




Like My Work ? Donate To Me So That I Can Contribute To More Devices
Always Hit Thanks If You Like My Work
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Ling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
netharshal13
Old
#5  
netharshal13's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 166
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ling View Post
For Xperia Z2,visit here
Thanks
 
anagramgenius
Old
(Last edited by anagramgenius; 16th June 2014 at 04:16 PM.)
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 313
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Mysore
Quote:
Originally Posted by drnaylwin View Post
Yes, it can root My Xperia Z 4.4.2 LB. super Su has been down loaded manually from playstore manually. The device gain root access, but super su cannot update binary. My only wish for rooting is to change system font and to backup TA partition, so after doing these, i unroot the device. Thats all OK.
download supersu from http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu and update binaries
Xperia ZL
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Remote Control Your Android Device with Monitordroid

The Android OS showsgreat potential in many areas. One of most interesting things that … more

Intel Partners with Unity to Support Android on Intel-Based Devices

Intel, largely known for their long-standing reputation as the king of … more

Device Review: Samsung Gear Live

Recently, Google announced Android Wear to the world. Android Wear is the Android-based initiative from … more

Forums Added for the Nvidia Shield Tablet and Sharp Aquos Crystal

Just a few days ago, wetook an in depth look at theNvidia Shield Tabletand … more