5,595,428 Members 47,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Xperia Z][INFO][REF] All the info you need before you begin

Tip us?

binh462132
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default USB driver

I need use driver for window 7 64bit. i install fastboot fail. Please help me. Thanks a lot

DooMLoRD
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 34150
Quote:
Originally Posted by binh462132 View Post
I need use driver for window 7 64bit. i install fastboot fail. Please help me. Thanks a lot
http://icxperia.com/doomlord/Flashtool-drivers.exe
Like my work? Please consider donating via PayPal

Lead Developer of Team UtterChaos & Member of Team ICX

Creator of DooMKernel making those Snapdragons fly higher and faster

Android Devices I use : Sony Xperia Z1, Z, SP, T | WISHLIST: Sony Xperia Z2

Contributions : Generic Android / Xperia X10 / Xperia 2011 devices / Samsung Galaxy S2 / Huawei Ideos X6 / Samsung Galaxy SCL (i9003) / HTC Flyer / Kindle Fire / HTC JetStream / Xperia P, Sola, U / HTC One X / Xperia S / Xperia T, V, TX / Xperia Z, ZL, Tablet Z / Xperia SP / Xperia Z1 / Sony ZU GPe / Xperia Z1 Compact / Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet / Xperia T2 Ultra

My Apps on Google Play Store | Follow me on Twitter!
The Following User Says Thank You to DooMLoRD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Haldi4803
Old
Thanks Meter 166
This is the second time reading this Text.... but i'm still not sure if it's not writen or i missed it twice.

If i wan't to flash a Kernel (ROM also?) i neet unlocked Bootloader?
Unlocking Bootloader works easy... but you loose your Waranty?
When you've Unlocked Bootloader is there any way to check this without extra apps /hardware ?

I think of maybe retourning my Xperia Z, but i really wan't to test Kernel & Stuff before. So you think they will realise that its Unlocked if i hand it over to them or not? Not sure yet if it's worth the 666CHF i've paid...

DooMLoRD
Old
Thanks Meter 34150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803 View Post
This is the second time reading this Text.... but i'm still not sure if it's not writen or i missed it twice.

If i wan't to flash a Kernel (ROM also?) i neet unlocked Bootloader?
Unlocking Bootloader works easy... but you loose your Waranty?
When you've Unlocked Bootloader is there any way to check this without extra apps /hardware ?

I think of maybe retourning my Xperia Z, but i really wan't to test Kernel & Stuff before. So you think they will realise that its Unlocked if i hand it over to them or not? Not sure yet if it's worth the 666CHF i've paid...
unless there is a root exploit for stock ROM u will not be able to flash any ROM...

Whether or not u lose warranty depends on the warranty policies in your country or that service center... if they bother to check if the device's bootloader was unlocked/relocked, even then some may honor the warranty...

well if u have unlocked bootloader if they company wants they can actually check the bootloader status..

relax mate.... do some searching around... go the service center and check up with them... ask around with other ppl in ur area if unlocking bootloader voids warranty...

Contributions : Generic Android / Xperia X10 / Xperia 2011 devices / Samsung Galaxy S2 / Huawei Ideos X6 / Samsung Galaxy SCL (i9003) / HTC Flyer / Kindle Fire / HTC JetStream / Xperia P, Sola, U / HTC One X / Xperia S / Xperia T, V, TX / Xperia Z, ZL, Tablet Z / Xperia SP / Xperia Z1 / Sony ZU GPe / Xperia Z1 Compact / Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet / Xperia T2 Ultra

Haldi4803
Old
Thanks Meter 166
hehe, the question is, can you see if the Phone is unlocked at boot? Like Samsungs Triangle...

I doubt the people, where i bought it, are smart(competent) enough to check Recovery or connect the phone to a PC and check if it's rooted.
So i'm certainly not gonna ask them if they take it back when it's rooted ^^ But i'll try and ask Sony switzerland about waranty! Might also ask them why the phone is getting 45C and hotter while i'm at it ^^

DooMLoRD
Old
Thanks Meter 34150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803 View Post
hehe, the question is, can you see if the Phone is unlocked at boot? Like Samsungs Triangle...

I doubt the people, where i bought it, are smart(competent) enough to check Recovery or connect the phone to a PC and check if it's rooted.
So i'm certainly not gonna ask them if they take it back when it's rooted ^^ But i'll try and ask Sony switzerland about waranty! Might also ask them why the phone is getting 45C and hotter while i'm at it ^^
no such "visual" indication

lilstevie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 995

DONATE TO ME
The EMMA utility is available to everyone these days from the Sony developer site.

zzcool
Old
Thanks Meter 15

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD View Post
[ THREAD IS STILL WORK IN PROGRESS ]

@MODS
request you to sticky this thread

hello friends,

let me begin by introducing myself, i am developer for Xperia devices (X10, ARC, PLAY, S, T) and am the Lead Developer of Team UtterChaos, member of Team ICX and was associated with Team FreeXperia, ... i have some experience in development for Xperia devices, specifically in kernels, rooting & recoveries and i have various how-to, reference threads which are very helpful to new & advanced users alike across various device communities... i hope even this thread will be useful to everyone... if you would like to know what things i have worked on before feel free to check some of the links in my signature below...

so some of u must be new to the Sony Xperia family & even if u are not this should be useful... this thread should get u up to speed on what you need to know for this device...

i will try to cover some very basic things and try to touch upon some advanced topics...

i do not have the device with me... most of this information is gathered thanks to willing users allowing me remote access to the devices to do testing... huge thank you to all those who helped out!

i will be dividing this thread into various sections, and each section will point to an individual post...

following is the list of sections covered:

for those who are interested in development are free to contact me via p.m.... BUT PLEASE do not ask generic questions, post all generic queries at the forums/threads...

regards,

DooMLoRD
since you are a developer of the devices themselves and in sony

i have one question why can't you just give users a choice if they want to use rooting abilities

just have a setting in the phone called

"rooting"

turning it on will restart the phone rooted turning it off will reflash the phone to unrooted

no voiding of warranty and official

why can't it be that easy?

DooMLoRD
Old
Thanks Meter 34150
Default Re: [Xperia Z][INFO][REF] All the info you need before you begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilstevie View Post
The EMMA utility is available to everyone these days from the Sony developer site.

that's the official Xperia Flashtool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzcool View Post
since you are a developer of the devices themselves and in sony
Dude I don't work for Sony and neither am I affiliated to them in any way...

:P

Sent from my LT30p using xda app-developers app

Lancerfq
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Definitely glad your developing for the mighty Z doomlord, ive just taken delivery of mine today, looking forward to your work here
Xperia Arc (LT15i)
OC: 122-1401Mhz
Kernel: ArcKnight RC3.5.1 OC TEST
Firmware: MIUIv4 2.8.24
Theme: Mass Effect N7 Theme

Xperia S (Lt26i)
OC: Stock
Kernel: Stock
Firmware: Stock
Theme: Stock