Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 41,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony Xperia Z best combination deals (UK)

Tip us?

juDGEY2k10
Old
Thanks Meter 71
headphones then

lloydbf
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I ordered online, but they wouldn't give you the MDR1s in the store either, because you could just cancel the pre order and keep the phones.

You'll get them sent to you according to this:

Quote:
13. In the event that your pre-order and purchase is one of the first 1000 pre-orders received by the applicable Participating Retailer a set of Headphones will be dispatched to you along with your handset, unless otherwise stated.

Alternatively your Headphones will be delivered to you in accordance with the delivery instructions of the Participating Retailer
Also, a headset is included standard in the box of the phone, so that's what it was.

arcadebod
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by juDGEY2k10 View Post
Free headsets for anyone who pre ordered at 3

[expertreviews.co.uk/smartphones/1297543/sony-xperia-z-pre-orders-go-live-free-headphones-for-first-1000-customers-on-three[/url]
They have all gone online within 48hrs of the offer also the 1000 allocated to the store ( 500 of = 2 pairs per store ) will also have gone by now I checked with 2 stores before getting my deal over the phone with Three's Indian sales team who seem to be able to offer incredible deals compared to the UK sales team..

lloydbf
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadebod View Post
They have all gone online within 48hrs of the offer also the 1000 allocated to the store ( 500 of = 2 pairs per store ) will also have gone by now I checked with 2 stores before getting my deal over the phone with Three's Indian sales team who seem to be able to offer incredible deals compared to the UK sales team..
Quote:
UPDATE: Sony has confirmed that the free MD1 headphones offer will apply to anyone pre-ordering the Xperia Z, not just Three's first 1,000 customers.
Wouldn't go with 3 either way though, heard they have fairly poor coverage, though I've only been with O2 and T-Mobile myself.

juDGEY2k10
Old
Thanks Meter 71
lol i o well ill be getting mine or it goes back, its all over the net that sony will honor free pair to anyone who pre orders we will have to wait and see

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Sony has confirmed that the free MD1 headphones offer will apply to anyone pre-ordering the Xperia Z, not just Three's first 1,000 customers

m00moo
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwing369 View Post
I think that 2GB data is going to be essential for the Sony Xperia Z (as a minimum - despite it being the highest ammount o2 offer) seeing as it uses 4G (which despite it being quicker than 3G means it will uses data more quickly). For 5 less (26) you'd get 1 GB less with unlimited calls and texts - but I don't think that amount of data would suffice. I think 31 per month is pretty good though for unlimited calls, texts and 2GB data
I think u got the whole idea of it wrong. YES the phone is 4G/LTE compatible. But however your tariff ISN'T, is is just 3G/HSPA therefore you will NOT be getting 4G speeds. Only EE at the moment are offering 4G speeds so therefore if you would like to take advantage of 4G you will need to wait until EE get it in.

You are giving yourself a false reason to go for the 2gb data tariff, if that is what you require fair enough. But it isn't going to be 4G just because your phone is 4G compatible

Please donate if you like my work~!
Thankyou

koooldude
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just bought mine from Carphone Warehouse on O2 - Unlimited texts and minutes, 1GB data for 26pm with 99.99 upfront. Seems really good.
Called to check about the headsets and she said she could see them in the warehouse but I bet they will send them out with the phones...

arcadebod
Old
Thanks Meter 2
ref UPDATE: Sony has confirmed that the free MD1 headphones offer will apply to anyone pre-ordering the Xperia Z, not just Three's first 1,000 customers.

Really that would be great I've got 3 on order at present..anybody got a link to the above quote ?

juDGEY2k10
Old
Thanks Meter 71
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/smart...omers-on-three

arcadebod
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yippee !!!! thanks for the link