Android: 4.2.2
Build number: 10.3.1.E.0.191
Kernel: 3.4.0-g32669e Tue Aug 27 15:43:41 2013
Branding: T-Mobile

Download:
http://d-h.st/VP2

superlantern

Jun 22, 2010
I'll give it a shot later and see, just have to figure which files to exclude after getting root. I'll let everyone know.

lhun

Dec 1, 2010
what would happen if I flash this on a c6602?

It likely wouldn't work, but it might. The baseband on the 6602 is very similar, but not exactly the same. If you used flashtool and SKIPPED baseband and kernel, it MIGHT work on the 6603 and 6602, but there is a risk of brick from what I understand. This phone is my daily and I haven't backed it up yet, but I might try it - with a locked bootloader you can't REALLY kill it, it's relatively safe (emergency recovery?) I have a 6603, and I've flashed 6606 baseband only in the past. The phone boots but once it initializes the radio, crashes. (likely because the kernel drivers for the radio are different then what baseband expects.)

This also may have been covered before and I would like to know if my above statement is true.

Last edited:

aquaman2004

Jun 16, 2014
It likely wouldn't work, but it might. The baseband on the 6602 is very similar, but not exactly the same. If you used flashtool and SKIPPED baseband and kernel, it MIGHT work on the 6603 and 6602, but there is a risk of brick from what I understand. This phone is my daily and I haven't backed it up yet, but I might try it - with a locked bootloader you can't REALLY kill it, it's relatively safe (emergency recovery?) I have a 6603, and I've flashed 6606 baseband only in the past. The phone boots but once it initializes the radio, crashes. (likely because the kernel drivers for the radio are different then what baseband expects.)

This also may have been covered before and I would like to know if my above statement is true.

so from what i understand, i can't/or should not install this on my c6602 as well? because if so, then i would like to know if you know of any alternatives, because i have an international phone and would like to keep using it with t-mobile, problem is their coverage is ridiculous and i love this phone so much i can not bring my self to get rid of it without getting the Z2 at least. i found the Wi-Fi calling feature is perfect for my situation, but its only on t-mobile phones and im hoping its on t-mobile ROMs as well. can anyone guide me towards the light? i'd really appreciate the help :fingers-crossed:

nickcaper

Jun 2, 2012
Hello.
Can anyone provide the newest update for the c6606 in a ftf?
It just rolled out recently and I do updates exclusively through flashtool.
Thank you

deerhurst

Apr 1, 2012
Hello.
Can anyone provide the newest update for the c6606 in a ftf?
It just rolled out recently and I do updates exclusively through flashtool.
Thank you
If of you have experience with flash tool I will suggest skipping the TMo update and selecting a 4.4.2 kit kat ROM that will work for you.

nickcaper

Jun 2, 2012
If of you have experience with flash tool I will suggest skipping the TMo update and selecting a 4.4.2 kit kat ROM that will work for you.

I have experience with that. Can you pint me in the direction of a link with that rom ?
I am guessing it is flashable and fully functioning with flashtool?
Thanks

nickcaper

Jun 2, 2012
Are you rooted? With the Z I have only had the opportunity to flash a ROM with TWRP then flash the kernel with flash tool.

I am rooted but I have found a way to do so in a rather abnormal way.
I use xz recovery app to get to twrp. I have rooted the phone using Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v33
This method I use works 100% all the time.

I have a locked bootloader so this routine I use seems to be the only method to work.

WHen I need, I use flashtool to restore everything to stock.

I think the newest update with ftf would be the next best step for be to acquire.

I dont like trying to flash kernels. Too much involved. This particular phone has posed a huge troublesome step by step method to get it where it is now.
To go and learn new methods would be a daunting task.

Top Liked Posts