[TUTORIAL] ROOT Sony Xperia Z - EASY! (C6603,C6602,L36h)

Search This thread

yowvan

Jun 26, 2014
About rooting and flashing

I am having serious battery issues when I updated my Xperia Z to 4.3. I have some question about rooting and flashing

Will my battery issue be solved when I downgrade my phone to 4.2 or 4.1.2?
Will my phone have the same performance as before if I root because I have heard that phones get block or become buggy or slower in performance?
Will my phone be same as I bought it with android 4.1.2 (no battery problem when I bought it) if I don't change any administrative system?

Please do reply me :D
thanks

Loloste

Jul 12, 2014
What do I do with the chinese thingy afterwards ?

Thanks a lot ,especially for not nerdy computer/phone geek like me (I know NOTHING about these things ,yet it was rather easy to do ) .Ahem guys ,just a question .What do I do afterwards with the chinese thingy (from the 2nd method) installed on both my computer and my Xperia ?? Do I get rid of it or not ? And if yes , HOW ?? :) Please urgent !!

UPdan

Aug 29, 2014
Wanting to do my first root.. :p

Have a 6603, what ROM can I use?? It is a 4.3 JellyBean (haven't done the 4.4 update).
Can I use the Towelroot link?

Thanks heaps :)

UPdan

Aug 29, 2014
My Location

I'm in Australia, Different Roms for different countries isn't it?
Regards Dan

M

mantalamo

Has anybody tried this on Xperia Z C6603 FW .233? Specially the 1st option of rooting? Does it also work on Locked Bootloader?

Last edited:
M

mantalamo

Neither of the methods in this thread (or any older method by goroh_kun or DooMLoRD) work on 230/233.
Use this.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
I yried this towel root but my Z is prompting me of problem parsing the apk. I don't know why/ Though I already asked in that thread. Thanks anyway

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Root failed.
Script error
on 4.4 version
Really? It doesn't work on 4.4? Did you read the first post before proceeding?

WARNING: Only works with firmwares under 4.3!

It's a good idea and expected of everyone to read the first post of threads before using any mods/software or asking for help. ;)

Now that's out of the way, if you're using a 4.4.2 rom, then simply use towelroot to root. If you're on 4.4.4, then it's slightly more complicated. Guide here.

Last edited:
Reactions: karthik0001

anannaja

Dec 4, 2014
Help me! pls.

After i root my xperia c6603 complet, i can't using my mobile data. i can use wi-fi only.

dashan.00786

Jun 4, 2015
how to root Xperia Z L36h, 4.4.4 Kitkat, .292

Brother how can I root my device, Xperia Z L36h, 4.4.4 Kitkat, .292
Kindly help me with this.

bizugodaterra

Dec 6, 2013
Xperia z Lollipop 5.1.1 bootloader locked

Any update on this since the phones have upgraded to Lollipop?

Hi guys...anything on Lollipop 5.1.1 ..bootloader is locked and cant get unlocked...i tried almost everything...the xperia z is a hard one to crack..lol:confused:
Not even the root works...:crying:
unfortunately i'm no genius to do it by myself...so i beg my masters...please teach me..lol:fingers-crossed:

DoubleYouPee

Jul 28, 2011
1. Downgrade with latest flashtool to whatever firmware you can easily root, and root it.
2. Install dualrecovery.
3. Download 5.1.1 firmware with flashtool.
4. Use PRF creator to pre-root downloaded firmware.
5. Flash pre-rooted firmware with recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: Only works with firmwares under 4.3!
    Since Kingo has now replied and the IMEI issues have been resolved, here is my tutorial on how to get root privileges on your Xperia Z safely and even more important easily! No need to worry about bricking now ;) I will also post an alternative method that is just as easy!

So, here we go:
    1. Download this file here: http://goo.gl/AIUANa
    2. Install it on your computer (you can remove it later)
    3. Open the installed program
    4. Connect the phone to the computer
    5. Go in settings and in developer options and then enable USB debugging
    6. Click on ROOT!
    7. The phone will now reboot, ROOTED! You are welcome! Please thanks if it helped!

Alternative method(10% more difficult). The only problem is that this is chinese language, so you have to click the exact buttons I tell you.

1. Download this file: http://goo.gl/U6Jwaf
    2. Install the software, using the installation buttons as you would on any other windows installation.
    3. When you have installed it, you will see a green button, press it. Then connect your phone on USB debugging mode.
    4. When the phone is connected the software will recognise the phone and the green button will show "ROOT", click on it.
    5. The phone is going to be rooted in some seconds and the process is finished when it will show a tick on the software.
    6. The phone will reboot.
    7. When it is rebooted, go to google play and download super su.
    8. Open super su and it will ask you to update the binaries, and you must click on update, and then normal.
    9. A window in chinese will pop up on the phone, this is the screen that allows you to give root permissions to any app. You must click the button on the right.
    10. You are done! Root process is complete!
    11. This is the most important step. Leave a thanks! If you liked the tutorial, please show it to me!

Post below if you have questions or don't understand!
    Or use this tool by trusted developer bin4ry that will root the same firmware versions (.67 and older) and doesn't need an internet connection to root your device - Root many Android

Not working for me on 4.3

It says "Need Root" to download the requisite dependency files then FAILED :(
    Yeah but you need to have adb tools installed right?

No, unless Bin4ry removed them from the tool since I last used it (unlikely).

Even if you did, it's preferable to use it over Kingo/Vroot that both send hardware IDs to China as part of the process. Security and transparency should not be sacrificed for ease of use.

Before you give me the usual line that Kingo doesn't collect anything, I suggest you look on their official Facebook page. They admit they collect various data from your device. Look at the images they posted on 7th November 2013, where they state that they collect hardware IDs and serial numbers.
    Also, they were caught modifying open source software for their tool and only admitted that once caught.

Anyway, their tool is nothing but a collection of other people's work passed off as their own and nobody on a development site such as this should be recommending use of software created by bottom feeders like that.

Perhaps change the thread title to reflect that only 4.2.2 and older is rootable by these methods. ;)