5,597,138 Members 45,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Shhh, you didn't see this...

Tip us?

vivftp
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Just ran some numbers and that Sony phone would be about 109.24mm tall and 57.88mm wide. Compare that against the 123.8 x 58.6mm iPhone 5.

IF this is Honami Mini then Sony are bloody wizards for being able to achieve something like that. Thickness is the only unknown factor. Sure it could be a low/mid range phone, or this could be a hoax... All the insiders seem to believe Honami Mini won't be seen until December at the earliest. What're the chances it'll be seen as early as IFA?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vivftp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jonfensu
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivftp View Post
Just ran some numbers and that Sony phone would be about 109.24mm tall and 57.88mm wide. Compare that against the 123.8 x 58.6mm iPhone 5.

IF this is Honami Mini then Sony are bloody wizards for being able to achieve something like that. Thickness is the only unknown factor. Sure it could be a low/mid range phone, or this could be a hoax... All the insiders seem to believe Honami Mini won't be seen until December at the earliest. What're the chances it'll be seen as early as IFA?
I dont think so. It seems like 115-116mm x 60mm.You can fit a 4.3" screen in this dimension. Take a look Visual Phone Size Comparison Q10 vs Razr M vs ZL Just take the Top and Bottom ZL Bezel

vivftp
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Here's an image of my scaling. The numbers are accurate

It's worth mentioning that a Sony exec let slip not too long ago that Sony was working on 4 and 5 inch phones. Assuming he wasn't rounding down, that could mean Honami Mini is in fact a 4" device, and not 4.3" as has been rumored.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vivftp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

katykate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivftp View Post
Here's an image of my scaling. The numbers are accurate

It's worth mentioning that a Sony exec let slip not too long ago that Sony was working on 4 and 5 inch phones. Assuming he wasn't rounding down, that could mean Honami Mini is in fact a 4" device, and not 4.3" as has been rumored.

so if your calculation is right, the gap between those two phone would be 1 cm apart approximately . so why there is a big difference on the shadows between both screens by zooming and adding some noise and lightning ? both phone should match up the reflections even when you took a photo while your hands is moving .

please correct me guys if im wrong
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment.php.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	2211798  

Darkimmortal
Old
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by katykate View Post
so if your calculation is right, the gap between those two phone would be 1 cm apart approximately . so why there is a big difference on the shadows between both screens by zooming and adding some noise and lightning ? both phone should match up the reflections even when you took a photo while your hands is moving .

please correct me guys if im wrong
They do match, and if you study the reflection closely, you can see that the Xperia is quite significantly thinner
  • Sony Xperia Z1 Compact D5503
  • Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP311
  • Samsung Galaxy S i9000
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkimmortal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

katykate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkimmortal View Post
They do match, and if you study the reflection closely, you can see that the Xperia is quite significantly thinner
yes maybe

Cuspide
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Why the table wood is quite sharp and the phones are blurry.... ?

Envoyé depuis mon C6603

katykate
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuspide View Post

Envoyé depuis mon C6603
yes it is to .

LitoNi
Old
(Last edited by LitoNi; 25th August 2013 at 09:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 594
Quote:

Envoyé depuis mon C6603
Both of these phones look like they were taken else where and the leaker decided to change the background.

looks too much like the Z instead of the leaked images of Honami. you can just tell by looking at the placements of the bottom mic, the proximity switch or ambient light sensor, the front facing camera, and the corners resembles the Z not the honami.

maybe, sony is introducing a mini z instead of a mini honami.

I really doubt sony can pack all the goodies of honami into a mini version without downgrading anything else. not unless its super thick, which in this case it is not.

edit: this photo can indeed be real, set a camera up with a tripod and slide both phones from the bottom towards up or the other way around and take a snap shot of them.

SONY VAIO Z
SONY XPERIA Z

Is your Xperia having issues? Try repairing it with Sony's PC Companion or Sony's Update Service first before posting.
Remember to back up your data before proceeding and do internal wipes [factory reset under settings] as well.

Use the latest FlashTool to flash FTF files if PCC and SUS fails to recognize or repair your Xperia.
Full tutorial on how to use FlashTool.

< Please hit the Thanks Button if I helped you.

drraptor
Old
Thanks Meter 293
Quote:

Envoyé depuis mon C6603
Focus, wood was in focus dear watson

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
Press Thanks if I was helpful

[List][Guide] Official Samsung JellyBean Leak guides, Roms and Kernels

[Tutorial][Guide]Tips & Tweaks which Don't require Root

Push Samsung to release Exynos Source Code!

If you get your dropbox from here we both will win extra 500mb of storage. To utilize it please do Install the dropbox client on your device.

Got a dropbox? How about a lifetime free VPS (Private Server)!