[STOCK] [FTF][LOLLIPOP][C6616] 10.6.A.0.454_R1E USA compatible with C6606 T-mobile

Search This thread

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Xposed
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

memory leak module
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thetonyp.fixlollipopmemoryleak&hl=en

Sd card write permission
Use any root explorer eg.. ES file explorer
/system/etc/permissions/platform.xml
look for
name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"
and add
<group gid="media_rw"/>

save and reboot
The memory leak fix is already included in Sony Lollipop roms.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

hoodred

May 21, 2011
It is already in 5.0.2 Sony roms. See this thread.
Also see the XDA thread for the memory leak fix module here.

Unfortunately that only memory leak related to the boot animation screen
I owned xperia z (tmobile), z1s Tmobile z2 z3 and z ultra GPE and have tested them all
Only 5.1.1 completely stop the memory leak issue all other still experiencing memory leak.
Its Total BS for whoever stated manufacturer fix memory leak.
Android lollipop is google code, Sony or samsung has no access to fix it, only work around to an extent.
below is bug tracker on the google code

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=159738
" #35 al.. @Android.com
This has been fixed internally. We do not currently have a timeline for public release.
Labels: Restrict-AddIssueComment-Commit "

and temporary fix were
https://github.com/Elluel/android_frameworks_base/commit/e30ccdbeac2c53b04a389c7ffd8e9d500c93ef30
and
https://github.com/Elluel/android_frameworks_base/commit/da2133d046e59b590e51448eda31d710da217d40

From
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=7972

Project Member #239 e.. @google.com
looks like a dupe of http://b/17672241 fixed by

commit 5018df761ba7dfa443a9abc728ddcd20d51a75c2
Author: Michael Wright <michaelwr@google.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 17:46:09 -0700

Clean-up ColorFade's shaders and buffers.

Bug: 17672241
Change-Id: I73328ee4d83c3a8700b7b19b661bcaec7ada877f

M services/core/java/com/android/server/display/ColorFade.java

but https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=79729#c177 has a different alleged fix that you might want to look at.
Owner: michae.. @Android.com
Cc: michae.. @Android.com e.. @google.com

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
I'm not sure why you're arguing about this. I'm well aware that there are still some memory leaks in Sony 5.0.2 roms.

The memory leak fix module fixes one specific memory leak only. The ColorFade animation leak. If you actually read the thread by the module's developer that I linked you to instead of running off to find lots of material that I already read, then you will see that. The XDA thread is even linked to from the modules Play Store entry.

Go to the module's Play Store entry, then click on the XDA-Developers link in the description. You will find the following in there:

A module to get rid of the infamous Android 5.0.x ColorFade memory leak bug.
What this module doesn't do:
It won't fix other memory leaks than the ColorFade one (which is the most sincere in Android 5.0, though)

That specific leak is already fixed in Sony Lollipop roms. The developer of the module states this himself.

There's no need to use it on up-to-date CM12 ROMs, they already applied the patch in question with this commit.
Same thing for Sony Stock ROMs, the fix is already included, see here for more info.

Using that module on Sony devices is a waste of time and a placebo.

Manufacturer's are capable of patching stuff up without simply using Google commits. Even if they weren't, stuff that is pushed to AOSP is available to everyone.

I'm not posting this to belittle you or cause an argument. I'm simply informing you that module isn't needed on Sony devices. Nothing more. Please read the material I linked to and note who wrote them before disputing this further.

This is how people learn things, including myself. If everyone forged ahead with things they believe while ignoring clear evidence to the contrary, then nobody would learn anything. :)

Last edited:

hoodred

May 21, 2011
First you stated
The memory leak fix is already included in Sony Lollipop roms.

and Now
I'm well aware that there are still some memory leaks in Sony 5.0.2 roms.

How can it be Fixed if it still contains the Bugs

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

All I know based on my experience and testing once I installed the xposed module and greenify, it stop my xperia z from random reboots.
And if you have any other tips based on your experience and testing to stop the random reboots (on xperia z with lollipop roms) , feel free to share. :D

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
First you stated

and Now

How can it be Fixed if it still contains the Bugs

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

All I know based on my experience and testing once I installed the xposed module and greenify, it stop my xperia z from random reboots.
And if you have any other tips based on your experience and testing to stop the random reboots (on xperia z with lollipop roms) , feel free to share. :D
The specific leak that the module fixes is already fixed. You do not need to use the module.

Is that any clearer? If not, please go and read what the developer of the module wrote and I quoted here twice already.

BeachBum68

May 2, 2007
Salem
UPDATE: Looks like my phone is now in a boot loop of some sort.
I don't believe that this install was to blame but it's weird since it was running perfect since I last posted.
The odd thing was that I was just browsing in Chrome and it just crashed then tried to boot and got stuck in a loop.
Sony logo, black screen, repeat... no boot animation, period.
I was only able to shut it down with that power+up volume combo.
I'll see if I can re-flash it to clear it up today.

UPDATE: No dice. FTF flash failed. Going to have to research some more. :(

Last edited:

Dhickory

Jul 9, 2010
Just want to be clear about a few things before I go flashing any of this, and would appreciate any help. Been away from the Z scene for a while, but want to sell my C6606 with the latest Android version available.

My phone is currently on an older version of eXistenZ (4.4, .292 I believe).

I plan to update to latest Dual Recovery.

Am I good after that to just flash the .zip in the OP while on 4.4, and I'll be on a pre-rooted Lollipop? The other guides I've been reading to upgrade to Lollipop while maintaining root require flashing different parts of ftf's with flashtool like I've done in the past.

Does it matter which one I use, ftf or .zip? Is the .zip only if you have working recovery, and they both are pre-rooted?

Again, any help would be appreciated.

zackspeed

Aug 28, 2010
Asheville, NC
No Signal issue
I did have problem yesterday, but after calling T-Mo, it was them repairing the tower.
I get all LTE, i did input the APN manually .
You do have to realize if you are living in T-Mo high traffic/customer area, their tower prioritize for T-Mo stock ROM phone as first priority.
C6616 is identical to C6606 all the bands are also identical.
Its basically overstock C6606 re-branded as C6616 and sold as unlocked.

Can you tell me what baseband you are on? I am about to move to 5.0 myself though I will be going to existenz again. I get week signal myself on 4.4. But all the ftf files dont seem to have baseband now. Or its listed as something else in the newest flash tool maybe? From what I can gather I am currently on a newer baseband than what T Mobile issued. Thanks for any help.

soalerflare

Nov 12, 2016
Can someone please tell me how to boot into recovery mode again after successfully flashing the rom.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using XDA Labs

dirty_smurf45

Jul 9, 2014
Southern California
Can someone please tell me how to boot into recovery mode again after successfully flashing the rom.

In case you used XZDualRecovery on a locked bootloader:

XZDualRecovery Manual says you're supposed to reflash the recovery zip after flashing a ROM to prevent loss of recovery. I don't remember if this is only for locked bootloader, but this may have been your problem. I'm assuming you actually do know how to enter recovery, but can't. If you haven't done so already, the other way to install this recovery is through PC. Instructions for this can be found inside one of the recovery zips.

Last edited:

AndyrxJiang

Jul 24, 2017
Some questions about your method

I'm a serious newbie to flashing roms, and it seems my phone is fighting me every step on the way to remain on Android 4.3.
1) Where do you find the Nutz XZ Dual Recovery for the Xperia Z? I went on their website and even the older versions do not include one labeled for Xperia Z, only ZR, ZL, Z ULTRA, etc. Does it matter which one you use?
2) Do you have to do a factory reset to for this to work?
3) Does CW manager come with Nutz XZ Dual Recovery? If not how do you do install it?
4) How do you reboot into recovery? I tried downloading rebooting apps from the playstore but they don't really reboot into recovery. I tried hardware rebooting, but that doesn't work
5) where do you put the zip file for the rom?
Thanks! I'm just so confused

Huge thanks to the OP, hoodred !!!
I've been looking for a solution to T-Mobile's willful negligence of us Xperia Z (C6606) customers.
Now I wanted to share my experience and I hope it helps others who bought this phone thinking T-MO would support us.
First off, I'm no expert so I'm not responsible if you brick your phone or something else goes wrong.
I'm just passing on what MY experience was and I hope you can benefit from it.
Second, I'm no expert, as I've stated, so don't expect any tech support from me. XDA is a vast resource, but it takes some work to get the results you want.
All I can tell you is to use the grey matter between your ears and research (a lot) before you proceed. Make sure you know what you're doing.
Watch some of those youtube vids that show you step by step how to flash a new ROM.
I can't (won't) guarantee that this will work, all I can tell you is that it worked for me.

*** PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK ***

I was able to successfully load this (the OP's) firmware onto my T-Mobile C6606 which has a locked bootloader.
Yes, I made all the checks ahead of time, I checked the service menu and it does indeed say "Bootloader unlock allowed - No"
So I thought I was boned... But I tried installing Nut's XZ Dual Recovery and that worked.
Please note that I had already rooted with Towelroot.
Once I was at this point, I backed up all my files from the internal storage and made sure everything was synced with google.

Now I was committed; I did a factory reset to clean house, then rebooted into CWM.
First off I performed a backup in CWM, it took about 8 minutes.
Then, in CWM, I cleaned cache, cleaned dalvic, then did the "prep for new ROM option."
Once that completed, I had CWM install from the zip file from the OP, not the FTF (although I suppose that's another way to go...)
Flashing the new ROM was pretty quick and I just rebooted after.

First boot with the new ROM took a little longer, but it wasn't extremely long, I don't think it took more than 5-10 minutes.
Once it got to the new phone setup, I knew I was home free.
I entered my WiFi settings and google account and it just finished updating everything else on its own.
SuperSU was pre-installed so I didn't have any problem with TiBackup or any other rooted apps.

I hope this helps some of you T-Mobile people with one of these phones. I was going nuts waiting for them to release an update but that's just crazy.
I can't tell you how happy I am to finally be on LP. It's on 5.0.1 right now and I've experienced no real issues.
The phone got moderately hot due to downloading so much data over the WiFi and all the processing and setup but otherwise, it's been excellent.
The phone now says that it's a C6616 everything seems to work correctly:
Mobile Bravia Engine, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, mobile data (I'll check APN's today just to verify settings...), camera, etc. I haven't come across any faults, but I'll update if I do.
Big thanks to Sony for keeping their word and supporting their customers, Great job, Sony!
Thanks again to hoodred !!! You Rock!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Downloaded by Xperifirm
    Repackaged by Flashtool & PRF

C6616_10.6.A.0.454_R1E_USA.ftf
    MD5 : 21B83601302DA66596238F711BEAF219
    Flash it with Flashtool

Flashable Zip Rooted (TWRP or CWM)
    Rooted-C6616_10.6.A.0.454_R1E_USA.zip

Fully compatible with C6606 Sony Xperia Z T-Mobile.
    If you flash this on Tmobile C6606
    1. LTE works
    2. Google Wallet Tap & Pay works
    3 NO WIFI calling
    @hoodred
    Can we Flash this over Locked Bootloader of Xperia Z T-mobile????

All Sony t-mobile phone bootloader are locked.
    so Yes. i flashed this on my own locked bootloader T-Mo Xperia Z
    Finally, an end to the madness!!!

