5,606,297 Members 32,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sony Xperia Z best combination deals (UK)

Tip us?

fareeed
Old
Thanks Meter 172
The bootloader on the Z will most likely be locked down as has been seen in the past with carrier branded xperias. My o2 contract finishes in August and since I'm a nerd an unlockable bootloader is a must for me. I've seen that people are buying the phone from pretty much every network the phone's available on. So if it's not too much trouble would those of you who have pre-ordered the Z very kindly post your bootloader status, thanks
Sony Xperia Z

marcgear
Old
Thanks Meter 11
O2 have dropped the ball on this one with me i just phoned em to see what deals they got. See if they would come with some sort of loyalty bonus well.....

36pm, unlimited calls and texts, 2gb of data, 24 month £100 upfront.

looks like im paying up remaining months and moving on i was going to buy the hanset outright from Asda but out of stock.
So where is the best deal now i would like some large data allowance. mins not too important.

nightwing369
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Default Re: Sony Xperia Z best combination deals (UK)

If you're a Virgin Media TV, landline, Broadband customer ; then go with Virgin Media Mobile when they start offering the Sony Xperia Z, because you'll Unlimited Data as part of your contract

Sent from my U20i using xda premium
Future hopes:
Unlock bootloader, use ICS/JB rom; &/OR get Sony Xperia™ Z OR
Sony Xperia™ V

now: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini pro - Android: MiniCM7 Pro - V21 by paul-xxx
previous custom rom: 2.1.1.Clean.0.0 by pfonck
before: Sony Ericsson W580i - Proprietary OS Java Platform 7
history: Sony Ericsson K300i - Proprietary OS Java Platform 3; Nokia 3510i - Series 30/40 software platform
vintage: BT Trium - ?

If my post helped you in any way , please click the .Thanks. button!
The Following User Says Thank You to nightwing369 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cklow01
Old
Thanks Meter 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgear View Post
O2 have dropped the ball on this one with me i just phoned em to see what deals they got. See if they would come with some sort of loyalty bonus well.....

looks like im paying up remaining months and moving on i was going to buy the hanset outright from Asda but out of stock.
So where is the best deal now i would like some large data allowance. mins not too important.
Go to affordablemobile.com. They have 3 mobile the one plan that is chaper than 3 mobile itself and no upfront cost for the phone. Tethering is allowed as well as unlimited data and 2000 mins.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to cklow01 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robdevil
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcgear View Post

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/
The Following User Says Thank You to robdevil For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marcgear
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdevil View Post
Cheers fot that on it now.

chri55tof
Old
Thanks Meter 8
The best deal for ppl who are not calling much but browsing much http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/yourdeal/?_cid=71679224
26 per month, free phone and unlimited internet.
There is very similar on affordeble mobiles but 69 upfront.

treble4
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Sony Xperia Z with Sony MDR-1R Headphone - 12m Vodafone Contract - Total cost £564.00 + upto £70.70 Topcashback @ Phones4U
MORE FROM PHONES4U
Phones4U deals

DEAL TAGS:
sony, mobile phone, headphones, mobile phones... more

GET DEAL

sashahfound 1 day, 2 hours ago
Excellent deal on a Sony Xperia Z with free headphones - the phone is worth £500 and the headphones ~£175 (on ebay) so great value at under £500 with cashback

Vodafone Contract - Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB data, £47 per month on a 12 month contract
samsung galaxy s3
uk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to treble4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

parapaul
Old
Thanks Meter 16
All these deals are subjective...

It's all very well saying that T-Mob contract is the cheapest out there, but I can't use T-Mobile at work or at my parents', because there's no signal. Ditto for Orange and Three. VF are OK signal wise but I have the best signal with O2, so I had to choose one of their contracts.

Nexus 5 - Paranoid Android 4 Beta
Sony Xperia Tablet Z [SGP312] - OmniROM

Brought into the light by my old HTC Desire S with Flinny's CM10

koooldude
Old
Thanks Meter 2

I agree. I get no signal with Vodafone so would never go back to them. Also I get o2 open code so o2 will always be cheapest for me even if it does mean I have to sacrifice unlimited data

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app