5,599,337 Members 37,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z IPS Screen discussion [DISAPPOINTING!!!!! [UPDATED 18/02]

Tip us?

Gambler_3
Old
Thanks Meter 146
GSMArena preview shows a contrast of 700:1. That is simply put an incredible fail who the hell cares about that resolution if you are sacrificing on something as important as contrast and colors.

"More disturbingly, the display has rather poor contrast for a flagship unit and not really inspiring colors."

Sony has goofed up once again.

xl VipeR lx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2330

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler_3 View Post
GSMArena preview shows a contrast of 700:1. That is simply put an incredible fail who the hell cares about that resolution if you are sacrificing on something as important as contrast and colors.

"More disturbingly, the display has rather poor contrast for a flagship unit and not really inspiring colors."

How many times have we said, the demo units are not for sale and not built using the IPS screens, the actual production models look brilliant and way better than the demo models, GSMARENA have contacted Sony for another model, they will revisit the test, most likely they will get a retail device this time.

This is why it is called a "preview" not a view?
Dont worry dude, wait till its released, only 2 weeks to go then go down to your local store and see it for yourself, specs on paper can be different to what you will actually see or prefer
|HTC One Silver ||ROM: Stock ||KERNEL: Stock

|Previous Devices: HTC Touch HD, HD2, Xperia X10, Desire HD, Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC ONE X, Xperia Z|

|CLICK HERE FOR MY XPERIA Z [NOOBS GUIDE] Create your own stock firmware FTF & Flashtool flashing guide[+ pics]|
|CLICK HERE FOR MY HTC SENSATION GUIDE TO S-OFF,(noobproof)|
|If you feel like buying me a Drink CLICK HERE

maverick1103
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Default Re: Xperia Z IPS Screen PHENOMENAL with good viewing angles! [VIDEOS UPDATED 14/02]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler_3 View Post

Well if you don't like it then don't buy it, no one's going to make you.... Starting to get sick of these trolls!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Current phone....

HTC One M8, Gunmetal Grey

Current tablet

Nexus 7 (2013)

Previously owned...

Samsung Note 3, Sony Xperia Z1, HTC One, Sony Xperia Z White, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Grey (N7100), Samsung Galaxy S3 Blue (i9300), HTC One X White, HTC Desire HD, Nokia Lumia 800, Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9200), iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G.

xl VipeR lx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2330

DONATE TO ME
Personally i think the latest video on post 1, the very first one looks fantastic, HE OR SHE HOLDS THE PHONE at roughly 160 to170 degrees, you can still see the icons without any washing out etc.

|Previous Devices: HTC Touch HD, HD2, Xperia X10, Desire HD, Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC ONE X, Xperia Z|

|CLICK HERE FOR MY XPERIA Z [NOOBS GUIDE] Create your own stock firmware FTF & Flashtool flashing guide[+ pics]|

xiFIL
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by xl VipeR lx View Post
Sensation suffered deathgrip, and poor viewing angles,

One x had wifi problem and yellow spots,

I had to send my sensation due to death grip and they lost my handset at HTC repair center and my one x due to yellow spot.
Took ages.

Also sammy suffers screen burn in and doesn't feel premium for the price.
My s2 did. Also the plastic scuffed very easily.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium App
Exactly!!

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

Quote:
How many times have we said, the demo units are not for sale and not built using the IPS screens, the actual production models look brilliant and way better than the demo models, GSMARENA have contacted Sony for another model, they will revisit the test, most likely they will get a retail device this time.

This is why it is called a "preview" not a view?
Dont worry dude, wait till its released, only 2 weeks to go then go down to your local store and see it for yourself, specs on paper can be different to what you will actually see or prefer
Exactly, people make a big deal about small stuff like that, its better to just speculate for now guys, the xperia Z when released will be a total beast! Take my word for it!

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1103 View Post
Dam it seems so far away the 28th lol!

Ano right

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Guys take a look at this this is the final device, this is what it looks like, nobody can say it has terrible angles, seriously guys its much better than the S3, trust me!
TWRP touch v.2.4.1.0
Current ROM: Stock rooted (4.4) || Recovery: --- || Current Kernel: ----
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xiFIL For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gambler_3
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Default Re: Xperia Z IPS Screen PHENOMENAL with good viewing angles! [VIDEOS UPDATED 14/02]

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1103 View Post
Well if you don't like it then don't buy it, no one's going to make you.... Starting to get sick of these trolls!

Awwwwww wanna cry a little? This is a thread about the xperia z display and I have every right to post any relevant info i want to. Dont like it? Don't read it then.

Trolling? lol i didn't post any opinion just a scientific test from one of the major reviewers.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

Droidyou
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiFIL View Post
Exactly!!
Guys take a look at this this is the final device, this is what it looks like, nobody can say it has terrible angles, seriously guys its much better than the S3, trust me!
THIS.
Htc G1 -> Htc Hero -> Htc Sensation -> Htc One X -> Sony Xperia Z
XDA UNIVERSITY

xl VipeR lx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2330

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidyou View Post
THIS.
what?

Droidyou
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
what?
The link(video) in the quote
Htc G1 -> Htc Hero -> Htc Sensation -> Htc One X -> Sony Xperia Z
XDA UNIVERSITY

xl VipeR lx
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2330

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidyou View Post
The link(video) in the quote
Yeh after looking at the videos in post one i am happy!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe