Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 39,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who's happy with the new update -I am

Tip us?

metcard
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I am disappointed with the battery drain in standby by Android OS - I have stamina enabled.
I also don't like the new keyboard, i preferred the old one much better, and also don't like how there is a pop up for when you tap the brightness shortcut on the notification bar.
The UI looks better, but overall I would be happier with the old firmware.
If they fix or someone finds a solution to the wakelock bug with Android OS, I'll be satisfied.

Tommy-Geenexus
Old
Thanks Meter 652
Quote:
Originally Posted by bern4d1 View Post
One thing that made me wanna buy this Xperia Z is the ability to capture good pictures in low-light condition. But after this update, the quality is very poor. Even Oppo Find 5 (chinese branded phone) can takes better pictures than my Xperia Z in low light condition. It's a shame...
Do you know that the oppo find 5 is on par with the XZ?

It has atleast the same cam, better display and speakers, same processor but a bad battery time.
And comes unlocked out of the box.

Only the bad battery time kept me away from buying it.

Sent from my white Xperia™Z

SalamiQueen
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Now that I've had a play, I am 50/50. Overall it's a good update!

Just a few small things I don't like, mostly visual stuff such as the white widgets which just doesn't look good on my black background
Keyboard looks nice but will take getting used to, don't like that the timestamps aren't within the messaging box but below them? The colour scheme/theme also looks horrible now that they've dulled it down & not as vibrant. Hate that the top/bottom bars & boxes are grey again when you're in messaging/apps etc lol, whyyy!? The black was so much better! Should have given us the options to change it to black or grey instead.. Oh & they need to get rid of that 'swipe to unlock' message still...

BUT; have noticed that it's much snappier now. Love the camera's new apps that can be added, most of all I LOVE how you can use the volume key as a shutter!

Zewarxx
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalamiQueen View Post
Thank you
So it's just visually a little different, just more rounded edges?
I thought it was all squashed up to one side from what I heard.
Will update now then!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49145865

the new keyboard 4,3 (Y)

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

Hit thanks if i helped
phones:
Sony Z (c6603) running stock 4.4.2 locked bootloader rooted
xperia x8 running gdx 31b locked bootloader

colacin
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I generally dislike the UI changes. I don't like the white theme at all - looks too much like an LG or Samsung. I don't like the launcher changes and will use Nova even though I did like some of the default launcher widgets.

Typing on the keyboard seems to work better (somehow) and it looks a little different but I can't tell what's actually changed.

I thought 4.2.2 was pretty smooth so I don't notice anything there.

The default email app seems better but I'd given up on it so long ago I don't think I'll use the new one. Why can't Android have a usable email app that isn't Gmail??

Overall, I'm not enthused about the update. If there was an easier locked-bootloader root method I'd be more positive about it.

This update has moved me to unlock the bootloader and give PAC, Omni, or CM a try.
The Following User Says Thank You to colacin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alexpraga
Old
Thanks Meter 51
IMHO the new native apps (email, calendar,...) look really modern. The white background on settings is neutral to me as this is just under the hood.

Sent from my Xperia Z
The Following User Says Thank You to alexpraga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fernando823
Old
Thanks Meter 5
The things that I don't like from this update:

-The new KEYBOARD uses up to 3 languages at the same time, and doesn't let you change manually from one to another. That's a shame,cause I normally use 4 every day, so even if 3 is super cool and should work for most people, not for me, I would like to be able to chose the old behaviour.
I don't use Chinese at all and I can not unselected it.

-The new launcher for the camera from the lock screen makes a sound, and I couldn't find a way to avoid this.

-The new superior mode doesn't allow you to use 12MP at 4:3 (which is my favourite), only 9MP at 16:9. Also, pictures have more noise and look very blur when low light

-The apps display, when you select the "most used" order, only shows 20 apps.

-I had some bluetooth connecting issues that I didn't experience before.

Bilal100
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have bluetooth connecting issues.
I cannot hear sms notification via bluetooth anymore

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

OverTheEdge
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The update was great in the UI and features aspect but in terms of performance and bugs, I'm not quite satisfied. I'm having FC Chrome more often than I was on 4.2.2 and the image quality of the camera has gone down as well.

jnocomski
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
The only thing that i missed is the semi-transparent navbar and statusbar when using Nova. Oh, and the old themes.
Past - Present Android Devices

Present Android Device: Sony Xperia Z Ultra - C6802 - 14.2.A.1.136 - Stock - Bootloader UL - Rooted
Backup Android Device: Sony Xperia C - C2305 - 16.0.B.2.13 - Stock - Rooted