FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Usb-nic eth

648 posts
Thanks Meter: 62
 
By marcoplo, Senior Member on 15th April 2014, 11:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
It would be very useful to share that ....
Did you know that apple usb ethernet nic model:A1277 works (via otg)with xperia Z without root nor unlocked boot loader . That mean you have 100 mbps wired to your phone!

Very useful while downloading games or updates ...

Proof icon replacement in wifi signal area
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-15-23-30-30.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	2688665  
Last edited by marcoplo; 15th April 2014 at 11:38 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to marcoplo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
16th April 2014, 06:42 AM |#2  
gripfly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 416
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoplo

It would be very useful to share that ....
Did you know that apple usb ethernet nic model:A1277 works (via otg)with xperia Z without root nor unlocked boot loader . That mean you have 100 mbps wired to your phone!

Very useful while downloading games or updates ...

Proof icon replacement in wifi signal area

Thanks for share mate, it sounds interesting!

So you have really 100mbits or is it a theoretical value which the Z don't reach?
16th April 2014, 08:34 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripfly

Thanks for share mate, it sounds interesting!

So you have really 100mbits or is it a theoretical value which the Z don't reach?

I am not sure, since did not do much testing but from what i can see it pretty responsive...

Before on wifi i got copy/moving speed about 1mbps on the wired i got over 5/6mbps
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-16-00-15-36.png
Views:	197
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	2689252  
16th April 2014, 09:59 AM |#4  
Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Do you know if it's possible to activate a Wi-Fi hotspot when connected to ethernet?
16th April 2014, 02:53 PM |#5  
TechGuru_x10's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Calcutta
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoplo

It would be very useful to share that ....
Did you know that apple usb ethernet nic model:A1277 works (via otg)with xperia Z without root nor unlocked boot loader . That mean you have 100 mbps wired to your phone!

Very useful while downloading games or updates ...

Proof icon replacement in wifi signal area

Where did you configured the ethernet settings in phone. Could you please share the screenshot?

Sent From XPERIA Z ::: Stock, Locked & Rooted ( SLR )
17th April 2014, 11:12 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGuru_x10

Where did you configured the ethernet settings in phone. Could you please share the screenshot?

Sent From XPERIA Z ::: Stock, Locked & Rooted ( SLR )

I did not do any config I just plug and its play. My phone is pure sony no root or unlocked bootloader
23rd April 2014, 06:14 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 16
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoplo

It would be very useful to share that ....
Did you know that apple usb ethernet nic model:A1277 works (via otg)with xperia Z without root nor unlocked boot loader . That mean you have 100 mbps wired to your phone!

Very useful while downloading games or updates ...

Proof icon replacement in wifi signal area

interesting

can you change the configuration? like IP address, DHCP?
Or maybe can you try 1000mbps NIC?

But of course I know USB speed is limited 480mbps theoritical,
just need about 200-300mbps maybe.
24th April 2014, 01:07 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
anyone tried this with different cable?
eg this?
http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-C.../dp/B0041ULUQ8
I saw similar in one of shop for about 20euro... if it would work that would be awesome...
24th April 2014, 08:06 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 62
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinaro

anyone tried this with different cable?
eg this?
http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-C.../dp/B0041ULUQ8
I saw similar in one of shop for about 20euro... if it would work that would be awesome...

Yes I did, but did not work
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes