New update for Xperia Z: 10.4.1.B.0.101

Search This thread

iDroid8

Dec 18, 2012
London
I'm trying out the new keyboard and it auto replaces to Mandarin (Chinese). I've set the language as English UK, any ideas?

EDIT: Forget it, I had my default keyboard set to Chinese rather then International.

AndroidFreud

Jan 10, 2011
Second day running on the "latest" update and I can safely say, the battery life is shiite! Why didn't I just stay with the 4.2 update :( The battery life was really awesome back then...

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app

Raider0001

Apr 26, 2011
I still have Chrome Beta "not logged in" error which doesn't allow me to login when i press the button.

tomitsu

Jan 8, 2012
Than it should work... I only did what I wrote 2 posts back, nothing else...

Wysłane z mojego L36h przy użyciu Tapatalka

INZANEDUD

Feb 14, 2012
South America
Yesterday morning, I updated with PCC to jelly bean 10.4.1.B.0.101 (I am from South America), everything went fine. After reboot my phone, another software update pop up in task bar: 10.4.B.0.569 so I connect again with PCC but it didn't recognize the new update (??) I saw some message related to unable to connect with online server :S

shoey63

Recognized Contributor
Wrong. The issue has been adressed with Kingo devs weeks ago. And now it is considered safe to use Kingo.

It still can't root. 569 or. 101 though. I used it yonks ago, when they were mining IMEI's (and whatever else) so I personally don't care. But if it can root latest firmware, I will use it again. Nothing to lose, seeing as they already have everything they initially set out to get :eek:

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Howell

Jul 19, 2004
Sony Xperia Z
Nexus 7 (2013)
It still can't root. 569 or. 101 though. I used it yonks ago, when they were mining IMEI's (and whatever else) so I personally don't care. But if it can root latest firmware, I will use it again. Not

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

AFAIK There is NO way to root .569 or .101 firmwares directly.
You have to root a 4.2.* firmware with your favorite method (kingo or more classic mean) and then install firmware .101 via OTA or FTF.

I did (by OTA) and my root survived because I use PAID version of SuperSu with OTA survival mode (beware : this does not always work).

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Wrong. The issue has been adressed with Kingo devs weeks ago. And now it is considered safe to use Kingo.

Source? I'm interested in this, as Kingo admit themselves that they still take a lot of data from your device during the rooting process, then simply say that they need it for the tool to function. Strange how the open source tools created by responsible devs on XDA do not need to send any data to a remote server.

The last I saw, pulser_g2 said he didn't want the tool here, then deleted the thread that was recommending it.

Any chance of a link to where it's been said officially that Kingo is OK to link to on XDA now, as I would be surprised to see that somebody here came out and said a closed source tool is completely "safe". :)

Hi

Do u have to reinstall all apps and widgets after system update?

If you update via OTA or PC Companion, then you will not have to reinstall anything.

sonyupdate

Last edited:
Reactions: shoey63

tony7214

Jun 9, 2010
Speaker not working !!

I have read the previous pages that someone has problem with the internal speaker, and I have the same problem too.
The problem is that the phone "think" a headset is connected to the device, so the sound will go to headset but not speaker.
I don't know why this happen. I tried a full wipe to install some .101 rom here, using sony PC companion to upgrade, even I tried the update service.

I don't think it's a hardware problem, because speaker work on .569, .244, .2.67, .423
I have locked bootloader
why??

Reactions: sea2605

Raider0001

Apr 26, 2011
Something was wrong with my phone today, settings menu couldn't be opened and than the update system app couldn't be opened :eek:

gstrong

Jul 28, 2010
Dublin
I have read the previous pages that someone has problem with the internal speaker, and I have the same problem too.
The problem is that the phone "think" a headset is connected to the device, so the sound will go to headset but not speaker.
I have locked bootloader
why??

This is happening to me too -- on the Sony forums they are suggesting it's an interaction with the latest version of Chrome, and that it happens when the browser is in the background. If this is so then removing Chrome (or maybe just removing the updates) will help, and either updates to Chrome or a FW update will fix it properly.

I can't link directly (not enough posts on XDA!) but following the link from here to the sony forum, and then the go to the last page in that thread and follow the link in the last post to the main discussion.

Reactions: tony7214

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would do but my BL is unlocked so can't!! Won't update ota or via seus.....Sorry!!!::(

Give me about 2 hours, uploading the FTF using a slow connection here. Will post in General section once it's done ;)
    A new update is going to be relased by sonymobile...
    10/02/2014
    Update relased for the following customizations:
    -Generic SG,Singtel SG(Singapore)
    -Vodafone ES(Spain)
    -Generic UA(Ukraine)
    -Vodafone DE(Germany)
    -Generic PH(Philippines)

I'll upload Vodafone DE ftf soon, which has Sony Entertainment network account

changelog:
    -Enhanced user experience
    -Improved battery life
    -Software performance improvements
    10.4.1.B.0.101 Generic UA

here is the link as I promised. Sorry bit too late as I have a slow connection :S
    Xperia Z (C6603) 10.4.1.B.0.101 Generic UA (Unbranded Ukraine)

extract the rar file and flash using flashtool

Download from Mega

ftf MD5: 36CC615F184EFE7853D65D2355CE5CE4
    i think its just released in signapore now. i have a rooted 4.3 and changed my cust. number now i get the update from SUS. now downloading the new firmware

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

no mates no update installing. it installs same firmware 569