5,604,292 Members 49,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony Xperia Z best combination deals (UK)

Tip us?
 
nightwing369
Old
#1  
nightwing369's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Posts: 697
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nottingham
Info 2 Sony Xperia Z best combination deals (UK)

This purpose of this thread is to share information with one another on the best combination deals for the Sony Xperia Z from UK retailers.

So far, the best deal I've found (and I'll probably be going with this one) is with o2-UK (owned by Telefonica):

On & On tariff. £31.00 Monthly Cost. Up-front payment of £249.99. 24 Months contract length. Unlimited call minutes. Unlimited texts. 2GB Data. 1 month early upgrade. Add £10 a month for insurance.

Feel free to add other information on other great deals if you know of any.
Future hopes:
Unlock bootloader, use ICS/JB rom; &/OR get Sony Xperia™ Z OR
Sony Xperia™ V

now: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro - Android: MiniCM7 Pro - V21 by paul-xxx
previous custom rom: 2.1.1.Clean.0.0 by pfonck
before: Sony Ericsson W580i - Proprietary OS Java Platform 7
history: Sony Ericsson K300i - Proprietary OS Java Platform 3; Nokia 3510i - Series 30/40 software platform
vintage: BT Trium - ?


If my post helped you in any way , please click the .Thanks. button!
 
arcadebod
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: Feb 2013
Default Best Deal beat this

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing369 View Post
This purpose of this thread is to share information with one another on the best combination deals for the Sony Xperia Z from UK retailers.

So far, the best deal I've found (and I'll probably be going with this one) is with o2-UK (owned by Telefonica):

On & On tariff. £31.00 Monthly Cost. Up-front payment of £249.99. 24 Months contract length. Unlimited call minutes. Unlimited texts. 2GB Data. 1 month early upgrade. Add £10 a month for insurance.

Feel free to add other information on other great deals if you know of any.
I've just got a deal on three as an existing upgrade although I only had a 30 day rolling contract

£31 per month NO UPFRONT COST
5000 texts
2000 mins
5000 free three to three network calls
tethering included
ALL YOU CAN EAT DATA

I was pissed I'd missed the headphone offer but this deal seemed to nearly equal that deal

I'm actually on hold with three as we speak & I've been offered an even cheaper deal details to follow when the operator gets back off hold
 
craftycarper1
Old
(Last edited by craftycarper1; 6th February 2013 at 01:47 PM.)
#3  
craftycarper1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 240
Posts: 934
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northampton
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing369 View Post
This purpose of this thread is to share information with one another on the best combination deals for the Sony Xperia Z from UK retailers.

So far, the best deal I've found (and I'll probably be going with this one) is with o2-UK (owned by Telefonica):

On & On tariff. £31.00 Monthly Cost. Up-front payment of £249.99. 24 Months contract length. Unlimited call minutes. Unlimited texts. 2GB Data. 1 month early upgrade. Add £10 a month for insurance.

Feel free to add other information on other great deals if you know of any.
WOW.......£1233.99 over 2 years for a £500 phone!!
↑↑↑ Click above for my Userbars ↑↑↑
 
m00moo
Old
#4  
m00moo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 934
Join Date: Jul 2008
Default Re: Sony Xperia Z best combination deals (UK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing369 View Post
This purpose of this thread is to share information with one another on the best combination deals for the Sony Xperia Z from UK retailers.

So far, the best deal I've found (and I'll probably be going with this one) is with o2-UK (owned by Telefonica):

On & On tariff. £31.00 Monthly Cost. Up-front payment of £249.99. 24 Months contract length. Unlimited call minutes. Unlimited texts. 2GB Data. 1 month early upgrade. Add £10 a month for insurance.

Feel free to add other information on other great deals if you know of any.
That's a stupid deal. Look again on the site and u see way more better deals.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app


Please donate if you like my work~!
Thankyou
 
dee1979
Old
#5  
dee1979's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 38
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Belfast
I will probably get it from carphone warehouse instore £99.99 upfront & £26.00 pm for 24mths
on 02, 300mins+unlimited text+1gb internet then sell it a year later for the newest phone...
F**kin hate 24mth contracts...

I just have to sell my Nexus 4 first...
 
nightwing369
Old
#6  
nightwing369's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Posts: 697
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Nottingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00moo View Post
That's a stupid deal. Look again on the site and u see way more better deals.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Which ones? Any example please?
Future hopes:
Unlock bootloader, use ICS/JB rom; &/OR get Sony Xperia™ Z OR
Sony Xperia™ V

now: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro - Android: MiniCM7 Pro - V21 by paul-xxx
previous custom rom: 2.1.1.Clean.0.0 by pfonck
before: Sony Ericsson W580i - Proprietary OS Java Platform 7
history: Sony Ericsson K300i - Proprietary OS Java Platform 3; Nokia 3510i - Series 30/40 software platform
vintage: BT Trium - ?


If my post helped you in any way , please click the .Thanks. button!
The Following User Says Thank You to nightwing369 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
m00moo
Old
#7  
m00moo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 934
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing369 View Post
Which ones? Any example please?
The Three UK deal is better, or if 1gb is ok these are far cheaper (£100 to be exact).

£31.00 £149.99 24 Months Unlimited Unlimited 1GB = £894

£26.00 £249.99 24 Months Unlimited Unlimited 1GB = £874

There is also Cashback of £50.50 available on o2 if you go through a cashback site. I could also get O2 30% discount on a entire contract which reduces the price to £740 (£41, £50 phone, same 2gb) but i'm not a huge fan of o2 as I am experiencing now. V poor signal where i am


Please donate if you like my work~!
Thankyou
 
arcadebod
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 10
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadebod View Post
I've just got a deal on three as an existing upgrade although I only had a 30 day rolling contract

£31 per month NO UPFRONT COST
5000 texts
2000 mins
5000 free three to three network calls
tethering included
ALL YOU CAN EAT DATA

I was pissed I'd missed the headphone offer but this deal seemed to nearly equal that deal

I'm actually on hold with three as we speak & I've been offered an even cheaper deal details to follow when the operator gets back off hold
Got it as above now for £27 per month as above. I've got to cancel my previous order tomorrow when it apparently goes live. I could have has it for £23 a month without tethering but decided to keep that if three keep their promise not to increase existing prices when 4g rolls out

bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21322211
The Following User Says Thank You to arcadebod For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Akiainavas
Old
#9  
Akiainavas's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 350
Posts: 1,147
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Basingstoke

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00moo View Post
The Three UK deal is better, or if 1gb is ok these are far cheaper (£100 to be exact).
Somebody reported that Three UK phones will come with locked sim and unlockable bootloader. Might be a deal breaker for some - if it's true.



Xperia Z2ssssssssssss


ssssNeed help ? Send me a message, I'll try to help.

www.ifixit.com
Voice your support for the Self-Repair Manifesto!

www.ultimae.com
Panoramic Music for Panoramic People

 
m00moo
Old
#10  
m00moo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 934
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiainavas View Post
Somebody reported that Three UK phones will come with locked sim and unlockable bootloader. Might be a deal breaker for some - if it's true.
yes but, the chances of being locked on all other carriers are equal. Best deal for the phone isn't necessarily going to be meaning unlocked because no one knows as of yet.


Please donate if you like my work~!
Thankyou

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes