Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[STOCK ROM][FTF] Xperia Z (C6603) 10.5.A.0.230 R1D Generic UK (Unbranded/UK)

OP pchandarana28

23rd October 2014, 10:13 AM   |  #11  
Flag Kent
Thanks Meter: 12

111 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

Yes, you can flash this to downgrade. You may have to wipe data though as sometimes your phone will bootloop if downgrading with no wipe. So my advice is to backup all your data before trying.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks King,

I have managed to downgrade but wasn't as straight forward as I'd have liked, first Flashtool had an error which I think was because I didn't have USB debugging on, I think with that on it installs an extra driver on the pc which then lets it install correctly...

Also after using PC Companion to back up my phone (and getting a 5.5gb file) when I then restored to my newly downgraded phone it only restored my pictures and videos, none of my apps or other data, it did say I had to manually install the apps again first for it to restore the data, and even when I did that it still didn't restore the data! lol

Not sure what the point of the phone back up is now

Also there are only a six themes to choose from, there were loads more on my original UK generic rom, the ones on this rom are pretty rubbish

But the good news is now my Star Wars Commander game is running smooth as silk again!
23rd October 2014, 10:26 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Thumbs up
Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread