FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[STOCK ROM] [LB/UB] KitKat 230 NCBv2 pre-rooted with recovery and optional sdcard fix

363 posts
Thanks Meter: 201
 
By zippy01, Senior Member on 21st May 2014, 11:23 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th June 2014, 03:11 AM |#161  
timchew's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy01

I'm confused to the advice your giving. The stripped ftf is not just the kernel in fact it's everything apart from system as that's the zip.




All other roms ported this way are also the same.

Best regards

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

This rom doesn't include the stock kernel and hence you need to flash the stock kernel after flashing the rom or else phone won't start. Don't exclude anything and don't wipe anything and flash the ftf.

Roms by rajvee and niaboc have the kernel included. Hence, you can reboot after flashing the rom, and supersu zip for the case of rajvee's rom. Niaboc's rom has supersu included.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to timchew For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
18th June 2014, 07:43 AM |#162  
Rajeev's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chennai , I N D I A
Thanks Meter: 14,155
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timchew

This rom doesn't include the stock kernel and hence you need to flash the stock kernel after flashing the rom or else phone won't start. Don't exclude anything and don't wipe anything and flash the ftf.

Roms by rajvee and niaboc have the kernel included. Hence, you can reboot after flashing the rom, and supersu zip for the case of rajvee's rom. Niaboc's rom has supersu included.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app



Kindly Spell My Sexy Name As Rajeev
The Following User Says Thank You to Rajeev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th June 2014, 07:54 PM |#163  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 201
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timchew

This rom doesn't include the stock kernel and hence you need to flash the stock kernel after flashing the rom or else phone won't start. Don't exclude anything and don't wipe anything and flash the ftf.

Roms by rajvee and niaboc have the kernel included. Hence, you can reboot after flashing the rom, and supersu zip for the case of rajvee's rom. Niaboc's rom has supersu included.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The rom does include the stock kernel

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
19th June 2014, 09:25 PM |#164  
Swilly's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Market Deeping, Peterborough
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy01

The rom does include the stock kernel

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Hiya,

I'm trying to get all the info to be able to get my wifes Xperia Z to 4.4.2 rooted.
From what I can understand, and I'm not a noob here but not my phone and only just started looking at what is needed (she hates the new 4.4.2 with SD card problem !!)
a) Flash stock 4.2.2 ftf using sony flashtool
b) Root using DoomLord Easy rooting toolkit v17
c) Install pre-rooted 4.4.2 off this link.

I presume from reading some bits on here, if I install the V3 with SD Card I dont need to install anything else ??

Second problem, I am having an issue getting the zip file out of the torrent file, it is always showing as damaged. Can anyone put a copy of dropbox for me ??

Thanks

Swilly
19th June 2014, 09:58 PM |#165  
Gio_ital's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 84
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilly

Hiya,

I'm trying to get all the info to be able to get my wifes Xperia Z to 4.4.2 rooted.
From what I can understand, and I'm not a noob here but not my phone and only just started looking at what is needed (she hates the new 4.4.2 with SD card problem !!)
a) Flash stock 4.2.2 ftf using sony flashtool
b) Root using DoomLord Easy rooting toolkit v17
c) Install pre-rooted 4.4.2 off this link.

I presume from reading some bits on here, if I install the V3 with SD Card I dont need to install anything else ??

Second problem, I am having an issue getting the zip file out of the torrent file, it is always showing as damaged. Can anyone put a copy of dropbox for me ??

Thanks

Swilly

No need to downgrade anymore in order to get root. There is a new method to get root access on 4.4.2 stock rom.
See here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783863

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio_ital For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 03:25 AM |#166  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Anyone know a work around the voice text word correction force close?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes