Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wifi always on

Tip us?

Onmehedson
Old
(Last edited by Onmehedson; 28th June 2014 at 12:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsteppa View Post
Uhm, I do think that it has been proven that, that actually uses more of your battery.

Ah...O.K ... I had better turn it off then and maybe my battery will last the whole week...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-28-09-35-29.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	2822037  

bloodsuckingcomputer
Old
Thanks Meter 31

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmehedson View Post
Ah...O.K ... I had better turn it off then and maybe my battery will last the whole week...
Now, that is some crazy ass battery life, but, I wonder how long does the screen been turned on? Then I'll get a clearer understanding of it ,if you don't mind .

Kocayine
Old
(Last edited by Kocayine; 28th June 2014 at 02:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsuckingcomputer View Post
Now, that is some crazy ass battery life, but, I wonder how long does the screen been turned on? Then I'll get a clearer understanding of it ,if you don't mind .
Must be something like 10-20 minutes, lol.

Regarding "always scanning", I dont think it's something that uses alot of battery. Probably even more battery friendly than other "location" services. Just because it labels WiFi as always on, doesnt mean it uses as much battery as actually being connected to a network. Personally, I don't care for all this location nonsense so it's obviously off. Regarding the location-based wifi, it's only smart if you don't know how to toggle WiFi when leaving your house, etc.
Please quote my posts if you are replying to one of my posts, that way I'll get notified.

Onmehedson
Old
(Last edited by Onmehedson; 28th June 2014 at 03:41 PM.) Reason: missed summut out
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodsuckingcomputer View Post
No probs Bloodsucker !... Screen on 13% of 34 hours = 4.5 hours..This is my everyday day phone.I would consider myself to be a light-medium user , I dont play games used for voice calls ( 5-10 calls), text messages, used as a time piece (checked every 1/2 hour or so), 2 weather apps constantly updating as I move around a lot, GPS always on , bluetooth always on, maybe 1-3 youtube vids a day..screen turns of after 1 mins inactivity...

Running existenz 1.5.5 dark edition on a locked bootloader.. using Next launcher 3D and a live wallpaper...

hope that helps ..

Kocayine
Old
(Last edited by Kocayine; 28th June 2014 at 04:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmehedson View Post
No probs Bloodsucker !... Screen on 13% of 34 hours = 4.5 hours..This is my everyday day phone.I would consider myself to be a light-medium user , I dont play games used for voice calls ( 5-10 calls), text messages, used as a time piece (checked every 1/2 hour or so), 2 weather apps constantly updating as I move around a lot, GPS always on , bluetooth always on, maybe 1-3 youtube vids a day..screen turns of after 1 mins inactivity...

Running existenz 1.5.5 dark edition on a locked bootloader.. using Next launcher 3D and a live wallpaper...

hope that helps ..
The phone maxes around 5-6, MAYBE 7 (I've never come near that though), hours of screen on time in total.

The 13% means that 13% of the battery used going from 100% to 72% was from the screen.

Tap "screen" in the list of battery usage and it will tell you how long it has been on.

This one's mine... ca. 70% brightness:
Please quote my posts if you are replying to one of my posts, that way I'll get notified.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kocayine For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Onmehedson
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kocayine View Post
The phone maxes around 5-6, MAYBE 7 (I've never come near that though), hours of screen on time in total.

The 13% means that 13% of the battery used going from 100% to 72% was from the screen.
Thank you sir for the explanation... I thought it couldn`t be right!