Thanks Meter 168
http://www.androidaustralia.com.au/2...sony-xperia-z/

omersak
Old
Thanks Meter 236
http://www.01net.com/fiche-produit/e.../sony-xperia-z

Best one yet but not english.
Phones:
3310 > 3330 > 6100 > k500i > 6630 > 5700XM > N95 8gb > N81 8gb > Samsung i550 > N73 > 5800XM > iPhone 3gs > HTC Desire > Galaxy S > Nexus S > iPhone 4 > Galaxy S II > HTC Sensation + Xperia Play > iPhone 4s + Galaxy Nexus + Galaxy S III > One X > Galaxy Note II + iPhone 5 + Padfone 2 > Xperia Z > HTC One > Xperia Z1 > Nexus 5 + Galaxy S5

Tablets:
iPad 2 > Galaxy Tab 10.1 > Galaxy Note > Galaxy Note 10.1 > Padfone 2 > iPad Mini 2
The Following User Says Thank You to omersak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stefanve
Old
(Last edited by stefanve; 12th February 2013 at 04:23 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by omersak View Post
thanks, Google translate works well for this page.

I think at the end of the day, all top Android phones from Sony, HTC and Samsung are great, some will be a bit better in some departments but no landslide differences. And it just boils downs to style.

Personally I can't stand the Samsung feel, design and UI I think it is very ugly. So unless they change something in that department I will never own a Samsung.
For the current generation I would buy the HTC one X+ as the Sony T wasn't up to snuff spec wise (although I like the looks of the Sony better).

So for this generation it is again between HTC and Sony. While I like the one x and loved the original desire ,I just like the Sony design better (including UI). On top of that Sony has very good opensource support so, like I said before, unless HTC bringings a fantastic never before seen phone to the table I will keep my pre-order even if the Z is not the phone to end all phones .

I guess that all mayor hardware innovation except for battery are done do its maximum.
There is no real need for 1080p so even higher denseness would be insane.
Most if not all people I know how have an S3/iPhone 4/5 etc are perfectly happy speed wise, so while it is nice that the Z is even faster, and by a big margin, is not overly useful.
Sound etc are all good and for facebook, email, web photos all high end phones are pretty good.

What we miss is true software/hardware innovation to make use of the constantly increasing raw cpu/gpu power. So stuff like background video streaming to HDTV (wireless HDMI).
A desktop mode like unbuntu phone, but again should be able to do that while still using your smartphone as a smartphone.
And of course we need better battery tech.
The Following User Says Thank You to stefanve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dibdin
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Can someone tell me how I go about using Google translate so I can read the above review on my mobile please??
Proud owner of the htc One in black.

reudyfam
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibdin View Post
Can someone tell me how I go about using Google translate so I can read the above review please??
Use Chrome, I think it gives you the option to translate it automatically.

stefanve
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibdin View Post
Can someone tell me how I go about using Google translate so I can read the above review please??
go to translate.google.com -> paste in the link -> click translate.

or use chrome as your browser as it is built in and will ask you if you would like to have it translated

dibdin
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Thank you guys.
Proud owner of the htc One in black.

Gitaroo
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanve View Post
thanks, Google translate works well for this page.

I think at the end of the day, all top Android phones from Sony, HTC and Samsung are great, some will be a bit better in some departments but no landslide differences. And it just boils downs to style.

Personally I can't stand the Samsung feel, design and UI I think it is very ugly. So unless they change something in that department I will never own a Samsung.
For the current generation I would buy the HTC one X+ as the Sony T wasn't up to snuff spec wise (although I like the looks of the Sony better).

So for this generation it is again between HTC and Sony. While I like the one x and loved the original desire ,I just like the Sony design better (including UI). On top of that Sony has very good opensource support so, like I said before, unless HTC bringings a fantastic never before seen phone to the table I will keep my pre-order even if the Z is not the phone to end all phones .

I guess that all mayor hardware innovation except for battery are done do its maximum.
There is no real need for 1080p so even higher denseness would be insane.
Most if not all people I know how have an S3/iPhone 4/5 etc are perfectly happy speed wise, so while it is nice that the Z is even faster, and by a big margin, is not overly useful.
Sound etc are all good and for facebook, email, web photos all high end phones are pretty good.

What we miss is true software/hardware innovation to make use of the constantly increasing raw cpu/gpu power. So stuff like background video streaming to HDTV (wireless HDMI).
A desktop mode like unbuntu phone, but again should be able to do that while still using your smartphone as a smartphone.
And of course we need better battery tech.
same here, s3 is my first smart phone, and will be last samsung device forever. Hate the UI hate the cheapness of the phone, pentile oled is garbage. Sony and HTC are the only choice left for me on android phones really, but HTC new phones seems to be missing microsd lately, which is a big problem for me. Already have 10 gigs of songs on my sd card in my S3. Why is Xperia T spec not up to snuff? Its the same as the NA model of S3 just with less ram which I find to be not an issue at all since I never go over 800 mb usage on my S3. It comes out late but that doesn't make it weak, if so then the S3 would consider low end and weak by now and it still being sold for 600+ (buyout) in Canada as a flagship phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gitaroo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stefanve
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaroo View Post
same here, s3 is my first smart phone, and will be last samsung device forever. Hate the UI hate the cheapness of the phone, pentile oled is garbage. Sony and HTC are the only choice left for me on android phones really, but HTC new phones seems to be missing microsd lately, which is a big problem for me. Already have 10 gigs of songs on my sd card in my S3. Why is Xperia T spec not up to snuff? Its the same as the NA model of S3 just with less ram which I find to be not an issue at all since I never go over 800 mb usage on my S3. It comes out late but that doesn't make it weak, if so then the S3 would consider low end and weak by now and it still being sold for 600+ (buyout) in Canada as a flagship phone.
Well in Europe it is relatively speaking weak h/w but will cost you only 370 euro. the original one x is 440, S3 is 465, one x+ is 535 all off contract.
So I think price wise it is a good deal but I still would pay an extra 70 for the one x

stefanve
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 168
http://blog.gsmarena.com/sony-xperia...rst-encounter/

The Following User Says Thank You to stefanve For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]