Huge thanks to the OP, hoodred !!!
    I've been looking for a solution to T-Mobile's willful negligence of us Xperia Z (C6606) customers.
    Now I wanted to share my experience and I hope it helps others who bought this phone thinking T-MO would support us.
    First off, I'm no expert so I'm not responsible if you brick your phone or something else goes wrong.
    I'm just passing on what MY experience was and I hope you can benefit from it.
    Second, I'm no expert, as I've stated, so don't expect any tech support from me. XDA is a vast resource, but it takes some work to get the results you want.
    All I can tell you is to use the grey matter between your ears and research (a lot) before you proceed. Make sure you know what you're doing.
    Watch some of those youtube vids that show you step by step how to flash a new ROM.
    I can't (won't) guarantee that this will work, all I can tell you is that it worked for me.

*** PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK ***

I was able to successfully load this (the OP's) firmware onto my T-Mobile C6606 which has a locked bootloader.
    Yes, I made all the checks ahead of time, I checked the service menu and it does indeed say "Bootloader unlock allowed - No"
    So I thought I was boned... But I tried installing Nut's XZ Dual Recovery and that worked.
    Please note that I had already rooted with Towelroot.
    Once I was at this point, I backed up all my files from the internal storage and made sure everything was synced with google.

Now I was committed; I did a factory reset to clean house, then rebooted into CWM.
    First off I performed a backup in CWM, it took about 8 minutes.
    Then, in CWM, I cleaned cache, cleaned dalvic, then did the "prep for new ROM option."
    Once that completed, I had CWM install from the zip file from the OP, not the FTF (although I suppose that's another way to go...)
    Flashing the new ROM was pretty quick and I just rebooted after.

First boot with the new ROM took a little longer, but it wasn't extremely long, I don't think it took more than 5-10 minutes.
    Once it got to the new phone setup, I knew I was home free.
    I entered my WiFi settings and google account and it just finished updating everything else on its own.
    SuperSU was pre-installed so I didn't have any problem with TiBackup or any other rooted apps.

I hope this helps some of you T-Mobile people with one of these phones. I was going nuts waiting for them to release an update but that's just crazy.
    I can't tell you how happy I am to finally be on LP. It's on 5.0.1 right now and I've experienced no real issues.
    The phone got moderately hot due to downloading so much data over the WiFi and all the processing and setup but otherwise, it's been excellent.
    The phone now says that it's a C6616 everything seems to work correctly:
    Mobile Bravia Engine, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, mobile data (I'll check APN's today just to verify settings...), camera, etc. I haven't come across any faults, but I'll update if I do.
    Big thanks to Sony for keeping their word and supporting their customers, Great job, Sony!
    Thanks again to hoodred !!! You Rock!
    Anyone else having a problem with random reboots with this ROM on the TMobile C6606. Mine will reboot out of the blue with no rhyme or reason. Tried uninstalling various apps to see if one may be the culprit but nothing so far.

Its due memory leak bugs on lollipop affecting stamina mode among other things.
    Especially if you have tons of apps running in the background.
    Even though Stamina mode killing or hibernatimg the apps, due to the bugs the it didnt clear the memory fast enough.
    Its Google fault not Sony
    It will get fixed once its updated to 5.1.1
    First it get sluggish than it will reboot to clear up the memory.
    Use Greenify instead, it'll help to a point or xposed lollipop memory bugs fix
    Does the Xposed framework install on Lollipop? I thought there was a big problem with that.
    Also, what the heck is up with the write permissions to the sdcard?
    What a pain in the a**. Definitely has been causing problems for some apps...
    Turn off stamina mode and use greenify, that's worked wonders for me. I also turn off auto sync until I leave work. That saves my battery a bit.

Sent from my C6616 using XDA Free mobile app

Xposed
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811

memory leak module
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thetonyp.fixlollipopmemoryleak&hl=en

Sd card write permission
    Use any root explorer eg.. ES file explorer
    /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml
    look for
    name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"
    and add
    <group gid="media_rw"/>

save and reboot