Recognized Contributor
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 3,145

4,245 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulSal

Hi Guys!

I recently bought a sony xperia Z in hongkong. I checked the specs of the phone in the about phone and it is saying the model is C6603. I also used Antutu and cpu-z and also on pc companion and it always says C6603 model. It also has the LTE option in the mobile network. But I checked the IMEI online and it is saying xperia c6602.

I checked the service menu (*#*#SERVICE#*#*) software info>model and it is saying C6603 BUT on configuration the working bands doesnt show LTE. Is it possible that my phone is really a C6602 and just flashed with FW for C6603? Because i cannot get an LTE signal with my LTE sim on a LTE hotspot. The best i can get is only HSPA+.

Can anyone help if my phone is a C6602 or a C6603? Any help is appreciated.

If in the working bands on the service menu there is no LTE band, it means it cannot get LTE even if mobile networks has LTE option, is this correct? If it is, then i got screwed with my purchase.

The phone has probably been flashed with C6603 firmware like you said. The easiest way to tell what device you have is to look on the bottom edge of the device near the barcode. It's printed there.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
22nd September 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #112  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingvortex

The phone has probably been flashed with C6603 firmware like you said. The easiest way to tell what device you have is to look on the bottom edge of the device near the barcode. It's printed there.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I checked the barcode on the bottom of the phone and it says the model is C6603 with the IMEI also matching what was on the phone info. Everything in the phone is saying C6603 BUT not LTE bands in the working bands on the configuration in service menu.

If there is no LTE band in the working bands, does it mean it cant get LTE, even if in the mobile network there is LTE option to select?

Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread