Sony Xperia Z best combination deals (UK)

Search This thread

jock23

Apr 10, 2010
Annoying me now as I am due an upgrade on my t-mobile this month, but they aren't doing the phone. All the best deals are on t-mobile but I want to keep my number, not going through the hassle of porting to another operator first.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

craftycarper1

Feb 1, 2011
Northampton
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Annoying me now as I am due an upgrade on my t-mobile this month, but they aren't doing the phone. All the best deals are on t-mobile but I want to keep my number, not going through the hassle of porting to another operator first.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

No real hassle porting your number, get your PAC from T mobile, grab a £10 Tesco sim or something, port your number to them, then request your PAC from them next week and give it to T mobile when you get your new phone. It's only 3 phone calls.

antipesto93

Feb 7, 2010
now on a 12 month contract @ 47p/m (unltd mins, texts, 1gb) at phones 4u
(Vodaphone)

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

That's actually rubbish, if you go to affordablemobiles.co.uk the cheapest is still £26 per month?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium

i do see the 18.50 deal but its only for 100 mins / 100mb 24 months, costing you 444 over 2 years,
So unless you are actually going to get by with 100mins/100mb its better to go to amazon / asda
(Or maybe its a good deal if you just want an interest free way of spreading out the payments

jayman1986

Sep 3, 2010
London
now on a 12 month contract @ 47p/m (unltd mins, texts, 1gb) at phones 4u
(Vodaphone)

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

i do see the 18.50 deal but its only for 100 mins / 100mb 24 months, costing you 444 over 2 years,
So unless you are actually going to get by with 100mins/100mb its better to go to amazon / asda
(Or maybe its a good deal if you just want an interest free way of spreading out the payments

Actually correction: I've just found the deal using filter to look for 100 mins. Its isnt 444. Because you have a phone charge of 183.

So definitely not worth it.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium

Reactions: nightwing369

fareeed

Apr 16, 2012
Newcastle
The bootloader on the Z will most likely be locked down as has been seen in the past with carrier branded xperias. My o2 contract finishes in August and since I'm a nerd an unlockable bootloader is a must for me. I've seen that people are buying the phone from pretty much every network the phone's available on. So if it's not too much trouble would those of you who have pre-ordered the Z very kindly post your bootloader status, thanks :)

marcgear

Feb 9, 2013
Wolverhampton
O2 have dropped the ball on this one with me i just phoned em to see what deals they got. See if they would come with some sort of loyalty bonus well.....

36pm, unlimited calls and texts, 2gb of data, 24 month £100 upfront.

looks like im paying up remaining months and moving on i was going to buy the hanset outright from Asda but out of stock.
So where is the best deal now i would like some large data allowance. mins not too important.

nightwing369

Mar 8, 2011
Nottingham
www.youtube.com
If you're a Virgin Media TV, landline, Broadband customer ; then go with Virgin Media Mobile when they start offering the Sony Xperia Z, because you'll Unlimited Data as part of your contract

Sent from my U20i using xda premium

Reactions: marcgear

cklow01

Dec 27, 2010
O2 have dropped the ball on this one with me i just phoned em to see what deals they got. See if they would come with some sort of loyalty bonus well.....

looks like im paying up remaining months and moving on i was going to buy the hanset outright from Asda but out of stock.
So where is the best deal now i would like some large data allowance. mins not too important.

Go to affordablemobile.com. They have 3 mobile the one plan that is chaper than 3 mobile itself and no upfront cost for the phone. Tethering is allowed as well as unlimited data and 2000 mins.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/

treble4

Jan 13, 2010
lancashire
Sony Xperia Z with Sony MDR-1R Headphone - 12m Vodafone Contract - Total cost £564.00 + upto £70.70 Topcashback @ Phones4U
MORE FROM PHONES4U
Phones4U deals

DEAL TAGS:
sony, mobile phone, headphones, mobile phones... more

GET DEAL

sashahfound 1 day, 2 hours ago
Excellent deal on a Sony Xperia Z with free headphones - the phone is worth £500 and the headphones ~£175 (on ebay) so great value at under £500 with cashback

Vodafone Contract - Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB data, £47 per month on a 12 month contract

parapaul

Apr 27, 2008
West Midlands
All these deals are subjective...

It's all very well saying that T-Mob contract is the cheapest out there, but I can't use T-Mobile at work or at my parents', because there's no signal. Ditto for Orange and Three. VF are OK signal wise but I have the best signal with O2, so I had to choose one of their contracts.

koooldude

Nov 16, 2009
I agree. I get no signal with Vodafone so would never go back to them. Also I get o2 open code so o2 will always be cheapest for me :) even if it does mean I have to sacrifice unlimited data

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No way was the S3 £600. Ever. That is ridiculous because that would be more expensive than the iPhones which they never were. Even the Note 2 came out at about £550 which was considered pricey. So the drop in price isn'treally 33%, more like 20-25%. So for the XZ if following this you maybe would be looking at £350-£400 in 7 months time BUT i again very highly doubt so.... this is why.
    The reason the S3 dropped so drastically was because Samsung decided to release a 2GB LTE variant which is obviously better than the original 1GB 3G version. This again obviously affected the original S3's price tag causing it to plummet further than it should have. The S3 LTE is still fetching about 15% more than the original (Brand new on eBay £450). Samsung also have the Note 2 which is another flagship device in a larger size which appeals to different people. Unless sony release the same exact phone again but better or a variant of some sort then I can't see the price dropping so drastically UNTIL they announce a new flagship device of such quality.
    now now that deal of nightwing's was right at the start of the month and it wasn't the worst then :p there are just many better ones now. :p
    Right, I realise this is "playing the long game" but for me it's better. I didn't order from asda last night. I will wait until my 12 month simplicity On and On £20 per month unlimited calls/texts 1GB data contract expires on the 4/5th September. I will then see if VirginMedia Mobile have the Sony Xperia Z and will get it from them on contract. They have special deals they don't show online if your household is already with VirginMedia for Internet, TV and Landline. My Mum got an amazing unlimited calls/texts/data contract from them with the Samsung Galaxy Ace for free for £9 something for the first 6 months and then it goes up to £19.99 per month. This is "the long game" - this is what I will do and (for me it's completely worth it) I don't mind waiting. It will be amazing! :D :p

Sounds resonable.

I myself wouldn't switch right away - but i just want to get rid of my Note 2. Have no warranty and possibility of sudden death issue ( my friend's S3 died and they refused to repair it, that's why i'm worried ) I can't keep the warranty because i simply can't stand TouchWiz. I also don't like the design, i got it because it was the only 5"+ option - but I can still return it and get my money back, so that's what i'm gonna do. Note 2 is great, but i have my reasons to get rid of it - and Xperia Z seems like the only option for me where i'll be comfortable with specs, design and software so there's no need for me to flash custom roms and lose warranty.

Anyway, i got a reaply from ASDA - it is sim-lock free so i think i might order one from them instead.

BTW. In september we'll probably have better phones, but then i think Xperia Z will become very cheap due to all the new flagships etc, so if you're patient enough - i'm sure it'll be a good deal :)
    Sony Xperia Z with Sony MDR-1R Headphone - 12m Vodafone Contract - Total cost £564.00 + upto £70.70 Topcashback @ Phones4U
    MORE FROM PHONES4U
    Phones4U deals

DEAL TAGS:
    sony, mobile phone, headphones, mobile phones... more

GET DEAL

sashahfound 1 day, 2 hours ago
    Excellent deal on a Sony Xperia Z with free headphones - the phone is worth £500 and the headphones ~£175 (on ebay) so great value at under £500 with cashback

Vodafone Contract - Unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB data, £47 per month on a 12 month contract
    Had a great chat today with someone from o2. Definitely excited about the Sony Xperia Z - now just to get the best deal! :) Here are the most important points from the chat:

me: I was wondering whether in the future there will be seperate 4G tariffs to 3G tariffs, or whether they will be included as standard just like with Three. Would I need to buy a 4G data bolt on? I don't want to change from o2 to another network

o2 representative: I understand your concern. However, it'll be included in your standard tariff. You don't need to buy any other bolt on.

me: Once it is available with o2, of course

o2 representative: Yes, it'll be included in your tariff only when it'll be launched. You don't need to pay extra for 4G tariffs.

me: great so as part of the Data Allowance included in my tariff

o2 representative: Yes, but when it'll be launched. 4G data isn't included in your tariff now.

me: So if I get a 3G tariff say next month maybe; then by the time you release 4G coverage , would I need to pay any extra for that 4g ?

o2 representative: No, you don't need to pay extra for 4G. Your current tariff will be transferred to 4G network and your tariff and contact will remain as it is.

me: So it sounds like when the 4G is eventually released on o2, that it will be an increase in the possible mobile data speeds, at no extra cost

o2 representative: Yes, that's correct.

me: Will it require me to have a new sim card for 4G on o2-UK?

o2 representative: Yes, you'll have to change your sim to 4G sim but we'll send you the 4G sim when it's launched.

me: will that card work in Sony Xperia Z . Because the Sony Xperia Z is a 4G capable phone

o2 representative: Yes, it'll work for all smart phones. Don't worry, you'll get 4G sim so it'll work properly in that phone

me: great :) Right, so I was going to get my contract upgraded in March. Would I need a new sim?

o2 representative: No, you don't need to have a new sim. Your current sim will work in it.

me: So when I upgrade to that phone I simply put my current existing sim into the Sony Xperia Z

o2 representative: Absolutely correct.

me: great :) but what about when you have 4G , and 4G sim cards?

o2 representative: We'll send you the 4G sim when it's launched and transfer your number so that you can use it.

me: but before then I'll need to be using my 3G sim. So why will there be a need for a new sim when 4G is released on your network?

o2 representative: Because 4G sim will be different and more faster than 3G.

me: So it's the new sim that allows the phone to use 4G. it must be to do with the hardware of the sim, right?

o2 representative: Yes, that's right.

me: great and I will be notified as soon as you release 4G ? Will I need to request the new sim and transfer of my number, or will you simply post it to me?

o2 representative: You don't need to do anything. You'll be notified via email and we'll send you the sim via post. once you get it, just contact us and we'll transfer it. That will take 2-4 hours only.

me: And it's summer 2013 that you should start to provide 4G ?

o2 representative: As I said, we don't have any information about it so I don't want to give false commitment. We'll let you know when it's available. I hope you understand my limitations. But probably the end of 2013